Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to the sales manager and they are still not taking orders and will not get any RL's until at least early '07. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Find you another dealer... We already have 12 RedLine Preliminary Orders and expect our 1st RedLine to arrive in late September / early October... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
SKY Spy said:
Find you another dealer... We already have 12 RedLine Preliminary Orders and expect our 1st RedLine to arrive in late September / early October... :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:
Same time frame my dealership is expecting.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
geerhed said:
Talked to the sales manager and they are still not taking orders and will not get any RL's until at least early '07. :banghead:
That however is not exactly true. Allocation Reports only show dealership allocations till the end of August. Your dealership wont know if they're not getting any RLs in 2006 until later this year.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Saturn MidWest Regional Director

At the July 15th Show in Downers Grove in q/a time answered this and others.
In public in front of many Forum members.

1. Redlines are being built now.
2. 40% of remain vins of 10000 will be Redlines.
between 1500-2000 for 2007 model year
3. Model year ends in December 2006 only 10000 made for model year.
4. January 1st begins 2008 model year
5. My Redline order is at 3000. I asked him what happened with first Solstices a test build using order and then being dropped back out to 2000. INFATIC NO. this is your car, and I will get you the to be produced date this week so you know when it is being built exactly.
6. Everyone owner at the Show seen the WorkBench order on my car at 3000
plus the many show attendees.
When asked about inside sources on net he said he is Saturn I decide who gets allocation and what orders are preferenced in this region.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I cant wait to see a RL.... i am so excited...... maybe EYE will let me drive his.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
276 Posts
geerhed said:
That dealer doesn't know up from down, right from left. Their sister dealership (same owner) in Vero Beach called me 10 days ago saying they had an open slot for a Red Line and I would get their first one. I had to decline the offer because I have a deposit on one that was ordered several weeks ago at a south FL dealership who doesn't add on $899 worth of wax and tint.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I think some of that info might be a little wrong. I believe the 2008MY wont be until plant switch over July 2007, and yes RedLines are being made but they're pre-production test cars. Production cars have no started being built yet. I wouldn't expect the plant to start making Production cars until August sometime I'm betting.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
brentil said:
I think some of that info might be a little wrong. I believe the 2008MY wont be until plant switch over July 2007, and yes RedLines are being made but they're pre-production test cars. Production cars have no started being built yet. I wouldn't expect the plant to start making Production cars until August sometime I'm betting.
:agree: :agree:

The ones in the plant are being shipped to the Ren Ctr and Warren Tech ctr in Michigan for GM exec. to test drive. And your right brentil, the last I heard was yesterday and they expect the GXP'S will start the middle of August as long as there are no quality issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts