Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had splash gaurds on a vehicle. Do they really make a big difference keeping grime off side of car. Are most of you adding this option?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
scbulldog said:
I've never had splash gaurds on a vehicle. Do they really make a big difference keeping grime off side of car. Are most of you adding this option?
I'm less concerned about a little bit of mud and grime than I am by pebbles and other small pieces of road debris chipping the paint behind the wheels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
ggccg said:
I'm less concerned about a little bit of mud and grime than I am by pebbles and other small pieces of road debris chipping the paint behind the wheels.
:agree:
I put them on mine. I have noticed a difference with less grime from the roads after a rain.
:cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,686 Posts
MikeB said:
:agree:
I put them on mine. I have noticed a difference with less grime from the roads after a rain.
:cheers:
:agree: YES

These are a must have item for all the dirt, grime, and pebbles. :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
do they look okay? i never seen them on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
Check out this thread (mine) on installing them
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6918&highlight=splash+guards
I put them on because besides the advantage of keeping dirt off the sides of the car (rear especially) -- and I am not just talking water/mud -- just dry street grime gets thrown onto the sides. They also will help in keeping the pebbles at stuff from chipping...

The pictures will show before/after and also that I put silicone into the creases to seal them and not allow dirty water to seep through as happens with many other guards. The Saturn made ones are very nice and blend right in!
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
3,491 Posts
I can live without them on my Silver Pearl, but on the Black Red Line? A MUST HAVE. I constantly kick up little water splashy marks on the doors, and the water spotting looks bad on the 'Pearl but it would look horrendous on Black...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
:agree: This will be the first accessory added (by dealer) before I even drive it home.:thumbs: I've had black vehicles before... high maintenance cleaning, so every little bit helps... I will probably add the silicon seal after I get it home. Good idea, Rick Tinley Park. "Black is beautiful" ... but a lot of work.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
388 Posts
Ours came with the car so I don't know the before and after difference. I do know that I don't get "water splashy marks" on the door. I do get a few water marks behind the wheels, so it doesn't completely stop it. I thought mud guards would look like trucker mudflaps, but these are small and blend in nicely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
574 Posts
Yup! I think they make a difference!

marklynn70 said:
:agree: YES

These are a must have item for all the dirt, grime, and pebbles. :thumbs:
And hey... if they only prevent one good rock chip along the sides...then...well worth it! :thumbs:
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top