Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are our emergency brakes REALLY that weak? I have had them looked at by my mechanic in the past and he said it was just the way it was. The slightest, SMALLEST grade means my car is gonna roll in neutral whether the emergency brake is pulled as far up as I can get it or it's completely down and released.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Mine seem to work properly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My parking brake is little weak too, I just haven't had anyone look at it yet. I always put it in first gear and pull the brake up when parking. Seams like it should be an easy fix though, can the cable be tightened?

·
Premium Member
4,190 Posts
The emergency brake has two adjustments. One is at the activating handle for cable length and the other is at the brake disk. The E brake can be a known issue if it is not maintained. The wheel components will freeze and not travel properly. The pucks need to be maintained to ensure they are moving freely.

·
Registered
499 Posts
99% of them can be fixed by taking the rear calipers off and winding (not direct compression) the pistons back into the bore. Adjust the cable under the console as necessary,but this will usually fix it.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My hand brake wasn't holding well. Had it looked at and it turned out to be one side cable was a bit tight, resulting in insufficient slack for the self adjusting feature to function. Equalizing both sides cured it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts