Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I guess I should have expected this would eventually happen with the sky looking as it does. I walk over to the parking lot I use in San Francisco and as I walk up to the sky I'm approached by one of the attendants who cautiously (they know how anal I am about my sky) lets me know that my car was broken into.

They smashed my passenger window!! friggin &#^*&@#^@#&*@#!!

looks like they knew that if they didn't open the door, the alarm wouldn't go off. they smashed the window and then leaned in to open the glove box. I'm so lucky that I decided go the route of leaving the glove box unlocked just in case. I didn't want anyone trashing my dash to get in.

These idiots then proceeded to tear the "hump" cover off. The one under the E brake. The only reason I can think of that they would do this is because they thought it was a storage area. Dumb A**s.:banghead:

As much as I complain about the location of the storage box (between the seats) I think it being in such a wierd spot actually paid off. They never even noticed it! my sunglasses and 50$ wireless headset were still in there. :thumbs:
I parked at about 5am, the guy next to me said he parked at 5:30 and the window was already broken. So either they knew my schedule since I park there everyday or they just happened to see me pull in and hit my car just after I walked away.
all in all, they stole nothing but left me with a bill quoted by my dealership of-- 150.00 window and about 225 in labor.

The dealership did say that they had never pulled a door apart on a sky and mine would be the first. expected but still makes me nervous so I called pontiac and they have done 2 solstices. I may have pontiac do it rather than be the first for saturn.

anyone know of a place I can get the window on the cheap??? if so, PM me.

Looks like I'm going to have to put my mods on hold since I might just use that money to buy one of those fancy alarms that pages you when your car is disturbed. If I get a page..... I pity the fool

off to the garage to vacuum out all the glass. :banghead: :mad:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Very sorry to hear this USMC!!! :brentil: :mad: :banghead: :eek:

Darn them!!! :nono:

Regards,

BA...

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
That's terrible. Keep us informed how the repairs go.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Those sunsabishes!!!

I'm glad to hear they didn't damage or take anything else.

I hope they never mess with a Sky again! :nono:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
On my list of "must do's" is a two way alarm bubble system.

If someone even gets too close it will alert me. No system is fool proof, but it gives me six chances to nail them. :D

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Sorry to hear that...I dread the day!

I got tint so that might prevent some from trying as the glass won't shatter like yours did.

·
Registered
239 Posts
How horrible! Did you file a police report? Does insurance cover some of it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh, man, those pictures are heartbreakin' - I feel for you.
I hope they get what's coming to 'em - it's only a matter of time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
On my list of "must do's" is a two way alarm bubble system.

If someone even gets too close it will alert me. No system is fool proof, but it gives me six chances to nail them. :D
Does anyone know if there is an alarm system that works with our Onstar?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
There was this guy in Kansas City that had a motion alarm that even if someone got close it would say to leave the area.. and loud too. Does any body know what kind of alarm that might have been?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Of course, it's terrible to see this, but all in all at least they didnt get mad and trash the car.
You certainly hear stories of cars just torn all up cause there wasn't anything to take.
"There must be a pony"...

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Sorry about your Sky Man.. That realy sucks..They better hope we dont catch them!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Mine has an interior motion sensor that beeps the horn in three chirps if you get close, and goes into constant blaring horn if you start messing around in the cockpit. Works with the top up or down, and the side window in place or on the seat. Might be a real good investment for you - although a silent pager to release a furious Marine on the dirtbag would probably be better still.

If you're protecting your property I think you can claim self defense...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Geez. I wonder what priceless treasures they expected to find stored in such a small car.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the support!!

I just finished cleaning out all the glass and now I think I'll call insurance.
I initially wasn't going to cause it looked like it would fall under my deductible, but after closer inspection---

looks like as the glass fell into the car it scratched up my door panel, chrome handle and arm rest. It also looks like he put a number of scratches in the paint as he leaned in. :banghead:

normally I wouldn't care so much about a few scratches but this is a brand new sky!!!!! so I'm going to go ahead and file a claim and hope that they agree to replace all scratched parts.

as far as the scratches in the paint-- I think they can be polished out. I think I'd rather go that route if successfull over pushing to have the door repainted.
I have seen a few people on the sol forum who had parts painted and they never quite matched the rest of the car. This usually led into a huge battle with the insurance company on what was acceptable.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
silent pager to release a furious Marine on the dirtbag would probably be better still.

If you're protecting your property I think you can claim self defense...
man, it took me about 15 mins to calm down. the attendant kept about a 5 foot distance from me as he told me and as I inspected it for myself. then he walked away and didn't return for a bit.

I look back on it now and kinda laugh that he met me about 50ft from my car... and then kept distance as if I was going to blame him. wasn't his fault, he doesn't even start work till 6am so its unattended from when I park (5am) to when he arrives for work.

I think I like the silent pager idea.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dude I know how you feel. Had my 1994 Toyota MR2 broke into. Over $2500 in damages. :mad: They completely ripped the dash off and just basically trashed it. Insurance covered it but I still had to fork out a $250 deductible. To top it all off, all this happened while it was being worked on at the Toyota dealership. They did pay half my deductible, which I thought was about 1/2 right. Anyway, never gonna buy from them again....not naming names but it rhymes with TOYOTA OF GASTONIA, NORTH CAROLINA.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts