Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, we haven't been able to get as much information as some of you have posted, such as image date, TPW, event code, etc. But our salesman called Tuesday night and said we were assigned a Vin#. He did not have access to the number to give it to me. So what does the Vin# mean? When I got my RX-8, Mazda didn't assign the vin# until the car was on the assembly line being built. Is Saturn the same? Any speculation on how long it will be now?

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
The day I found out I moved to 3800 (built) was the day I got my vin#. I would think it is the same as Mazda. So you should be close!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
VIN = Good

You should be near or even built :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
MyMidnightSky said:
The day I found out I moved to 3800 (built) was the day I got my vin#. I would think it is the same as Mazda. So you should be close!
Where are you? Please let me know when you get your car as mine should be right behind her.

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been waiting a month now. As far as I can tell it's still sitting at the plant. I am getting frustrated at this point.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
frednorris said:
I have been waiting a month now. As far as I can tell it's still sitting at the plant. I am getting frustrated at this point.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hey Fred...our build dates are very close to each other...I would gather a guess that your car is probably sitting at the railyard closest to your location...just like mine is. Dealer says my car has been sitting at the railyard since 6/20 awaiting transport on a car hauler. :banghead: And yes, I concur with you that it is frustrating...especially with the car being so close (about 25 miles away) and not being able to take possession of it. :mad:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
duke15 said:
As some of you know, we haven't been able to get as much information as some of you have posted, such as image date, TPW, event code, etc. But our salesman called Tuesday night and said we were assigned a Vin#. He did not have access to the number to give it to me. So what does the Vin# mean? When I got my RX-8, Mazda didn't assign the vin# until the car was on the assembly line being built. Is Saturn the same? Any speculation on how long it will be now?

Thanks!
If you have a vin number your car is built. You live in DC so you should have your car within 1/2 week's I would say. And before anybody say's company shut down, they ship during shutdown.

·
Registered
151 Posts
CdnSkyGuy said:
Where are you? Please let me know when you get your car as mine should be right behind her.

Thanks
I am in northeast Louisiana (Monroe). Honey, when my car comes in the whole world is going to know! I have a hard time containing my excitement. I'll be sure and let you know.

·
Registered
308 Posts
nscrbug said:
Hey Fred...our build dates are very close to each other...I would gather a guess that your car is probably sitting at the railyard closest to your location...just like mine is. Dealer says my car has been sitting at the railyard since 6/20 awaiting transport on a car hauler. :banghead: And yes, I concur with you that it is frustrating...especially with the car being so close (about 25 miles away) and not being able to take possession of it. :mad:

well mine is still sitting at the railyard sence the 8th and i was told this morning that they do not know when it will be shipped because they are waiting for a few more cars to come through production before they ship it because they need more to fill the rail car. it has been sitting there now for 22 days and holding
:mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
deluke said:
If you have a vin number your car is built. You live in DC so you should have your car within 1/2 week's I would say. And before anybody say's company shut down, they ship during shutdown.

My thanks to everyone with a guess - some how it helps to keep us more sane...

I hope deluke is right - and just to add some credibility to deluke's guess, we are going out of town on July 7th to return the 15th - so if it is about to be delivered, I am sure it will be then!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We got an update on Friday (June 30th) - Our salesman called and said that our car shipped. It shouldn't be long now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts