Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup - The 5th one. Looks like the mod meet fever has finally begun to spread across the country. We held our first meet in July 2007, 2nd in September 2007, 3rd in April 2008, 4th in October 2008 where DDM Works and JPM came as vendors.

So as more information becomes available. I'll post on the Kappa Performance and Solstice Forum (pm me if you need a link to it)

Date: Memorial Weekend May 22, 23, 24
Where: DeepBlueGXP's home "Joe's Garage".
Google Location --> Google Maps with address and contact info on link.
Time: TBD

Local Accommodations:
Bed and Breakfast Listing. Solomons Bed and Breakfasts
Hotels: Hotels - via google
Inns: Inns - via google

Eats in the area with in 4 miles: Mexico, Moes Southwest Bar and Grill, Ledos Pizza, KFC/Taco Bell, BK, McDonald's, CJ's bar and Grill, Roy Rodgers, Chicken house, China King, Jake & Als Chop house, Boomerangs Original Ribs.
(Solomons Island - crab, steak, seafood) Naughty Gull, The Captains Table, Catamarans, Stoneys, The Pier
Pizza Delivery: Donimos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut
Coffee: Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Fractured Prune

Drinks: I'll have plenty of bottled water.
Food: Saturday Pot luck, everyone is required to bring something, sign up for something on the list.
If you have a special need, i.e. vegetarian etc... you may want to bring it. (usually enough food left over to cover all day Sat and Sunday.)

Friday night is a pass the hat of possibly an outing. There is a great mexican place called Mexico I can reserve.

• Veggie Platters
  • Sandwich Platters
  • Chip and Dip
  • Sodas
  • Beer
  • Paper products (plates, cups, napkins, plastic ware)
  • Anyting else you can think of, everyone needs to pitch in...
Platters can be ordered with a 24 hour notice from our local
Food Lion 11760 Hg Trueman Rd, Lusby - (410) 326-9361

Mods we can help you with:
You don't have to be doing a mod to your car to come. All are welcome but please sign up. (mod meet 4 we had 7 cars show up that didn't sign up.)

Mod Meet Vendors
DDMWorks:
Dave and Randy

JPM
Joe and Alex

Solo Performance
GOINGSOLO2 - Steve

After lunch we can take a tour through the Ranch Club Circuit Run, photo opp at the beach (about 2 miles from my house) and stop at the Solomon's Island Famous Tiki Bar.

Directions for the electronically challenged (non GPS users) Coming from the I495/95 Beltway
Exit 11, Route 4 South (45 minutes south of beltway)
Left on Rt 497 (Cove Point Road)
Right on H.G. Truman (Next Light)
Left on Town Square (Next Light) and then follow the directions for the Ranch Club.

Coming from Virginia via 301.
Right on Rt 234 (After crossing Harry W Nice Br. approx 5 miles)
In 19 miles you will merge onto Rt 5, continue for 3 Miles
Left on Rt 4 (continue for 13 miles)
Right on Rousby Hall Road (Lusby Town Square Sign, traffic light)
Left on H.G. Truman (next light)
Right on Town Square (Next Light) and then follow the directions for the Ranch Club.

Ranch Club
Right at Gunsmoke (Stop Sign)
Continue 1.5 miles (twisty road, be careful, go past lake on left)
Left on 2nd stree past lake, then stay to the left (short gravel road :sorry:)
3rd house on the left.

Car wash stuff available.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Goddamn....I thought when I lived in LaPLata I was out in the boonies. Was that an outhouse I saw in the background?

·
Registered
410 Posts
:cheers: This is what its all about!! Joe and Dee your are the best, I always have a GREAT time at your house. I will be attending and will like to request the downstairs sleeping location near the bar:D This is going to be one holiday weekend to remember.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
probably will be at this meet... I'm not sure that i'd be modding anything though.. i wish the westers tune didn't void the warrenty :(

might need a detailing if i cant get the spider scratches/swirls out

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goddamn....I thought when I lived in LaPLata I was out in the boonies. Was that an outhouse I saw in the background?
:lol:

:cheers: This is what its all about!! Joe and Dee your are the best, I always have a GREAT time at your house. I will be attending and will like to request the downstairs sleeping location near the bar:D This is going to be one holiday weekend to remember.
Cool, always a pleasure to have you around.

probably will be at this meet... I'm not sure that i'd be modding anything though.. i wish the westers tune didn't void the warrenty :( might need a detailing if i cant get the spider scratches/swirls out
You don't have to be modding your car to come. We'll see what we can do with the swirls.

