Saturn Sky Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I'm finally recovered enough to post but it'll take about 2 days to recover from the sleep depervation. This was by far the best meet yet with arrivals on Thursday and JPM leaving about 4:30 on Monday. Thanks to all who came and made this a terrific meet. The food (especially the pulled pork) was great. The weekend went by so fast. Every night we worked to 2 or 3 am and Dee and I was up around 6 every morning.

JPM set up 2 sewing and a embroidery machine in the garage and a huge tabel out side (we later put an awning over it for shade). DDM took over the rest of the garage.

Fedex was given a huge cheer when they showed up on Friday. Goat's car was on jacks awaitingThe run on Saturday was hectic due to the Airshow going on at the base. The Ranch Club security was at the beach where the photo shoot was and he didn't want us to stop at all. He ended up allowing us to park for a shoot and then he directed as we took over the road, with parked cars on the side. All the beach onlookers for the airshow turned their cameras toward the cars. I saw many people posing and getting photos by the cars. We headed to the Tiki bar and about 15 minutes after getting there, the airshow started.

I told the Blue Angels not to take off until we arrived :lol:

We had a total of 42 cars show up for the weekend. 7 on Thu, 17 on Fri, 38 on Sat, 11 on Sun.

"Renee" was transformed this weekend. JPM finished yesterday and then I drove to ChuckDoc's place to show his work. Alex took photos of my design and the new dark blue alcantara (The material that Tammy was holding up. I asked JPM to order that color :) )with black diamond stitching and embroidery. Tonight I'll start a new thread on the Kappa Performance Forum with the photos.

I learned alot this weekend about interiors (airbags) from JPM (don't worry, I won't be making my own). Spiky3480 car had a gremlin in it that after all was said and done, with some strange aftermarket wiring, it was a fuse...

Steve, I'm glad I was able to donate part of my stock system to your setup. The CAI sounds great. Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey Joe (and Dee),
Again you both are AWESOME host/hostess...now you have to figure out if it was our pulled pork (on Saturday) or Lil' Goat's (not sure when it came out)....lol
Anyhow, if we get invited back in the fall we would be happy to make another batch and maybe (if Jeff gets to crabbing soon) a side of Maryland crab soup!!!!
Get some rest....you both deserve it!!!
Regards,
Jeff and Karen

·
Registered
564 Posts
They were both fantastic, thanks again. Off course you are invited...
Okay, sign us up!!! Tell Dee we are in for another batch of pulled pork, crab soup and if I am REALLY energetic pumpkin cream cheese rolls!!!:cheers:

Hey, Island Hopper still owes me a Skyy Vodka drink!!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Here is the fantastic work JPM did on my interior.
Very Nice, Joe and Alex do First Class work....I am expecting my center console any day, but no pictures will be posted :nono:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Whew! I thought it was the 3 Muskateer's!!!!:willy::lol:
Thought you were going Mormon:eek: at first glance but then saw the badges.

Looks like Steve has a little Captain in him. :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
looks like everyone had a good time.. I'm jealous I couldn't make it. I'll be there for the next one! I am also jealous of the white SKYs anyone wanna trade, I want a white SKY real bad :(

·
Registered
564 Posts
looks like everyone had a good time.. I'm jealous I couldn't make it. I'll be there for the next one! I am also jealous of the white SKYs anyone wanna trade, I want a white SKY real bad :([/QUOT

Then you need to talk to Island Hopper....he has TWO white Sky's....Beyonce is his RL (that's the one he had at Myrtle Brach and the Mod Meet) and I believe a white Roadster at home that will be his trade for the Camaro he has ordered....see, you can have two!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
haha yes! I just like white cuz of all my spider scratches.. although I do dream of brazen orange SKYs

·
Registered
564 Posts
My hubby LOVES the orange Sol's...Gxpsy Rose has a BEAUTIFUL Sol....in the sun that car just is the coolest color.....really pretty......

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its precisely the color i wanted on the SKY, I would have loved to do that orange with a gunmetal wheels/accents

·
Registered
564 Posts
Okay, you take your Sky to a Pontiac dealer and have them paint it....you have a black interior, right???? And, you would have an "Oriole" car!!!! Think of all the baseball promo's you could do!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
You live in MD
Why didn't you at least drop by for a couple of hrs on one day?
because I had my graduation/birthday party on Sunday and was planning on having to go in to VA on sunday morning anyway, I didn't feel like extra driving but now looking back at it, i kinda wish i did:banghead:

141 - 160 of 163 Posts