Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after reading the boards this morning and being shocked that they are already at dealerships I spotted one on the road home from work. Black on black. Standard license plates (not dealer plates). Looks like they are being sold in Canada now!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thet aren't being released in Canada till May 11 the car was american or a dealer manager special all saturn managers are getting to sneak preview the cars this week in different parts of canada but no public is invited its closed doors only..

·
Registered
131 Posts
didn't see a SKY

rikramer said:
Well after reading the boards this morning and being shocked that they are already at dealerships I spotted one on the road home from work. Black on black. Standard license plates (not dealer plates). Looks like they are being sold in Canada now!

You saw a SOL, the SKY is pohibitted in Canada until May 11th as per Saturn Of Canada, unless the car belonged to an American citizen who already picked up their car in the southern states that have already received them. Chances of that......highly unlikely they would want to put all thos km's on it.

Thanks for trying to keep us optimistic though we CDN's do appreciate it!

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Chloe said:

You saw a SOL, the SKY is pohibitted in Canada until May 11th as per Saturn Of Canada, unless the car belonged to an American citizen who already picked up their car in the southern states that have already received them. Chances of that......highly unlikely they would want to put all thos km's on it.

:thumbs: I'm optimistic:banghead: :banghead: :willy: :thumbs:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I have to doubt it to. But unless you got just a very quick glance at it and you've never seen a Solstice in person, I would think (hope) it would be hard ton confuse the two.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Know What I Saw!!! It Was Not A Sostice. Ive Been Following This Car For A Long Time. It Was A Black Saturn Sky And I Saw It At Leslie And Steeles Yesterday At Around 6pm. I Was Right Beside It At A Light. And It Did Not Have Dealer Plates On It. Think What You Want. Look At My Joined Date. I Believe I Was Actually The First Member On This Forum. I Know The Difference Between These 2 Cars. Thanks Though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chloe said:

"prohibited", eh? thats interesting. Who is "prohibiting" this? the government? saturn? Interesting word choice. And it had canadian plates so it wasnt someone from buffalo or michigan.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
She had Canadian plates? Ontario? I wonder if it's a dealer demo. Is there a dealership near where you saw it? We may have to wonder over there.

I have to assume the car is promotional. I wonder if they are getting ready to do commercials in the Toronto area or something. Maybe someone bought it in the US and has brought it up here. Who knows. Thanks for the info though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, Ontario Plates. There was a women in the passenger seet. Couldnt see the driver since it sits so low and the roof was blocking my view. I don't believe there is a dealership near by but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rikramer said:
Yeah, Ontario Plates. There was a women in the passenger seet. Couldnt see the driver since it sits so low and the roof was blocking my view. I don't believe there is a dealership near by but I could be mistaken.
OK Rikramer -- your job? Follow that SKY and solve this Canadian SKy (sounds kinda nice!) Sighting:cheers:

·
Registered
389 Posts
LOL, I hear the theme music to Mission Impossible playing in the background. Oh and by the way this post will self-destruct in 5 minutes. :lol:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rikramer said:
I Know What I Saw!!! It Was Not A Sostice. Ive Been Following This Car For A Long Time. It Was A Black Saturn Sky And I Saw It At Leslie And Steeles Yesterday At Around 6pm. I Was Right Beside It At A Light. And It Did Not Have Dealer Plates On It. Think What You Want. Look At My Joined Date. I Believe I Was Actually The First Member On This Forum. I Know The Difference Between These 2 Cars. Thanks Though.
Uhem,:cheers:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I do not doubt that you saw a Sky...however, noone in Canada owns one yet. There were rumors of a GM Big Dog driving one around Calgary for a week before the auto show. What I can say with 100% certainty is that it is not a privately owned vehicle and it is not a dealer demo as the US folks know it...you could not go to the store and test drive it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hate to break it to you!

I just called the promotional rep from Saturn Of Canada who is a very close friend of my mum & was told to rest assure that you were mistaken & it was not a SKY & had to be a SOL as there is NOT a Sky being released into Canada until the 11th of May. Only other thing he could think of is that if someone bought the car in the states & resides now in Canada???????????

I think were all so excited now were turning delusional !:lol: :lol:

rikramer said:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Chloe said:
I just called the promotional rep from Saturn Of Canada who is a very close friend of my mum & was told to rest assure that you were mistaken & it was not a SKY & had to be a SOL as there is NOT a Sky being released into Canada until the 11th of May. Only other thing he could think of is that if someone bought the car in the states & resides now in Canada???????????

I think I'm beyond delusional, I'm thinking down right whacked:lol:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Was Elvis driving the car?

·
Registered
131 Posts
hahahahaha

That's hilarious~:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rick112 said:
Was Elvis driving the car?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Chloe said:

Chloe,

We all know that the vehicle was not privately owned. There have been many Skys driving around the larger centres though, Toronto Calgary and Vancouver have ALL reported Sky sightings. They are being driven by GM Execs while they are in town for car shows or Sky training.

I have no doubt that he saw a Sky driving around TO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
To each his own!

To each his own.

CdnSkyGuy said:
Chloe,

We all know that the vehicle was not privately owned. There have been many Skys driving around the larger centres though, Toronto Calgary and Vancouver have ALL reported Sky sightings. They are being driven by GM Execs while they are in town for car shows or Sky training.

I have no doubt that he saw a Sky driving around TO.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
One of my friends son said to me last night that he had seen a Sky driving around the Kitchener-Waterloo area. I told him he had to be mistaken and he must have seen a Solstice. He told me he knew the difference and that it was a Sky. I said oh well that's nice and asked what colour, he said it was black. Well that's ok mines Blue :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts