Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not sure if this has already been posted by someone else, I did a search and did not find anything, so sorry for post if someone has already suggested this.

There is a product you can place on the inside of your windshield (not permanent so you can take it off and put it on as many times as you like) that acts like a magnifier so you can see traffic lights, expressway signs, ect.. its pretty small and works really well. MY b-friend has it in his Lotus. I am not sure I can post the website or company name so PM me and I will give it to you. It runs for about $13.00.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I think that would not violate the rules to point us to where we can find out more about such a product... id be interested in knowing more about it. PM if you'd rather but it would be nice for everyone to know im sure.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Phishy said:
There is a product you can place on the inside of your windshield (not permanent so you can take it off and on as many times as you like) that acts like a magnifier so you can see traffic lights, expressway signs, ect.. its pretty small and works really well. MY b-friend has it in his Lotus. I am not sure I can post the website or company name so PM me and I will give it to you. It runs for about $13.00.
OK, I missed it. What exactly is the problem? "solution for seeing out of windshield better"

·
Registered
277 Posts
Here is a number to call to see out of wind shield better....1-800-CONTACTS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some of the lucky ones who have their Sky were saying, it is hard to see when stopped at traffic lights to see them with out having to scrunch down in the seat or cranking thier necks to see it. This product eliminates having to do that

·
Registered
129 Posts
Years ago they has a prism that mounted along the top of the windshield that would allow you to see the color of the traffic light when first in line. Don't know if they are even available any more.
Jayne

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Jayne said:
Years ago they has a prism that mounted along the top of the windshield that would allow you to see the color of the traffic light when first in line. Don't know if they are even available any more.
Jayne
Whoa that dates me and brings back memories of my grandfathers chevy that had one.:willy:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Phishy was nice enough to give me the site (http://lightinsight.com/our_product.htm) and though it would be useful, I agree that it does strike me as more suited for a 1976 Buick not because of functionality but because it just would take away from the nice lines of my car (assuming you can see the outline of the product on the windshield). Thanks nonetheless Phishy, Im sure it will be useful for some Sky owners.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Now if they could invent something that would let you see over the 8 foot van or SUV that is ALWAYS in front of you at the traffic light.....then you would have a solution to the problem.:thumbs: :)

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Will have to see what it is like driving, if I ever get the car, but it looks like it would help. I know the windshield top bar will probably be in the line of sight if you are first in line at a light. This probably will not be that noticable from the outside.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm thinking about REMOVING the Rear View Mirror when my free year of ON-Star is up and replacing it with a SMALL one. That is the biggest mirror of all my vehicles and in such a little car, I can't even look through a right had turn without major ducking. I know I'll loose the 2 interior lights, but I can live with that, always keep flashlight in glove box, and garage has lights. I'll have to see what is involved in tucking the wiring into the windshild surround.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
I'm thinking about REMOVING the Rear View Mirror when my free year of ON-Star is up and replacing it with a SMALL one. That is the biggest mirror of all my vehicles and in such a little car, I can't even look through a right had turn without major ducking. I know I'll loose the 2 interior lights, but I can live with that, always keep flashlight in glove box, and garage has lights. I'll have to see what is involved in tucking the wiring into the windshild surround.
In sticking with the subject. Why doesn't the Sky mirror have a compass? It has everything else in it. The outside temperature is on the dash but where is the compass? My wife and daughter are map quadrant idiots they don't know which way they are going EVER! The one reason men don't ask directions I suppose is they know directions (there are some holdouts)..I mean the sun comes up in the east and the shadows in the morning point west and the reverse is always true. Moss grows on the North side of a tree..Why no compass for those who don't know or don't want to know?
I've been called at home on many occasions with them asking for directions. I have to ask them "where is the sun", "which way are the shadows falling", damn it! "Turn around as you have been driving 20 miles in the wrong direction."
Nuf said..just my problem..thank god for cell phones..thank the devil for credit cards.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I call the 1-800 number, and they said they could make a Bi-focal window for the car but the cost was 2,600.00 thats a bit high...Seal9:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
129 Posts
eldeeko

OK Now.....I'm sure at one point in your life you were lost and you were too macho to stop and ask directions. As far as the compass goes...why not a built in GPS system with a pop up screen on the top of the dash in the center where there is currently a black pannel? That way you may be able to find your way home after dark :willy: Have a great day, Jayne

·
Registered
802 Posts
Jayne said:
OK Now.....I'm sure at one point in your life you were lost and you were too macho to stop and ask directions. As far as the compass goes...why not a built in GPS system with a pop up screen on the top of the dash in the center where there is currently a black pannel? That way you may be able to find your way home after dark :willy: Have a great day, Jayne
Yes, I have asked for directions. When in the middle of the Mojave desert at night with no stars..Yes.
In the city just look at the street address signs and the way the houses are numbered and get a good idea of the direction you are travelling. Thomas bros makes a great map (if you know north from south). I usually refer to Mapquest before going somewhere I am not familiar with. :willy:
Have a great day also.

·
Registered
669 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Phishy was nice enough to give me the site (http://lightinsight.com/our_product.htm) and though it would be useful, I agree that it does strike me as more suited for a 1976 Buick not because of functionality but because it just would take away from the nice lines of my car (assuming you can see the outline of the product on the windshield). Thanks nonetheless Phishy, Im sure it will be useful for some Sky owners.
OK...I bit! I ordered one...will let you know how it works when it comes in.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
You know, 1994SC2, a lot of this windshield conversation sounds like it is simular to a 1994 SC2... Am I correct as we both owned on and you now can compare the view to the SC2 since you have your SKY...:confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
You know, 1994SC2, a lot of this windshield conversation sounds like it is simular to a 1994 SC2... Am I correct as we both owned on and you now can compare the view to the SC2 since you have your SKY...:confused:
You know... thats a VERY good point. I now DO remember having to lean down on occasion to see if the light had changed. Not only did my SC2 have a limited view of stoplights when sitting in the pole position but it was also tinted along the top 3 inches of the windshield, which could further complicate my view.

However, for some reason I think that the Sky is a bit more exaggerated as compared to the much less steep graded SC2. Though the SC2 was also low to the ground, the long and more deep windshield of the SC2 was usually a bit more forgiving.

I think what really throws me off for the Sky is somehow when the top is down I find it that the top bar of the windshield comes across right where the light is - no view above the bar, no view below and maybe thats when I find it most frustrating because I am thinking Ill be able to see it above the bar if I pull forward.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
qwack said:
OK...I bit! I ordered one...will let you know how it works when it comes in.
Its only 13 bucks! Why not!? You'll have to let me know how useful it is and more importantly if its presence on the windshield is clearly evident when looking at the car from the outside.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.