Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sky Looks better with Spoiler: Yes or No?

• Yes

Votes: 48 45.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 54.7%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot decide for the life of me whether to get a spoiler or not. Typically I am pro-spoiler, on almost every car....but I just can't decide on this one. Originally I thought no because it took away from the looks of the humps and seemed too cluttered on the back end. But now I'm thinking it might need some extra umph in the back? What do you all think? Should I Get one or not? also please realize this is strictly for cosmetics as I will not be racing and don't care about the benefits of it for that purpose.

Additionally pics with and without of different angles would be appreciated. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it:thumbs: . I wish i wasn't so darn indecisive:banghead:

-Brenner

·
Registered
108 Posts
My car is still at the dealer waiting on the gasket but here are a couple of pictures when it came off the truck. I really like the look of the spoiler.

YedraSky

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
I cannot decide for the life of me whether to get a spoiler or not. Typically I am pro-spoiler, on almost every car....but I just can't decide on this one. Originally I thought no because it took away from the looks of the humps and seemed too cluttered on the back end. But now I'm thinking it might need some extra umph in the back? What do you all think? Should I Get one or not? also please realize this is strictly for cosmetics as I will not be racing and don't care about the benefits of it for that purpose.

Additionally pics with and without of different angles would be appreciated. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it:thumbs: . I wish i wasn't so darn indecisive:banghead:

-Brenner
With or without the SKY looks great either way.
You can always get it without and then add it later.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was not going to get spoiler at first, but I'm glad I did.
Adds a little extra to the back. Check out photos in My Gallery.

·
Registered
444 Posts

-Brenner
My Sky does not have it. Having seen others running around with them, I really wished I would have ordered it with one.

Having said this, my Sky RL has been ordered with one!

Go for the spoiler!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
I was not going to get spoiler at first, but I'm glad I did.
Adds a little extra to the back. Check out photos in My Gallery.
TX-sky... where ya been hiding?

Thats exactly what I ordered for my Redline... Green, tan and a spoiler. (actually, I had asked to have spoiler taken off the order, and when I just looked at order I saw it still there.. so i said... Ahh leave it on)

Great pics!

What's everyone say about the Green? Are you happy with the green?

·
Registered
243 Posts
To spoil, or not to spoil??

Like many others, original idea was to NOT add the spoiler - thought it "spoiled" (excuse the pun) the rear lines of the car. But, as soon as I saw one installed, I quickly changed my mind. It's on my base and it will be on my RedLine... :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Thought about it. Decided not to (form to function) and after seeing it am very happy that I wnet without it. For me the spoiler lives up to it name when installed.

·
First 2000 Senior Member
635 Posts
Nahhh

Some cars have to have it or they look plain (Mustang) and some look way better without it ('Vette). The Sky falls in category #2. Spoilers are like my high school English teacher used to say about commas--when in doubt, leave it out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
As many have already said, the car works either way. Personally I prefer without and figured I might as well spend the money on mods that are more exciting to me.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I vote YES on the spoiler.

The main question I get on it is, "Does it interfere with your view out the rear window?" The answer is absolutely not. With the top up you can't even see the spoiler in the rear view mirror. Top down, you look right over it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am one to think that add ons tend to take away from the original design of the car... in this case, I fell in love with the Sky the way it was... If youdecide to go with a spoiler, remember if you don;t like it later... you will have holes in your trunk.

·
Registered
72 Posts
After seeing it with the spoiler, I really wish we'd ordered one... Had the dealer shown it to us, we'd have had it installed. The car is awesome without it too, don't get me wrong :D

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The "spoiler", is nice but not the look I am looking for. Sleek, and I want something easy to clean, and wax around especially with the color black!............................but I am still waiting...:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Cast my vote for no spoiler. I think it is all personal preference though. I like the sleek black no spoiler look, for someone else that is all wrong and they might like a bright yellow w/ spoiler. The main thing to remember though is that if you order it with it, and decide you don't like it, you are stuck with the holes in the trunk. Even just for that reason alone, I would go without and then decide if you want to add it on later...

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I like the Sky without. But that's just me. If you like it, get it.:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didn't care for the spoiler and didn't order one on my Sky. However, after seeing AggieSky's car in person last weekend, I think they look good after all. But, I'm not changing my order because I've had two Mustangs with spoilers, and each time I washed and dried them (always handwashed--they were convertibles) I would get annoyed with the water that kept dripping out after I had just dried that area. That's a pretty trivial reason, but enough to keep me spoiler-less.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts