Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stop at the local Saturn dealer today, he had a set of splash Guards for a Sky. I looked them over. They were made from flexible hard plastic that does give some. Not real big but i think they would help. My car is coming in late tonight so they are holding them for me until Saturday morning when i pick it up. They wanted $110 plus tax. I mentioned i heard of a dealer selling them for $89 on the internet, He says he is making only 1% if he sells them at $89. So where can i get them for $ 89 ??? If i decide not to pay the $110

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Stop at the local Saturn dealer today, he had a set of splash Guards for a Sky. I looked them over. They were made from flexible hard plastic that does give some. Not real big but i think they would help. My car is coming in late tonight so they are holding them for me until Saturday morning when i pick it up. They wanted $110 plus tax. I mentioned i heard of a dealer selling them for $89 on the internet, He says he is making only 1% if he sells them at $89. So where can i get them for $ 89 ??? If i decide not to pay the $110
No where now, the lowest price now is $98.95 or $120 (free shipping)--that its--The $89 guards are history (for the moment) This is the same dealer that was selling them for 89--Now is (98.95---PLUS shipping--)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
No where now, the lowest price now is $98.95 or $120 (free shipping)--that its--The $89 guards are history (for the moment) This is the same dealer that was selling them for 89--Now is (98.95---PLUS shipping--)
Yep I just saw that price change myself!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
They wanted $110 plus tax. I mentioned i heard of a dealer selling them for $89 on the internet, He says he is making only 1% if he sells them at $89. So where can i get them for $ 89 ??? If i decide not to pay the $110
Did you decide to pay the $110? Did that include installation?

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
My wife's Acura has some that are body color matched and contoured to look like part of the wheel well. Has anyone seen anything like this for the Sky? The ones from Saturn look like just mudflaps to me.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
My wife's Acura has some that are body color matched and contoured to look like part of the wheel well. Has anyone seen anything like this for the Sky? The ones from Saturn look like just mudflaps to me.
The ones for the SKY are moulded to fit the body -- but are black only

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The ones for the SKY are moulded to fit the body -- but are black only
Rick I know that they are offering the GM Molded splash guards for the Solstice in 6 different colors now. I wonder if it's the same with the Sky ? I would think yes but I don't really know.

The New colors are :

Black, Dark Ming, Dark Tanished Silver, Light Tarnished Silver and Victory Red.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Mud flaps

I just ordered 2 pair of mud flaps for $4.47 a pair. I can not even concieve of paying $80 to $120 :nono:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I just ordered 2 pair of mud flaps for $4.47 a pair. I can not even concieve of paying $80 to $120 :nono:
Sorry but mud flaps don't give protection like the molded splash guards that's why the are 4.47. You will still get paint chips with the mudflaps. The are made for mud and dirt not rocks like the splash guards.:nono: :nono:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hmm, If they painted it for the SOL--I wonder----hmmm:confused: for the Sky? maybe? soon? midnite blue please?

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Hmm, If they painted it for the SOL--I wonder----hmmm:confused: for the Sky? maybe? soon? midnite blue please?
I just got the 2007 Pontiac Accessory Book this past week. maybe Sky Spy can give a little input here. I would think if they have more colors for the Solstice they just might have the same colors for the sky.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
I just got the 2007 Pontiac Accessory Book this past week. maybe Sky Spy can give a little input here. I would think if they have more colors for the Solstice they just might have the same colors for the sky.
Wow, and I was ready to pull the trigger on the blackies--I think I'll wait a bit see what shakes out--(Why do I think i'll end with blackies anyway?)-:nono: :nono: :nono: I'll think positive!1:willy: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Wow, and I was ready to pull the trigger on the blackies--I think I'll wait a bit see what shakes out--(Why do I think i'll end with blackies anyway?)-:nono: :nono: :nono: I'll think positive!1:willy: :cool: :cheers:
There was a Solstice that took the black ones and painted them red to match his car. They looked sharp.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Rick I know that they are offering the GM Molded splash guards for the Solstice in 6 different colors now. I wonder if it's the same with the Sky ? I would think yes but I don't really know.

The New colors are :

Black, Dark Ming, Dark Tanished Silver, Light Tarnished Silver and Victory Red.
It may very well be -- but since I have mine -- I kinda stopped looking :lol:
The black look fine -- they just dissapear

·
Registered
59 Posts
Boutght my guards saturday, just happy I don't have to wash the road spray off so much, for 103 bucks I consider it a deal:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Small Dealer just said GM said they will be available in the 4th Quarter. But didn't state a exact date.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Black splash guards ought to look great on the yellow and red skies. With my black sky it was a no brainer. Love em.
Pulpem.
onyx with black and red int.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Anybody got a PART NUMBER so they can be ordered online????

Thanks,

HoldHard

·
Registered
991 Posts
I got the black ones too. They go well with the Midnite blue and the black top and moldings. Also, They are designed to stop the stones and "stuff" so I figured if they were painted, I would be repainting them a couple of times a year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts