Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I can't keep myself quiet about this any longer. I have only positive things to say about how this process (getting our Skys) is happening. We were told the first ones would be here in the early spring. That is exactly what is happening. No one ever said that they would all arrive at the same time.

I am content knowing that mine is on the train and heading this way. My car shipped 10 days after the dealer demo which arrived on the 27th and took 17 days to get here. I have been kept informed every step of the way. Maybe in my old age I have developed a little more patience and am more willing to go with the flow. Anxious to get my SKY?? You bet! Feel like we are getting $%$#@?? Not at all. Chill out folks. This is what we will all be doing very soon.:driving: :driving: Now lets all relax and enjoy the wait. I plan to have this car for a long time so what is a few more days or even weeks.:grouphug:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah, despite all of us peeing our pants... they were dead on for the delivery date (JUST NOT FOR MY CAR). In all though, I'm quite surprised that everything has turned out relatively smoothly for a new model release like this, restrictions and delays aside that is.

... notice a change in attitude? I think today is the day I get mine.

·
Registered
140 Posts
So far, EVERYTHING is positvie with my SKY, transaction, driving, dealer (Saturn of the Valley, Allentown PA) No matter how many try to bring down the SKY, I am smiling and life goes on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Exactly!!!

MOMDRAE,
You said it all. Thanks.:thumbs:

·
Registered
438 Posts
In the sky roadster poll "when will the car be in your drivewy" I guessed in June..because I never believed they would be on time! Wow was I wrong...picking it up at 2:00 today!

Saturn of Lakeside has been perfect!

·
Registered
140 Posts
ishot3bucks: best of luck. you will love it. I have the exact SKY.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Don't shoot the messenger

Saturn dealers are awesome. They do their best but are at the mercy of the corporation and it's suppliers. Dealer reps on this site have held their tongue and remained professional despite all of the negativity and impatience ::thumbs: Bringing any new product to market is extreemly difficult, be it a widget or a car. Even GM, as big as they are, are at the mercy of their suppliers. This will be our 3rd saturn from as many different dealers and they truly are a "different kind of car company". Blue Skys are coming and soon we'll be smiling.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bobfred44 said:
So far, EVERYTHING is positvie with my SKY, transaction, driving, dealer (Saturn of the Valley, Allentown PA) No matter how many try to bring down the SKY, I am smiling and life goes on.
:agree:
It is worth the wait....

·
Registered
262 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
OK. I can't keep myself quiet about this any longer. I have only positive things to say about how this process (getting our Skys) is happening. We were told the first ones would be here in the early spring. That is exactly what is happening. No one ever said that they would all arrive at the same time.
:agree: Yeah, your are correct. My dealer (Saturn of Berlin, CT) has been pretty good about letting me know the information that he gets, (darn chrome wheels). And he's not charging $4,000.00 over MSRP like Saturn of Springfield, MA is. I will stop my crying (for a little while anyway).

Today is the first time this year it's in the 70's. Oh no, I better log out, I feel a sniffle coming on already.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Happy For You Guys

THE CAR IS WORTH WAITING FOR]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]:cool:

MY SALESPERSON IS NICE. SALES MGR. IS NICE,SATURN CANADA LADY IS VERY NICE .HOWEVER BEING # 1 ON THE DEALERS LIST AND BEING TOLD THE SKY IS ORDERED., I THINK I SHOULD BE ATLEAST GIVEN THE ORDER # & THE STATUS. IF YOU HAVE AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION PLEASE POST IT. THANKS FROM CANADA:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I second your thoughts

MOMDRAE said:

I am content knowing that mine is on the train and heading this way. My car shipped 10 days after the dealer demo which arrived on the 27th and took 17 days to get here. I have been kept informed every step of the way. Maybe in my old age I have developed a little more patience and am more willing to go with the flow. Anxious to get my SKY?? You bet! Feel like we are getting $%$#@?? Not at all. Chill out folks. This is what we will all be doing very soon.:driving: :driving: Now lets all relax and enjoy the wait. I plan to have this car for a long time so what is a few more days or even weeks.:grouphug:
This all goes back to waiting in December/January. People were getting so impatient. Maybe it is age -- but I kept seeing "Introducing the SKY in the Spring of 2006" and even giving us calendars showing us the date. As I posted back then -- What does Introduce mean to you? To me it was the beginning, the start of cars coming out. They hit it right on the head, as far as I am concerned. Solstice owners have told us time and again - the SKY birth was nearly painless when compared to theirs.
I think a fine job has been done. My Saturn Store (Tinley Park) has been great. Their GM is as excited as I am about each and every SKY. A delight to talk with. From what I have heard he is that way with every car every customer. Not afraid to say that he is appalled at Saturn Stores up charging the SKY; he says that every person on the list for a SKY is a past customer.... Why would he want to upset them?:nono:
I will patiently wait - my image is in, I want them to build the perfect SKY for me.

·
Registered
669 Posts
1994SC2 said:
Yeah, despite all of us peeing our pants... they were dead on for the delivery date (JUST NOT FOR MY CAR). In all though, I'm quite surprised that everything has turned out relatively smoothly for a new model release like this, restrictions and delays aside that is.

... notice a change in attitude? I think today is the day I get mine.
LOL! But you're right...it WILL get here.

·
Registered
140 Posts
VERY much so. I was put on the list over one year ago and now that I am driving it, it is better than expected. Great dealer also made it much easier for the wait.

·
Registered
55 Posts
re my response @1152 today

Just spoke with the nice lady @ Saturn Canada . She said my sky is in the system and she will get back to me Tues. or Wed. with specific info .:) :) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts