GM Performance Division. :cheers:marlboromike said:that is a top that would definitely fit a SKY...the best i have seen for a hardtop....now if only we could find the manufacturer. The only thing that I could make out on the car was Performance Division, but there was some type of initials to it's left
Dam I was just going to nail you when I read the last part!!!:lol:FReaK said:please dont crucify me if these have been posted already, im a noob[/size]
Thanks for this handy info.TexSon said:I like it, but having a hard top for my Vette, let me tell you a few negatives.
1. You have to have some place to store it.
2. You probably need 2 people to get it off (may not be heavy, but you don't don't want to scratch your baby) unless you have some type of overhead lift.
3. You cannot easily use the convertible with the hardtop on (see 1 & 2), so if it suddenly turns into a nice day, you are just another hard top.
4. With the Sky and Sol, you will NOT have access to the trunk with the hard top on (at least with my '71 Vette I can still put stuff behind the seat into the luggage space).
5. They really only make sense if you race (and it is required) or in a cold climate (but with the insulation the Sky convertible top has, this one is probably mute).
6. They will probably set you back $1500.
And the biggest negative: Do you really want to turn a convertible into a hard top?