Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seriously contemplating making some glass parts for sale, n
Norm'S is one of few options and long wait times.. I modified my front lip, added 3/4" to the height of the factory spoiler, made a custom more appropriate sized shark fin antenna, fixed all the cracks and opened up the vents in the quarter panels and made a gauge pod for the dash. Don't really like the look of the skirts on the sky or I probably would have made those a well..
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light Tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel
Car Vehicle Gear shift Steering part Automotive design

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
I have been seriously contemplating making some glass parts for sale, n
Norm'S is one of few options and long wait times.. I modified my front lip, added 3/4" to the height of the factory spoiler, made a custom more appropriate sized shark fin antenna, fixed all the cracks and opened up the vents in the quarter panels and made a gauge pod for the dash. Don't really like the look of the skirts on the sky or I probably would have made those a well..
I moved this into its own thread.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure why my reply to the spoiler thread got its own recognition..
I built boats for over 20 year so I'm not afraid to "modify" almost anyhing.. I tried a spacer at first but looked cheap. I added a piece of 3/4 "starboard " to the bottom, glassed and shape it and added some sleeves and threaded rod so it still uses factory holes..
I am very happy with how it came out...
I like that it still looks stock but a little more "racey"

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! Would be hard to have someone ship it and have holes in their trunk while I have it.
Matching my green was a nightmare as well, the non metallic colors aren't quite as bad .. ideally make a mold for the whole spoiler so they could be sent out primed

·
Registered
403 Posts
Thanks! Would be hard to have someone ship it and have holes in their trunk while I have it.
Matching my green was a nightmare as well, the non metallic colors aren't quite as bad .. ideally make a mold for the whole spoiler so they could be sent out primed
Or some of us that do not yet have a spoiler....... Are patient individuals.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I agree in that "Green Machine's" rear spoiler mod is quite nice. Unlike massive aftermarket spoilers made of flat stock sitting high in the air, I could consider his work to be a styling improvement.

But...because of the unique twin humps, I personally prefer no spoiler to help those humps stand out better. But without a rear spoiler, the tiny rubber antenna looks silly on that huge flat surface. So I replaced it with a Shark style.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

It is surely a matter of personal preference. I do like the rear spoiler, and also Green Machine's modification of it. If I had either one on my Sky to start with, I would be very happy with my Sky. But as it goes, I am very happy without a rear spoiler.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The aftermarket shark fin does look way better than the thing they pulled of a shelf and stuck in the middle of the trunk.. since "moms car" had the spoiler the aftermarket one looked to big.. if I had modified the spoiler before the radio upgrade the "bigger " fin might have loke more in scale..
I have tried to keep the mod's subtle to a certain extent.. the car is obviously not stock anymore but not "in your face" ....

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with you on drilling holes in the trunk.... if I didn't already have the factory spoiler I would be very hesitant to put one on..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
@Green Machine Very nice! As you probably know the Kappa world is very HUNGRY for an alternate custom fiberglass parts vendors. If you ever decide you want to start producing parts, and depending on what you design, I have no doubt you'd be very successful in finding Sky & Solstice customers. Personally I like subtle designs, or OEM parts that look a little "extra" as the kids would say.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts