Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My husband and I saw 2 Solstices today - red and dk grey. I went back and forth about what car to order, and I'm glad I chose the Sky (no offensive to our cousins!) I like the front end so much better and I think it looks much more aggressive. I was told by Saturn of Doylestown that I can come in and put the deposit down. I'm so excited - I can't wait for payday!!!!

Sue

PS how much is the car cover and do you order that at the dealer? Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
295 and the dealer will charge you alot more

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
It's what you prefer. I think the Sky is a great looking car but I like the classic roadster look of the Solstice. Thats why I have my second Solstice on order going with the GXP. I was never the big vette fan exceptially after they changed the style and the Sky has the same look. It's nice but a little flashy for me. ( I liked the old original looking vets ) But If we were to get a second Roadster I would consider the Red Line. I think it would be great own one of each. ( I traded my first Solstice )

But after my GXP my husband wants a truck. At least I can use the friends and family discount on that.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I like the front end so much better and I think it looks much more aggressive.
I agree with you:willy: My sightings of Sky to Solstice are now running 2:6. Saw a beautiful red sky last week and passed a Sol. yesterday while out for a drive. It was funny how all of the Corvette drivers we encountered would wave at us.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I saw 4 Sols lined up at the Pontiac Dealer around town. Did not get out to investigate - they were flanking a G6 two on each side. All the window stickers in sight...
This is Chicagoland, the convertible time is waning. I wonder what or if there is a premium on those four??

I think since I now own teh car I wanted -- I appreciate even more the Solstice SKY differences. It is great to have choices!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car Cover

So you would suggest getting the car cover for somewhere else, then. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sue

·
Registered
491 Posts
I actually wanted a Solstice at first, but when i saw the Sky i started to slowly change my mind. Being able to have red leather was the deal breaker and then as time went on i realized the Sky is "better built" and that the Sol has a little bit of a "cheap car" material/look to it. Sky just seems more refined.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
I actually wanted a Solstice at first, but when i saw the Sky i started to slowly change my mind. Being able to have red leather was the deal breaker and then as time went on i realized the Sky is "better built" and that the Sol has a little bit of a "cheap car" material/look to it. Sky just seems more refined.
:agree: :agree:
I started by looking at the solstice, but I noticed that by the time I started adding options I was looking for the price gap narrowed considerably :confused:

Then the more I thought about it the more I leaned towards the styling of the sky. :thumbs:

I am not sure I would characterize the solstice look as cheaper than the sky, I might be tempted to say I thought the skys look was more integrated overall everything seemed to go together or harmonize better. (Of course that could just be my imagination, and I might need glasses):lol: :lol:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think that they are two different looks - the solstice reminds me personally of an old school roadster, where as the Sky is more aggressive and modern. They are both great and have their definite fan base.

I was visiting my old home town a couple of weeks ago and parked next to a silver solstice. When I came out of the store the owner of the solstice was walking around my Sky with his mouth open. He really liked the looks of the Sky and wanted to trade!

·
Registered
316 Posts
def dont order it from the dealer- big rip off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts