Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Deleted... :willy:

Even though it was only statistical information it came from a website that has the disclaimer Saturn Sales (Jill) posted at the bottom.

"This material is not legally approved for use in any advertising. It is intended for use by retail employees only and is not to be disseminated to, or reviewed by, consumers." 2005 Saturn Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.

I completely missed that statement!!! :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
where do "Saturn Area Reps" get their info?

I read your post and gave the sales manager a call to see if he had heard anything new. He gave me some info (allocation numbers, supposed order date,production date, delivery date goal for preorders...etc) I asked where he got this info and he said from the area rep. I said "hmmm" cause thats totally opposite of what ppl (including other Saturn dealers) are saying on the forum.

I really don't want to give the dates that he told me only cause I know that everyone will say they are BS and I already know that. My question is, where do these "area reps" get their info? I would think (working in a large corporate environment myself) the info would be dessiminated down from the top and the different levels of management would find out this information at roughly the same time and the information being given would be the same.

Apparently this is not how it works at saturn cause everyone on this forum has reported something different from various "mgrs and reps". Do these "area reps" just take a guess based on their personal experience and pass it along as "verified info"??

He also said it would be a turbo on the redline, not a SC. I asked how he knew and of course he said his area rep told him, so I asked "how does he know?" and he couldn't say for sure.

I would prefer it if they were all told to not say a word until told to by the chain of command... this constant misinformation is killing me!

on a good note, the number 2 person dropped off the list... so I moved from #3 to #2!!! woohoo!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
My dealer has talked to Jill directly and also her boss, there has not been any numbers given for how many will be produced for certain, when production will start or which dealers will get theirs first or even how many each dealer will get. He told me as soon as he knows something I will know it...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
yes, I know that thats why I didn't give any of the details of what was said. I was just asking how .... ah nevermind, don't want to type it all again.

·
Registered
328 Posts
classic66vair said:
My dealer has talked to Jill directly and also her boss, there has not been any numbers given for how many will be produced for certain, when production will start or which dealers will get theirs first or even how many each dealer will get. He told me as soon as he knows something I will know it...
/// Same here ///

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sky Dealer said:
Here is a quote taken directly from SaturnTeam.com and spoken by Jill Lajdziak:
The General Manager for Saturn!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
The General Manager for Saturn!!!

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
I meant who is "Jill" in these posts from classic and lost:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22491&postcount=3
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22503&postcount=5

I'm asking because if dealers are speaking directly to Jill L., the Saturn Brand GM, I highly doubt she would just spill all the beans, knowing that giving info directly to dealers is not a very "secure" say to work.

There are channels for information, and this "I heard from..." or "my dealer talked to Bob Lutz and he said..." are merely rumor.

It's bad enough from the press. Just see how the Autoweek article quote from Lauckner goes for now. Either he misspoke, was misquoted, or GM really is changing their tactic and going for a supercharger and decided to add a Vauxhall at the last minute.

I like the quote from Jill L., Sky Dealer. Very straightforward. But, I'm not seeing anything about delivery dates, start of production, or a single word about the Redline version... And VERY clear it's from Jill L, the Saturn Brand Gen Mgr.

However, I was trying to find out if the "Jill" that classic66 and Lost Sol are referring to is info directly from a dealer (like usmc's post) sales manger who heard it from the area rep, who got his/her info from the Zone manager, who attended a meeting and heard it from Jill L., and passed the info onto his area rep on a "off the record, wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say-no-more" basis...

Like usmc said:

usmc said:
...I would prefer it if they were all told to not say a word until told to by the chain of command... this constant misinformation is killing me!
That IS the intention at GM. Official information has a channel, actually a couple of channels - through the automotive media, and through www.saturn.com.

I'm sure you all know this.

But a supplier gets a partially accurate tidbit, passes it on to someone who has another tidbit, they put it together and call a friend that works at AutoWeek, who conclude that a V6 will be offered in 2007... and before you know it, the Sky is produced as a 2+2 seating configuration with an LS9 V8 750 hp engine, 22 inch wheels and will be available last week and only costs $18,000 including destination, taxes, title and license fees.

It's all about digging through the noise and finding the "truth". In my humble existence, and no offense to either saturn sales or sky dealer, dealer insider info seems to be the most inconsistent and the most inaccurate info of all. It just seems that way, although I'm sure there are some points that seem to be true when taken aggregately:

-Apparently, the "intended" production dates were early in 2006. Somehow, they have apparently have "slipped" to a later, unknown date. This known by piecing together the "rumors".
-Saturn's official availability is still Spring, 2006.
-There may or may not be a SC or TC version of the car. Nothing official, but a higher horsepower is definitely in the works, again pieced together from the "rumors", and spy photos of the sibling car, the Solstice.

Aside from that, we can't really tell what else.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Jill - Saturn Sales - has not, will not, even under threat of torture give out any info that is not verified, certified, inspected, or disected by her higher-ups (sales manager, general manager, or owner of the facility). And even then, probably not until I see an actual order image. I have seen the smoke and flames from the Solstice Forum and it is not a pretty sight. Every day I get phone calls or e-mails about who heard what when, etc. I am just worn out by it all. The SKY is definately coming, and for that I am very excited! While I would love to be the one to have an inside scoop on delivery or production dates, it's not gonna happen that way. I will officially apologize for any information that I took as gospel and then passed it on to others. From this point forward, until I hear it in an official format, it doesn't exists. I want us all to keep up the enthusiasm, the excitement, the fun, the friendships we have made here. Let's not get lost in the "insider information" , "I heard it first", or other games that take away from this great vehicle, and our appreciation of it.
::: Stepping off my soapbox for the last time :::
Jill aka Saturn Sales. :D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Okay, one more thing...LOL
Saturn Team is for Saturn Employees only...and I think it says that information from that site is not to be shared with people who are not Saturn Team Members. Hmmm...the mystery continues...
Jill

·
Registered
554 Posts
Okay, so Saturn Sales will be playing the hush hush with us. I guess I will need have start spreading wild and unbelievable rumors again. :D

Oh, did I mention that there will be live production versions of the Sky at SEMA next month?? :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Deleted... :willy:

This post was a direct connection between my foot and my mouth (or should I say hands?) :banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Delnari said:
Okay, so Saturn Sales will be playing the hush hush with us. I guess I will need have start spreading wild and unbelievable rumors again. :D
Simple fix. Remove the post and have the offending user killed! That should get us back in the good books with Saturn!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
kappaman said:
I meant who is "Jill" in these posts from classic and lost:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22491&postcount=3
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22503&postcount=5

I'm asking because if dealers are speaking directly to Jill L., the Saturn Brand GM, I highly doubt she would just spill all the beans, knowing that giving info directly to dealers is not a very "secure" say to work.

There are channels for information, and this "I heard from..." or "my dealer talked to Bob Lutz and he said..." are merely rumor.

It's bad enough from the press. Just see how the Autoweek article quote from Lauckner goes for now. Either he misspoke, was misquoted, or GM really is changing their tactic and going for a supercharger and decided to add a Vauxhall at the last minute.

I like the quote from Jill L., Sky Dealer. Very straightforward. But, I'm not seeing anything about delivery dates, start of production, or a single word about the Redline version... And VERY clear it's from Jill L, the Saturn Brand Gen Mgr.

However, I was trying to find out if the "Jill" that classic66 and Lost Sol are referring to is info directly from a dealer (like usmc's post) sales manger who heard it from the area rep, who got his/her info from the Zone manager, who attended a meeting and heard it from Jill L., and passed the info onto his area rep on a "off the record, wink-wink-nudge-nudge-say-no-more" basis...

Like usmc said:

That IS the intention at GM. Official information has a channel, actually a couple of channels - through the automotive media, and through www.saturn.com.

I'm sure you all know this.

But a supplier gets a partially accurate tidbit, passes it on to someone who has another tidbit, they put it together and call a friend that works at AutoWeek, who conclude that a V6 will be offered in 2007... and before you know it, the Sky is produced as a 2+2 seating configuration with an LS9 V8 750 hp engine, 22 inch wheels and will be available last week and only costs $18,000 including destination, taxes, title and license fees.

It's all about digging through the noise and finding the "truth". In my humble existence, and no offense to either saturn sales or sky dealer, dealer insider info seems to be the most inconsistent and the most inaccurate info of all. It just seems that way, although I'm sure there are some points that seem to be true when taken aggregately:

-Apparently, the "intended" production dates were early in 2006. Somehow, they have apparently have "slipped" to a later, unknown date. This known by piecing together the "rumors".
-Saturn's official availability is still Spring, 2006.
-There may or may not be a SC or TC version of the car. Nothing official, but a higher horsepower is definitely in the works, again pieced together from the "rumors", and spy photos of the sibling car, the Solstice.

Aside from that, we can't really tell what else.
it WAS Jill Lajdziak my dealer talked to...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Thanks, classic'. After re-reading your post, I suspected so, as the "official" line would be pretty much a "no further info is available".

BTW, sorry to change the subject, but hope your wife is doing well.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
Okay, one more thing...LOL
Saturn Team is for Saturn Employees only...and I think it says that information from that site is not to be shared with people who are not Saturn Team Members. Hmmm...the mystery continues...
Jill
You mean like this http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm AND http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=10 is only for dealers? :lol: :lol: :lol: the general public has had access to this for a long, long time. GM's infernal intelligence department is somewhat lacking.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
kappaman said:
Thanks, classic'. After re-reading your post, I suspected so, as the "official" line would be pretty much a "no further info is available".

BTW, sorry to change the subject, but hope your wife is doing well.
thanks, she had another treatment yesterday, and she was very sick all night, i think she is considering not taking any more Chemo since she has been so sick from it for the last 3 months, and she wants what time she has left more enjoyable than being stuck in the house all the time...
thanks again for asking.

·
Registered
295 Posts
achieftain said:
You mean like this http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/dmdindex.htm AND http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/vehiclesel.jsp?year=2006&regionID=1&divisionID=10 is only for dealers? :lol: :lol: :lol: the general public has had access to this for a long, long time. GM's infernal intelligence department is somewhat lacking.
No, LOL, I meant like this:
"This material is not legally approved for use in any advertising. It is intended for use by
retail employees only and is not to be disseminated to, or reviewed by, consumers."
2005 Saturn Corporation.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.
Just doing what the folks who sign my pay check and allow me to stay employed expect me to do...
Jill

·
Registered
304 Posts
Saturn Sales said:
No, LOL, I meant like this:
"This material is not legally approved for use in any advertising. It is intended for use by
retail employees only and is not to be disseminated to, or reviewed by, consumers."
2005 Saturn Corporation.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.
Just doing what the folks who sign my pay check and allow me to stay employed expect me to do...
Jill
But in my linked reference is
This Online Order / Reference Guide is intended solely for business use by GM dealers. Certain models, options or equipment may be available only to customers who qualify as fleet or commercial customers. None of the information in this Online Order / Reference Guide has been reviewed or approved for use in any advertising of any kind. GM has taken reasonable steps to make the information in this Online Order / Reference Guide accurate as of the time of printing. However, GM reserves the right to make changes to this information at any time without notice.
Doesn't say any legaleze but I doubt that GM knows that their propreitary site is available to the general public. I won't tell if you won't. :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts