Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18,480 Posts
that is a top that would definitely fit a SKY...the best i have seen for a hardtop....now if only we could find the manufacturer. The only thing that I could make out on the car was Performance Division, but there was some type of initials to it's left

MarlboroMike.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Nice. I've seen other modifications to the Solstice that looked really kool as well.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
That looks very well engineered too -- It looks as though it uses the same anchor hooks as the soft top. I wonder if this was a custom garage creation or a glimpse at something in the works from a company or possibly GM. Either way, I likes.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I have all of the contact and spec information on that hard top, BUT as mentioned before you guys can't order one unless you plan on racing your Sky in Club Racing. This hard top is being sold to Club Racing SCCA licensed drivers only.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I like it, but having a hard top for my Vette, let me tell you a few negatives.

1. You have to have some place to store it.

2. You probably need 2 people to get it off (may not be heavy, but you don't don't want to scratch your baby) unless you have some type of overhead lift.

3. You cannot easily use the convertible with the hardtop on (see 1 & 2), so if it suddenly turns into a nice day, you are just another hard top.

4. With the Sky and Sol, you will NOT have access to the trunk with the hard top on (at least with my '71 Vette I can still put stuff behind the seat into the luggage space).

5. They really only make sense if you race (and it is required) or in a cold climate (but with the insulation the Sky convertible top has, this one is probably mute).

6. They will probably set you back $1500.

And the biggest negative: Do you really want to turn a convertible into a hard top?:confused:

·
Registered
727 Posts
marlboromike said:
that is a top that would definitely fit a SKY...the best i have seen for a hardtop....now if only we could find the manufacturer. The only thing that I could make out on the car was Performance Division, but there was some type of initials to it's left

MarlboroMike.
GM Performance Division. :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
FReaK said:
please dont crucify me if these have been posted already, im a noob[/size]
Dam I was just going to nail you when I read the last part!!!:lol:

You may have to do some searching but someone else posted sketches. He was looking for an opinion of what was the better of 3 version. I didn't like any of them.

Of course I want and like the idea of a rag top. I guess the hard top might be kool on the rainy days. It would be hard to get into the trunk though

·
Registered
72 Posts
TexSon said:
I like it, but having a hard top for my Vette, let me tell you a few negatives.

1. You have to have some place to store it.

2. You probably need 2 people to get it off (may not be heavy, but you don't don't want to scratch your baby) unless you have some type of overhead lift.

3. You cannot easily use the convertible with the hardtop on (see 1 & 2), so if it suddenly turns into a nice day, you are just another hard top.

4. With the Sky and Sol, you will NOT have access to the trunk with the hard top on (at least with my '71 Vette I can still put stuff behind the seat into the luggage space).

5. They really only make sense if you race (and it is required) or in a cold climate (but with the insulation the Sky convertible top has, this one is probably mute).

6. They will probably set you back $1500.

And the biggest negative: Do you really want to turn a convertible into a hard top?:confused:
Thanks for this handy info.
I've never had a car with 2 tops before and wondered about how inconvenient it might be.......now I know :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts