Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going back and forth about whether to get one or not. typically i love spoilers on cars and think they look silly without them...however i fell for the rl before i even knew one was an option and have yet to actually see it in person with one so i'm in a bit of a tossup. what do you all think, to spoiler or not to spoiler?

·
Registered
540 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
I am going back and forth about whether to get one or not. typically i love spoilers on cars and think they look silly without them...however i fell for the rl before i even knew one was an option and have yet to actually see it in person with one so i'm in a bit of a tossup. what do you all think, to spoiler or not to spoiler?
I have always loved a spoiler, but for some reason I dont just "love" the factory spoiler on the Sky ??? I think it doesnt really go with the lines of the car. Just my opinion but it is the only option I am not getting.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I was against it at first...but then saw pictures of the factory one and it just grew on me. To the point that I ordered it. I saw it on a yellow Sky and I thought it looked great!:thumbs:

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's a personal opinion. The people that have em like em. The people who don't, don't care. Originly I ordered one. It didn,t work out and I don't miss it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
no spoiler on the Sky for me, thank you.

I think the look of the rear looks cleaner & less busy without the spoiler to disrupt it's smooth lines.

If you want the spoiler purely for cosmetic/appearance reasons then I say go for it.
I'm sure the aftermarket will make some different looking spoiler besides the one offered by the factory if you prefer that. (just hope I don't see a Sky on the streets with one of them huge aluminum shopping cart wings one day, lol)

For all practical purposes though, a spoiler won't come in handy unless you're frequently going over 100 mph. That's when the extra downforce created by the spoiler will come into play.
At slower speeds it can actually create extra drag of the airflow around the vehicle.

So it's all a matter of taste, go with what you like...either with or without "wings", you'll still be flying high in the Sky. :)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I may go for the big Kappa luggage rack when it comes out... If I do, then the spoiler would just get in the way of putting bags up there. I was afraid that I would hate the spoiler so I didn't order it when I got my SKY because I had never seen one. But now that I have, it's pretty non-offensive when it comes to looks so that's not an issue at all. It really comes down to personal taste.

As for me, since I didn't really like it and I didn't really hate it, I figured no sense in paying for it and then have it potentially conflict with the luggage rack.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
ineedmorebotox said:
I have always loved a spoiler, but for some reason I dont just "love" the factory spoiler on the Sky ??? I think it doesnt really go with the lines of the car. Just my opinion but it is the only option I am not getting.

:agree:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I'm going with the spoiler because when i see it on the sky, for me it tones down the giant rear end a bit.

·
Registered
820 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:

I had thi issue already. Funny thing is, I have seen both in person. The spoiler looks great when the top is up, and kinda tacked on when the top is down. The car looks great without a spoiler whe the top is down, but the rear slopes down when the top is up. I originally decided to go with the spoiler, but have since put in the order without a spoiler. I didn't want the car to look like it needed add-ons. See my thread, it loks good both ways, I finally decided to go without....

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4562

·
Registered
15 Posts
is there a difference between the spoiler under accesories versus the spoiler when your in the options?
ive noticed a price difference but cant see the difference in design due to the small image

·
Registered
820 Posts
WAFB33 said:
is there a difference between the spoiler under accesories versus the spoiler when your in the options?
ive noticed a price difference but cant see the difference in design due to the small image
No difference.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
MattBrenner03 said:
Function = form --- Spolier on a street car? No function -- no spoiler

·
Registered
88 Posts
When your rear end is this good looking, you don't hide it! If the back end of the Sky even closely resembled that of the Crossfire...then I would hide it with a triple element rear wing AND a spoiler! In my opinion, the Sky is perfect without it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Even though my dealer yelled at me for it... no spoiler for me it looks very FLUID without one...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ditto here!!

Pitcom said:
I'm going with the spoiler because when i see it on the sky, for me it tones down the giant rear end a bit.
I was a little worried when I first ordered it. But, now that I see it on my car, I really like it. I think it adds to the rear of the car quiet nicely. IMO.
Terry

·
Registered
77 Posts
OK Question . . . As I wait for my baby. . . . My question is ... ahhhh humm I thought the antenna was in the windshd..... ? So where is it? cuz the pics dont show it ... also how much is the stubby one? any pics?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
BrnzMistic said:
OK Question . . . As I wait for my baby. . . . My question is ... ahhhh humm I thought the antenna was in the windshd..... ? So where is it? cuz the pics dont show it ... also how much is the stubby one? any pics?
Sticking straight up to the right side, back of your passenger (about 6 inches outside the roof).
Replacement, stubbies from 7.99 to 20.00.... Search Stubby Antenna, and I bet you'll finds lots right here on site

1 - 20 of 24 Posts