The dealer decided to buff my car once and swirled the whole thing. Look at the swirls on the top right of this hood (75% done)and the rest of the hood is clear.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
:lol:

Cool, always a pleasure to have you around.

You don't have to be modding your car to come. We'll see what we can do with the swirls.

The dealer decided to buff my car once and swirled the whole thing. Look at the swirls on the top right of this hood (75% done)and the rest of the hood is clear.
i believe mine are from the past owner or maybe the original dealer, washing it and the terrycloths and such... i might end up buying the complete buffering system by Adams anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was my car and it was detailed by Go-N Def with PoorBoys products and a porter cable buffer, now the detailing has been passed onto Dark Tech

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vendors DDM Works and JPM will be attending. Sign up threads for specials will be up soon!

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I will see what my work schedule looks like..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i can bring chips and dip and napkins and such, I probably will only be going for one day (saturday) since this is the weekend of my Birthday party

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yesterday I was called by the cabin owner that he may be leasing the cabin starting March 11th. This is not good news :( I won't had a specific answer for another 2 weeks. In the mean time I'm going to check to see if some of the members that live close may share a space. If I can't get the cabin for the week, I'll have to reserve the spots at my place for the vendors...

Hotel links are on the first post. I'll call around for pricing and see if I can get a group rate anywhere. If there are any retired military, the following two links are lodging for the nearby bases.
Dengle verified - no vacancies said:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
i can bring chips and dip and napkins and such, I probably will only be going for one day (saturday) since this is the weekend of my Birthday party
the pot luck is for Saturday only.

Normally the main section of the meet is on Saturday. The other days are for the extra work needed!!!

·
Vendor
692 Posts
Looking forward to this Joe! Should be a great time again. We will get some pricing up soon for everyone.

Thanks!
Dave

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I'll be coming down from PA.

I'll bring a Veggie Tray and crash at one of the local hotels.

I'm Looking to do the following
Vertical Doors
Backbone Brace
ProBeam
Powder Coated Cam/Valve Cover [White]
Powder Coated Coil Cover [Black]

I'm not to shabby with tools either.

Thanks for putting this together. I'm excited to meet everyone
:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I signed up over on the Solstice side. I can't wait! :D

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I was very excited, and I told my wife that there was another Mod Meet coming up. I told her the dates, and she told me "We have a wedding to go to!" Ugh! And there was some projects I wanted to get some help with. Maybe Joe will be kind enough to let me schedule some other time to receive his assistance.

-Jason

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
I was headed to Bike week in Myrtle Beach but I just canceled the reservations for S.C. and made reservations at Holiday Inn Select Solomons at the rate of $124 per night....

Could have got a rate of $117.99 but does not let you make a cancellations.

See you guys there:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool, adding you to the list. Can't wait to see your RL in person...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Yesterday I was called by the cabin owner that he may be leasing the cabin starting March 11th. This is not good news :( I won't had a specific answer for another 2 weeks. In the mean time I'm going to check to see if some of the members that live close may share a space. If I can't get the cabin for the week, I'll have to reserve the spots at my place for the vendors...

Hotel links are on the first post. I'll call around for pricing and see if I can get a group rate anywhere. If there are any retired military, the following two links are lodging for the nearby bases.
As a DoD Civilian, I would be eligible to rent some of this military lodging. I haven't checked availability, but lodging choices range from single bedroom apartments, to apartments, cottages and bungalows with multiple bedrooms.

It would make it more affordable for me if I were to get something with more bedrooms and share the cost with a few others. So if anyone is interested in splitting the cost of lodging at one of these Naval Bases, let me know.

I will check into availability later today or tomorrow and see which accomodations may be available for that weekend (they could be all booked up already, which would make this whole offer a moot point.)

1 - 20 of 163 Posts