Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I am sure this has come up before, but I am having difficulty deciding on getting a spoiler or not getting a spoiler. I think the spoiler looks better with the top up, but better with no spoiler top down. Maybe this is because I haven't seen many non-spoilers with the tops up? Can anyone post some good photos of the top up with no spoiler? What do you guys think and why? Thanks for the help, I am 1st on the redline list in Greensboro, NC and I want to have this decision made so that I can order the RL as soon as they begin taking orders.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here goes. One up and one down without spoiler.
:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think the aftermarket will soon tempt us with far cooler spoilers than Saturns version. Just wait.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Be Careful

There's already one out there but it's really made for the Solstice. Its 48" long and therefore 12" longer than the SKY factory one. It's also shaped different. The vendor claims it will fit a SKY BUT, :nono: I dispute that. The trunk/tailight configuration for the Sky and Solstice are different. It's being marketed as a Solstice/Sky spoiler by an aftermarket shop from California.
:cheers:]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great photos! Thank guys! Does anyone have any silver with top up and down for w/spoiler and w/o spoiler? This is really helping.....it is difficult to decide on whether to put the spoiler on a vehicle that has such a wonderful w/o spoiler design.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not silver, but here is blue, no spoiler, top up and down taken from same angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I went with no spoiler as it seemed to fullfill its name when covering the areofairings complete line.... I did not "Spoil" my car

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OIS, that looks hot without the spoiler......the dark color almost looks better with the top up then the silver...thanks for the help guys! ..anyone else? :thumbs:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Convertible

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Saturn sky
Nemesis said:
Great photos! Thank guys! Does anyone have any silver with top up and down for w/spoiler and w/o spoiler? This is really helping.....it is difficult to decide on whether to put the spoiler on a vehicle that has such a wonderful w/o spoiler design.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
623 Posts
I say order without, then go to the dealer and see if they have the accessory ones you can always have it paint matched before you install it (in case you decide you want one later). Saturn has the Paint codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get The Spoiler!

I got my Sky yesterday (Oakland, CA) WITH the spoiler. It really is a great add-on. It's subtle...not gaudy and obnoxious. Very cool. I highly recommend it. And I love my color. Graphite silver...not too flashy, just classy.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Convertible Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car

·
Registered
308 Posts
Get it!

I would definitely get the spoiler. It is not too wide and is nicely integrated with the lines of the trunk. A wider aftermarket spoiler will look stuck on in my opinion. It also helps to hide the on star antenna. From the side view it looks more aggressive to me with a higher tail end. It flows.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can't thank you guys enough, this was SO helpful. The "decision-maker" for me was comparing the avatar for HOTSKY and the blu picture offered by SkyHi. That blue photo of the silver sky with the spoiler is HOT! Thanks again for showing me awesome photos like Barry's rear silver shots. If this car wasn't great looking both ways, this wouldn't have been so difficult. Thanks again to all those that helped!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry....

Sorry about the last post. I was so excited about making the decision that I didn't even post it! I am going WITH the spoiler!

THANKS!!!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ARZOMAN,

Are those cloth seats? They look good! I don't think anyone has posted cloth seat photos before. Can you gat a closer shot of the cloth? What do you think of the durability and comfort. I love the leather, but I had cloth in my last two seater and it was great for hot days and cold days where as the leather will be scorching hot on hot days and freezing cold on cold days....It was also said that the embroidery on the seat backs of the redine would not show up on the cloth seats(I don't think my seats need to say "SKY", I like subtlty in badging):D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nemesis,
although real-world data will not be available for a while (obviously), the first SKY I had in the showroom had the cloth seats and they appeared quite hardy and heavy-duty to withstand the sun and were plenty comfortable to sit in. Of course, without the leather you also lose the steering wheel controls and leather wrap there as well :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts