Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so we Canadians are having to wait for a while longer whilest ya'll drive around in your shiny new Sky's.:driving: I can take it if I have a light at the end of the tunnel. So here's where the math comes in.

I am assuming that my delivery date will be somewhere around May 11 (the assumed date for the Canadian launch):skep: . I need to know how long after your car got a TPW date was your Sky delivered. I figure that way I can figure out approximately when mine might get a TPW. And when it does how long after I should expect my car.

Now if you're going to clober me with some kinda facts and figures that rain on my parade please keep it to yourself:nono: :chill: . This is hard enough to deal with.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
did'nt you hear I got the last chili pepper red.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else. Looking for an average please help. You could be helping other get an idea of how longa wait. Thanks.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I placed my order on 7 Jan 06 and was notified on 2 Mar 06 that they had my image. Still awaiting further update. :willy:

·
Registered
233 Posts
seal9 said:
did'nt you hear I got the last chili pepper red.....:lol: :lol: :lol:
Evil! But I got mine ordered on 3/17! So perhaps it was >> I << that got the last Red! haha

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tyler07 said:
Evil! But I got mine ordered on 3/17! So perhaps it was >> I << that got the last Red! haha
This doesn't help! Give me dates. When did your order get a TPW and what was it? How long after that did you get the car? That helps! I think this will give us the best picture of approx. delivery times.:thumbs:

·
Registered
7 Posts
tpw

normal time after target production week is 21-24 business days. vehicle is inspected, released to carrier, then shipped.entire frame is about 4 weeks in total.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, I ordered on 2/21. As of 3/14 it still had no TPW. But on the 17th, we learned that it had been built on 3/16. That's when all the other info was available. I think it is a crap shoot and it depends on what options etc that you ordered.

Our dealers demo was shipped on 3/6 and as of today it still has not arrived.:confused: :confused: :willy: :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
may 11 is the canadian launch date. your order will not go in till at least that date. expect 8 to 10 weeks after that. just in time to put it away for the winter. sorry. another canadian waiting.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealer is hoping to have cars by May 11th. So am I. I'm #1 on his list! I expect Canadian cars will start production sometime prior to the 11th. If I didn't think I was going to be getting my car until September or October I'd be saying screw it.

BTW have you ordered yet?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
salesguy said:
our demo was shipped on the 5th, as usual 10-14 business days for it to land.
When was the build date?

·
Registered
138 Posts
my dealer is telling me the "one" that they get on may 11 is for dealers only. will be sent to different dealers in ottawa. not for sale.better double check with your dealer.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
her sky said:
my dealer is telling me the "one" that they get on may 11 is for dealers only. will be sent to different dealers in ottawa. not for sale.better double check with your dealer.
He has a restraining order against me.:D He wouldn't say the car would be in on the 11th but he did say to expect it some time in late May or early June. I'm taking that with a grain of salt though. I'll be pissed if I have to wait until fall because I have no intention of driving the dam thing in the winter. I'll wait for a Red Line if I have to wait until fall.

I do know that my order is with Saturn and they are waiting for the factory to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
her sky said:
may 11 is the canadian launch date. your order will not go in till at least that date. expect 8 to 10 weeks after that. just in time to put it away for the winter. sorry. another canadian waiting.
That is wrong...many of us Canadians have had orders in since December.
May 11th is when the cars start getting here. We have ordered all of our Sky's for the year; however, they have not moved in the system since we ordered them.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
tyler07 said:
I think we split the last two, mine was also imaged on the 22nd.... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts