Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well someone today is the first offical purchaser of a Sky... and it looks like the first production Sky may be closer than Springtime.
http://media.gm.com:8221/division/saturn/

EAST HAMPTON, NY - General Motors Corp. is proud to announce a partnership for the second consecutive year with the Rush Philanthropic Arts Foundation for its ART FOR LIFE benefit in East Hampton, NY. General Motors will serve as the platinum sponsor of the July 30, 2005 event and offer the crowd of entertainment, art, business and philanthropic leaders the first opportunity to own an all-new limited production 2007 Saturn Sky roadster.

One of the first Saturn Sky roadsters to be produced will be up for bid in the live charity auction that benefits the Rush Foundation and its programs that support the creative expression of young people. Auctioneer Star Jones Reynolds, will give a member of the sold-out crowd the opportunity to secure this vehicle about six months prior to its official launch.

lets see 6 months from July 30th... don't that make it January 30th?

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It's not what you think it is. This is exactly like the FHM Sky give-away and every Solstice give-away including the one Kendra won on the Apprentice. It jsut means they'll be one of the first to get one when they're produced. The wording alone gives tht away here.
the first opportunity to own
It doesn't say when they'll own it, just that they'll have the chance to be one of the first. Also the "opportunity to secure one" means they'll have the right to lock one in place for themselves.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brentil said:
It's not what you think it is. This is exactly like the FHM Sky give-away and every Solstice give-away including the one Kendra won on the Apprentice. It jsut means they'll be one of the first to get one when they're produced. The wording alone gives tht away here.

It doesn't say when they'll own it, just that they'll have the chance to be one of the first. Also the "opportunity to secure one" means they'll have the right to lock one in place for themselves.
I never said they will own it on July 30th...
it says
"secure this vehicle about six months prior to its official launch."
ok that means if they win the auction they have secured the purchase of this vehicle on July 30th, and then the statment says "about 6 months prior to it's official launch" dosen't that mean it is scheduled to go on sale about 6 months from July 30th? that would be slightly earlier than Spring 2006 in my book...unless spring arrives now around January 30th...of course I want it to be as soon as possible... maybe I am just wishful thinking here but they need to choose their words more carefully in that case...

·
Registered
242 Posts
IN 6 MONTHS(GIVE OR TAKE 3 OR 4) :D :D :D

BUT SERIOUSLY! I HOPE JANUARY........EARLY BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR ME :lol: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
It appears we are going to wear ourselves out before the car is released weather it is in January or "spring". :banghead: :brentil: :banghead:

·
Registered
242 Posts
marklynn70 said:
It appears we are going to wear ourselves out before the car is released weather it is in January or "spring". :banghead: :brentil: :banghead:
YOU'RE SO RIGHT...WHENEVER IT GETS HERE, IS FINE WITH ME :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the Solstice forum

I just saw this one the Solstice forum... I hope it is true about the SKY

Originally Posted by Automotive News
First Solstices to ship on Wednesday

By Richard Truett
Automotive News / August 01, 2005

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

He added that there were no last-minute problems with the Solstice and that the program will be profitable for GM. There is a waiting list of 10,000 customers for the Solstice, Reuss said.

Production of the Saturn Sky roadster, which shares its chassis with the Solstice, will begin later this summer, Reuss said.

GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
classic66vair said:
I just saw this one the Solstice forum... I hope it is true about the SKY

Originally Posted by Automotive News
First Solstices to ship on Wednesday

By Richard Truett
Automotive News / August 01, 2005

TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. -- Pontiac will ship the first batch of 2006 Pontiac Solstice roadsters to dealers on Wednesday, Aug. 3.

Dealers can sell the car as soon as it arrives, said Mark Reuss, General Motors executive director of vehicle architecture, on Monday at the Management Briefing Seminars.

Reuss said that in spite of media reports, there was no delay in shipping the Solstice to dealers.

He added that there were no last-minute problems with the Solstice and that the program will be profitable for GM. There is a waiting list of 10,000 customers for the Solstice, Reuss said.

Production of the Saturn Sky roadster, which shares its chassis with the Solstice, will begin later this summer, Reuss said.

GM will offer a detachable hardtop for the Solstice later this year, which can be bought via dealership parts departments.

Reuss said other variations of the Solstice are being considered for production. They include a high-performance model with a turbocharged engine, and a lightweight coupe with a fixed roof to appeal to club racers.
Great information update. :)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Maybe prototype/plant trial cars, but production is definitely NOT starting "later this summer" (as in later 2005). Mr Reuss was either misquoted, or he misstated, or was misinformed.

We know the Sky is a 2007 model year, and production cannot start prior to January 1, 2006 for a 2007 model year. Period.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kappaman said:
Maybe prototype/plant trial cars, but production is definitely NOT starting "later this summer" (as in later 2005). Mr Reuss was either misquoted, or he misstated, or was misinformed.

We know the Sky is a 2007 model year, and production cannot start prior to January 1, 2006 for a 2007 model year. Period.
like I said in the other post that that isn't written in stone it has to be a 2007 model, they could bring it out early as a 2006 if they wanted to... no law against that is there?if he misspoke or whatever what summer was he talking about? they were saying before it would be early 2006... ok say they can;t sell them untill 2006, and they start pre production of test mules in early september, then the real production starts in december... and shipping starts Jan 1st, isn't that possible? if you go by the test mule Solstices being bult in may, and now the production cars are being produced for sale then the timing works out ....

·
Registered
5 Posts
classic66vair said:
Please, Please God..... Let this be true!! I think I'd start collecting all Kappa models that they produce!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zbad1 said:
Please, Please God..... Let this be true!! I think I'd start collecting all Kappa models that they produce!
I am hoping the whole thing is true.... But unless your very rich I don't see owning ALL the different models.. unless your talking about 1:18 scale models... LOL

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
classic66vair said:
I am hoping the whole thing is true.... But unless your very rich I don't see owning ALL the different models.. unless your talking about 1:18 scale models... LOL
I already have the Solstice just waiting on the SKY to be released. I will have to buy a couple of the SKY though so I can paint one orange. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts