Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
OK, so who has had a flat tire and how did you handle it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
My spare tire will be prominently displayed in the driver's seat while the vehicle is in motion!:D
Unfortunately, at 549 miles there was a screw in the right rear tire that caused the tire to go flat; the screw was in the curved part closer to the sidewall, so a repair was not possible. I jacked the car up in the garage, removed the tire myself, put it in the back of my Envoy, drove to the local Goodyear tire place and they, for a whopping $338 (FYI: the tire cost $295), put on a brand new tire for me. Put it back in the Envoy, came home and reinstalled the tire. Broke, but ready to drive it again :banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Unfortunately, at 549 miles there was a screw in the right rear tire that caused the tire to go flat; the screw was in the curved part closer to the sidewall, so a repair was not possible. I jacked the car up in the garage, removed the tire myself, put it in the back of my Envoy, drove to the local Goodyear tire place and they, for a whopping $338 (FYI: the tire cost $295), put on a brand new tire for me. Put it back in the Envoy, came home and reinstalled the tire. Broke, but ready to drive it again :banghead:
You may be due a rebate from the mfg -- same thing happened to me on a Saturn SC2 -- barely 1000 miles and they covered the tire cost!! Don't hurt to ask!

·
Registered
994 Posts
it may have worked on my rear tire but i don;t think it would seal a hole the size of a half dollar....
maybe some duct tape would help... LOL
Used on-star... it worked wonderful...
OUCH:mad: What did you hit? Looks like you damaged those pretty rims too.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Wave of the future

:cheers:
Flat, call OnStar unless its sitting in the garage, remove have it fixed and back on the road.
How many have seen the next newest thing the new rimless, airless tires from Michelin?
Maybe for just extra money someone makes a run flat tire like are currently on the 06 corvette, 100 miles at 55 no damage to the tires. That seems to be a good solution to have tires that would allow you to get home or at least to a nearby town and then fix or replace the tire. Need to check that out on tire rack and see if they are available could be a good choice when its time to replace the sky's tires.
:D

TulsaSky

·
Registered
107 Posts
I ordered my R/L on Aug 18. On Spet 3 I deceided to see how much weight I could loose between now and when I finally have it in my hands so the 'spare tire' issue becomes a 'thats hawt and the car looks good too' issue!

Starting weight 232. Gahhhh!:willy:

Thornus

21 - 26 of 26 Posts