Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any new Red Line owners give a description. Hey Ernest, since you have both how would you describe the sound diff ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't say what the exhaust sounds like to a pedestrians ears, but it sure doesn't sound "powerful" when driving the car. What can you expect from a 2.0 litre engine. A V-8 it will never be.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Can any new Red Line owners give a description. Hey Ernest, since you have both how would you describe the sound diff ?
R/L has a quieter, deadlier sound to it. Not like the CAI on Serenity with the growl, but while Serenity sounds bad a** with her distinct growl, Mayhem has the quieter sound more like a base SKY without CAI, but she hold her own against a lot of foes, where Serenity can't.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
R/L has a quieter, deadlier sound to it. Not like the CAI on Serenity with the growl, but while Serenity sounds bad a** with her distinct growl, Mayhem has the quieter sound more like a base SKY without CAI, but she hold her own against a lot of foes, where Serenity can't.
It is funny, but that mirrors real life and people, doesn't? All of the folks I knew who were really competently lethal people (good cops, for example) didn't need tatoos, a holstered gun or a big mouth to proclaim their bad-assness. They could smile and never shift their weight when someone had to be made to get in a police car, and they would never raise their voices, or be ugly in the process. And when off duty, they looked and acted like sedate, calm, suburban-class folks. A car doesn't have to wake the dead to be fast. Just like those people who could really whip your booty don't necessarily stand out or go around doing it..I think muffler noise is overrated. If someone gauges the performance of Mayhem by her sound, Ernest can just grin. No need to get pulled over by troopers or make a scene, you just know it.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't say what the exhaust sounds like to a pedestrians ears, but it sure doesn't sound "powerful" when driving the car. What can you expect from a 2.0 litre engine. A V-8 it will never be.
Not true actually. I have a 2.0 boxer engine in my WRX and I have a catback from Autospeed Performance. Sounds just as mean as a V8, but mine revs to 7200 so I also get that great european tuned sound as well. Sounds very mean, all from a 2.0 L. I think engine and exhaust sound doesn't have as much to do with displacement as it does the shape and design of the intake and exhaust.

Here's a vid to tell you what I mean:
http://www.autospeedperformance.com/clips/ASPSU-ctbk_0002.wmv

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks jonnyfilmboy for the video........is that the same as flowmasters? Has anyone installed flowmaster on their SKY yet?

I love the clean sound of the stock but cant wait to install some flows.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sounds pretty good, but the question was about the stock exhaust sound. The Sky RL doesn't rev to 7200 either. I believe it tops out at 6K.

·
Registered
18,031 Posts
U R correct about the question..the stock muffler...but the aftermarket Magnaflow is the best sounding....just like a high end foreign car...just ask us...we have the real thing...and don't ask how it sounds..that is so subjective...we all hear sounds differently...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It is the quiet ones that are the more deadly ones!!!! Sleepers we used to call 'em:thumbs:

·
Registered
119 Posts
i fired mine up at the dealer last night and it starts with a quiet rumble sounds very serious . This is the first customer delivered redline in canada . today is bath day and tomorrow I pick it up. tell me how to post shots and il send some to all

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts