Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to our local Murray's auto place and some gal that shows cars put me into the cleaning mode. Here's what she recommended for me. I bought Mothers Car wash, Mothers Sealer and Glaze, Mothers Reflections advanced car wax, Mothers Endurance High Gloss Tire Protectant Gel,, a microfiber ultra mitt, microfiber drying towel, 12 microfiber non-scratch cloths, and two tire swipes from eagle one! NO buckets or wheel cleaner yet...need to find out what type of chome wheels we have.

Hey call me a sucker, but I never washed my truck by hand...only in a car wash! But this time I'm doing it by myself! I hope I have enough stuff..but I'm sure I will be back for more.

ANY OTHER TIPS FOR US NEWBIES!!!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
California Dusters, car cover, tire black, bug and tar remover, can of elbow grease...:lol: :willy: :jester:

·
Registered
17 Posts
You want the best car polish/finish. Do some research on Zaino. The best I have ever used and will beat the competition in independent studies.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
At least if you wash a car by hand, you get to wash a little one. Makes it more fun.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Another vote for Zaino. After the first coat is on, the rest (maintenance applications) are a whole lot easier to apply. Not that the first is terrible, but the rest go real fast. Just follow the directions.

Also, go to http://www.haartz.com/Consumer_Info/Consumer_Info_Main_Page.htm
They are supposed to be the folks that manufacture the CLOTH top on the SKY.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Solstice forum has some excellent (very detailed) posts on this subject from one of the vendors.

·
Registered
802 Posts
nyyankee said:
You want the best car polish/finish. Do some research on Zaino. The best I have ever used and will beat the competition in independent studies.
Yep NY, California agrees..been using it a couple of years now..excellent! I've got to get some new clay bars (wish they were a little cheaper). If you drop them once you have to throw them away..Super Stuff!

·
Registered
115 Posts
With my last convertible (Volvo C70), I always had a large cotton bath towel (for use on large areas--also great for water splash, so long as you wipe it off as soon as you're parked). I also had 3 microfiber towels (one for the window, one for polishing outside, and one for use on the inside upholstery).

As far as wax, I found I preferred good ole Turtle Wax Express Shine Spray. It's so convenient.....spray one, wipe off, lustrous shine....especially on metallic finishes, which my car was). Some spray cleaner for your rims, some tire black, an application sponge, some streak free Windex, and some leather upholstery protectant and you're good to go.

The problem, like most Sky owners will be where to store all that stuff in the car.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Buy 303 Aerospace Protectant--WORKS GREAT!! I use it on my exterior plastic all over my XTERRA & inside on the hard plastic dash, rubber door seals and any other plastic I can find. It leaves NO wet/sticky residue, resist dust, serious UV protections and does not change plastic color like Armor All. I love it!!
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
Buy 303 Aerospace Protectant--WORKS GREAT!! I use it on my exterior plastic all over my XTERRA & inside on the hard plastic dash, rubber door seals and any other plastic I can find. It leaves NO wet/sticky residue, resist dust, serious UV protections and does not change plastic color like Armor All. I love it!!
http://www.303products.com/main.php?infopage=protectant
Doe's it make the seat slippery like ArmorAll? Where do you get it? Thanks!

·
Registered
326 Posts
eldeeko said:
Doe's it make the seat slippery like ArmorAll? Where do you get it? Thanks!
I buy the 303 from www.detailersparadise.com

Plus: Raggtopp cleaner, Raggtop protectant, Microfiber towels, OXO Soft ragtop brush (which almost everywhere else is out of stock)

That is what so cool about this stuff...no slick/slippery/sticky mess. Surprised me the first few times I used it. I hate Armor All and the dirt it attracts. I even use 303 on my steering wheel and works great. I have a leather driver seat in my Xterra (aftermarket install) and have always used leather cleaner followed by leather conditioner to keep the PH level correct etc, but I've lately been just spraying & wiping with the 303 and it seems to have the same results. I put it on the entire plastic door panels, the vinyle cargo cover (after washing all my Golden Retriever's hair off) and works beautiful.

·
Registered
198 Posts
nyyankee said:
Wow! I checked this stuff out. Looks like a winner. The photos speak for themselves! Looks like I'm going to try this out for sure! Thanks!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts