Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'm trying to find the link, but with the release of the newest version that came out this year they've made it a free download as a PDF instead of having to buy the CD or book.

·
Registered
623 Posts
brentil said:
I'm trying to find the link, but with the release of the newest version that came out this year they've made it a free download as a PDF instead of having to buy the CD or book.
It is on GMTunersource.com

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
sky_vue said:
Heres an article stating that GM is giving away a racers cookbook to help with modifications of their Ecotec Engines. I've e-mailed for mine in the hopes that there are some tricks that will help with the Sky.

Should be exciting

Flint Journal - GM offers High Pref Engine Cookbook
I e-mailed my request for a book off today. Lets see how long it takes. I will post as soon as it comes in, if it comes in.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I find it very odd they're having you send info to an AOL email address...

I don't know, smells kinda fishy to me.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
brentil said:
I find it very odd they're having you send info to an AOL email address...

I don't know, smells kinda fishy to me.
I will be sure and yell if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
do you think the 250 hp turbo motor will be able to handle more power?

If GM uses a long block similiar to the Cobalt SS Supercharged it should be able to take a lot more power.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
do you think the 250 hp turbo motor will be able to handle more power?
If the engine is anyhitng like the 2.0L SUpercharged version it'll also include a lot of forged instead of cast componenets and have a much lower CR making it a far boost friendlier setup then the normal 2.4L VVT ECOTEC. Some simple mods like a better intercooler, boost controller, improved intake, improved exhaust and you should be able to see some very noticable gains off the Turbocharged engine I bet.

·
Registered
623 Posts
sky_line said:
Anyone Know How Much More Time After Thesky Is Out That The Redline Will Follow?
Solstice GT (or GXP depending on source) is coming out as a 2007 Model when the MY 2007 go on sale in August 2006. The SKY RL is suppose to come out at that same time. So it could be as little as 5 months after the release of the SKY (assuming a March release)

·
Registered
242 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Solstice GT (or GXP depending on source) is coming out as a 2007 Model when the MY 2007 go on sale in August 2006. The SKY RL is suppose to come out at that same time. So it could be as little as 5 months after the release of the SKY (assuming a March release)
thanks....i'll stick with the basic.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my book in the mail yesterday.. has the specs, parts required, illustrations on how to do the work and what not. It allows the ecotec to go from std to -- get this -- 1000hp .. not that I think anyone wants to get there.. .

good book.. definately will get good use once my sky comes. :)

(whenever that happes :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
242 Posts
sky_vue said:
Got my book in the mail yesterday.. has the specs, parts required, illustrations on how to do the work and what not. It allows the ecotec to go from std to -- get this -- 1000hp .. not that I think anyone wants to get there.. .

JUST GOT MINE AS WELL! I TOLD THE WIFEY THAT HER "ION" WILL HAVE 1000HP....:willy: .....SHE'S STILL GIVING ME "THE LOOK"! I TRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
sky_vue said:

Sound like they sent you a copy of the old book. Guess they're trying to get rid of all the paper copies they printed up and couldn't sell. The new version that you can get for free as PDF now adds tuning of the 2.0L Supercharged ECOTEC and also shows how to get the engines upto 1400HP as well. The problem with these books is that they really don't apply to the 2.4L VVT ECOTEC yet. I expect next years revision to though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
brentil said:
Sound like they sent you a copy of the old book. Guess they're trying to get rid of all the paper copies they printed up and couldn't sell. The new version that you can get for free as PDF now adds tuning of the 2.0L Supercharged ECOTEC and also shows how to get the engines upto 1400HP as well. The problem with these books is that they really don't apply to the 2.4L VVT ECOTEC yet. I expect next years revision to though.
BUMMER! I WAS, SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY "ION" WITH 1000 HP. BUT 1400 IS EVEN BETTER..........WONDER WHAT KIND OF "LOOK"I WILL GET THIS TIME!:lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts