Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trunk space ... a quote from the KappaSphere site regarding their custom luggage ...

The Solstice trunk will hold 2 duffles and 2 totes. One duffle and 2 totes will fit in Saturn Sky trunk

... is there really that much difference between the twins?

·
Registered
482 Posts
bubbacc said:
Trunk space ... a quote from the KappaSphere site regarding their custom luggage ...

The Solstice trunk will hold 2 duffles and 2 totes. One duffle and 2 totes will fit in Saturn Sky trunk

... is there really that much difference between the twins?
I think it's because of the support brace under the hinge point of the rear lid.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maverick said:
I think it's because of the support brace under the hinge point of the rear lid.
Yeah but it can be that hidded stash once the duffle bag is in place :lol:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I saw the emergency tire inflate kit is placed differently in a Sol that was at the Pontiac dealership, that may be because someone moved it on that car only -- but if not that could have to do with what bags fit in the Sol and not in the Sky.

·
Registered
802 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I saw the emergency tire inflate kit is placed differently in a Sol that was at the Pontiac dealership, that may be because someone moved it on that car only -- but if not that could have to do with what bags fit in the Sol and not in the Sky.
What's the big deal? All you need is one pair of shorts at a time. Stuff it under or behind the seat. If you filled the Solstice with water and the Sky with beer you wouldn't see the difference in volume. Except you'd be happier with the Sky.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
eldeeko said:
What's the big deal? All you need is one pair of shorts at a time. Stuff it under or behind the seat. If you filled the Solstice with water and the Sky with beer you wouldn't see the difference in volume. Except you'd be happier with the Sky.
If they started to sell any car full of Beer it would definately give the Sky a run for its money.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
1994SC2 said:
It is. The Sky inflator is on its side and seems to take up more trunk sapce. The Solstice one is upright so it uses less left to right space and more up and down which gives a bit more usable trunk space.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
this weekend we went to spen the night in Pigeon Forge in a Cabin with another couple, We took enought clothes for my wife and I to change twice, bathing suits, underwear, socks, jackets, tolietries, a 6 pack of cokes, snacks
All this fit in the trunk in our designer luggage (Food City Bags, I call them Fuod Sitaa Luggage) We even put the top down....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Golf bag fit differences

I am guessing that the cars are somewhat different in several ways.
I can not take my golf bag out of my Solstice and put them in the
trunk of our Sky. The brackets are in the way.

<post split in two by moderator with the thread split. Please see FINELY's Driving differences, and observations of onlooker's preferences post for the remainder of the original post.>

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
This thread was originally about trunk space. We're pretty far afield.

Ok, folks.

This thread was originally about the differences in trunk space. We've gotten pretty far afield into the general differences.

Since there doesn't seem to be any more on the trunk, I'm going to split the threads as best as I can, because the discussions are proceeding more or less in a civil manner.

Please keep this thread to the Trunk space differences.

Here are the other pieces of the original thread:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Amen, I agree.:thumbs: I just finished an 1800 mile journey with my SKY and now have a better idea on how to pack - soft luggage or duffles. Maybe someone will make cases that fit the trunk spaces. I had no problem even with a small hard case. Plenty of room for a 12 pack :cheers: and more.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Amen, I agree.:thumbs: I just finished an 1800 mile journey with my SKY and now have a better idea on how to pack - soft luggage or duffles. Maybe someone will make cases that fit the trunk spaces. I had no problem even with a small hard case. Plenty of room for a 12 pack :cheers: and more.
KappaSphere has a luggage set that is made for the Kappa platform. The Solsitce set is two duffles and two totes - the SKY set is one duffle and two totes.

·
Registered
160 Posts
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I mean isn't this all that REALLY matters?
Oh no... that can't possibly be. All the magazines say golf clubs don't fit in the trunk of a Solstice OR SKY, and I believe them 100%. There's only room for a half a toothbrush and a the front of a pair of underwear...
:rolleyes:

You must have photochopped those clubs into there! :lol:

<drip drip drip..... the sound of HEAVY sarcasm...>

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Man...I just drove by there (Pigeon Forge) if I had known I would have said HI.. Seal9..:cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
deluke said:
If trunk size is really important you shouldn't get either !!!

I think there are a lot of us who would like to use the car to take weekend trips with the wife/girlfriend/significant other. We'd like to see what can be fit in the trunk - it's more of can two people's lugguge be fit in it and what's the limit of what can be packed into the trunk. I'd love to own this car and be able to head up to the poconos for a few days or where ever else I feel like escaping to. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts