Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i'm number 1 on a certian dealerships pre order list and i just put 750$ down a few days ago?? It was my x-mas present. All i did was look for a dealership close to my town (25 mi.) away that was in a gerenally knowen poverished area. Called then and they had no preorders :) So i put one down... I called today and i'm still the one and only, 25 miles south from where i preordered theres a dealership that has 22 orders and 30 miles south of that another dealership with 18 pre orders no one wants to go into the "hood" for a sky. Thats why i did it over the phone and mailed a check in :) If your low on the preorder list this would be a great solution for you :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I ran into a dealer that didn't want to start a list or take my money. He figured he was small volume and would only get one or two if any and wasn't sure he would be able to control the colour so he declined my money. I'm sure has the time to take orders nears he is rethinking that policy now.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I want my sky NOW said:
that was in a gerenally knowen poverished area. Called then and they had no preorders
Hey, if your parents see that you spell like a dyslexic monkey and make up words are they gonna take the keys away for a few weeks?

:lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a forum, not a paper or something thats gonna be graded... Your right, "poverished" is not in the dictionary but ppl use the word a lot, google it. The girl who wrote harry potter can make up words so can I. I type it and post it, i don't go spell checking the hell out of it before posting. don't be upset at me and try to pick on every lil word i type b/c i'm going to MIT and i'm good in school. Relax man, and lay off me, concentrate on the Sky thats gonna be here soon enough. Ever heard of a blunt?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I want my sky NOW said:
It's a forum, not a paper or something thats gonna be graded... Your right, "poverished" is not in the dictionary but ppl use the word a lot, google it. The girl who wrote harry potter can make up words so can I. I type it and post it, i don't go spell checking the hell out of it before posting. don't be upset at me and try to pick on every lil word i type b/c i'm going to MIT and i'm good in school. Relax man, and lay off me, concentrate on the Sky thats gonna be here soon enough. Ever heard of a blunt?
Yes, You're right! Spell checking fixes nothing if you cannot understand the grammar.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I know my dealership is not accepting deposits. There is a list formed, but the owner of the dealership does not want to take money at this time. Just because you haven't offered a 500 or 750 deposit doesn’t mean you won’t get one of the first cars to that dealer. I believe it’s all at the individual dealer’s discretion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weird....

·
Registered
149 Posts
One of the dealers I'm dealing with isn't even making a list, he is just going to call the people who have shown intrest and the first ones in the door get the first SKYs for that dealership.

·
Registered
192 Posts
ruledawg said:
One of the dealers I'm dealing with isn't even making a list, he is just going to call the people who have shown intrest and the first ones in the door get the first SKYs for that dealership.
I think I would go to a different dealer. It's your money, not his. He still has to set down and order the car so why not order it to your specs? He just wants to load the car up with options for max. profit.

I'm #1 on a list of 30 with a deposit in since Feb. at my dealership and the dealer has promised it at sticker, no over charging.

99 Miata
03 F150
99 Explorer
99 SC2
50 Mercury
37 Ford Streetrod
07 Sky-Chili Pepper Red soon , I hope!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
The only problem with your plan is this. Some dealerships (as discussed here) may not get any Sky's. Other dealerships will be told what car they are getting with no choice of colour or options. A busy dealership in an area with a good sports car market is likely to get better allocations (again as discussed here).

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
The only problem with your plan is this. Some dealerships (as discussed here) may not get any Sky's. Other dealerships will be told what car they are getting with no choice of colour or options. A busy dealership in an area with a good sports car market is likely to get better allocations (again as discussed here).
Maybe those dealers in Canada may be told what they are going to get but all the ones I know of here in the states will be ordering what the customer wants....

·
Registered
256 Posts
My dealer wasn't taking deposits until several weeks after other dealers in the area started accepting them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
ruledawg said:
I got worried after reading your post, then saw that you're in San Jose! My dealer is doing the same thing (not taking deposits or writing up sale orders). What they are doing is having each salesperson keep a list of potential SKY customers that they will call when the time comes. They're doing a "first come, first served" approach. While knowing that others here have stuff in writing with a deposit has made me a little uneasy about my Saturn dealer's way, I don't like to take chances. So I've met with the Sales Manager on a day I knew the salesperson was off and got his e-mail address. We've e-mailed a couple of times, just to make sure he knows to e-mail me. He promised me an e-mail first from him before my salesman calls me to come in!!! :lol:

·
Registered
149 Posts
GMguy74 said:
I got worried after reading your post, then saw that you're in San Jose! My dealer is doing the same thing (not taking deposits or writing up sale orders). What they are doing is having each salesperson keep a list of potential SKY customers that they will call when the time comes. They're doing a "first come, first served" approach. While knowing that others here have stuff in writing with a deposit has made me a little uneasy about my Saturn dealer's way, I don't like to take chances. So I've met with the Sales Manager on a day I knew the salesperson was off and got his e-mail address. We've e-mailed a couple of times, just to make sure he knows to e-mail me. He promised me an e-mail first from him before my salesman calls me to come in!!! :lol:

I met my sales person yesterday and he said that i could order it but to be "fair" he is using a first come first serve. They get 3 per month, which is pretty good actaully so I'm not too worried. I figure as long as I get there with in 1 hour I should be one of the first 6 to order and will get min in march or april. He is a good guy and we talked for like an hour and by the end he put my number in his cell and said I would be one of the first to get his call, plus I live right down the street form the dealership. So I'm not all that worried.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts