Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pontiac/GMC dealer I leased my Envoy from this past August seems to be getting a supply of Solstices in now, and must be getting more allotment. Yesterday's newspaper ad states "Now taking orders for Guaranteed Spring Delivery... and now, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION available! So, KappaMan or any others in the "know": can you now get the auto trans on the Solstice??? I'm assuming from this ad that it means you can now place orders for the auto trans in a Sol. This is important to me, as I want the auto in my SKY.

·
Registered
17,743 Posts
That was some helpful information...I am also waiting for the automatic and so is marangis...he ordered an automatic from Saturn of Freehold also..

Good Luck

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
450 Posts
wait....i am confused. So do we have to wait along time to get an automatic because Sol. have been out for awhile....Or do you mean....since both the SKY and Sol are being built at the same place...they are making them BOTH in automatics ???? I am unsure how they build the cars at the plants...sorry.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Karen, I've gained from this site that the Sol's will likely get the Auto Trans first since they've been out longer and I'm sure there are many Solstice customers that have been waiting for it to come out. But I think the SKY won't be forgotten for long. I'm really going out on a limb here and I think the auto will be available in both at the same time. Of course, I want the Auto, so I'll be very optimestic about its chances!

·
Registered
275 Posts
GMguy74 said:
Karen, I've gained from this site that the Sol's will likely get the Auto Trans first since they've been out longer and I'm sure there are many Solstice customers that have been waiting for it to come out. But I think the SKY won't be forgotten for long. I'm really going out on a limb here and I think the auto will be available in both at the same time. Of course, I want the Auto, so I'll be very optimestic about its chances!
According to what I've read on the Solstice forum there is officially no restraints anymore on ordering autos! Yes, I think also that our SKY's will be able to be equipped with autos almost right away too. This may not have been such a bad thing to be still waiting on our images for those of us who want an automatic since by the time our images come in we might be able to get the green light on the transmission we want instead of being rejected and then the next person in line getting to go ahead and order. My fingers are crossed for sure!:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
got it....cool. I have to have an automatic....I have alot of problems with my right wrist due to boxing....and driving in Miami where you sit in traffic all the time....my wrist couldn't handle all the shifting! All I can say is....I want my SKY!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anyone know about DSC?

I checked the GM website for this transmission. It is used on the Cadillac CTS. In 2006, the website said they added "DSC" the clutchless shifting feature...

Does anyone know if this will available on the automatic sky's?

I've had it on my last 2 cars, an AcuraTL & CLK 320 (otherwise known as my piece of crap) and absolutely love that feature...

LasVegasPhil

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The Cadys are the only cars that also use this tranny that have paddle shifters. I really don't expect to see what's just now coming out on a Cady on a cut down cheap car. As of right now it's not on the auto Sky or Sol, and I don't expect to see it for several years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts