Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just had a question about when the Skys will become available. Through my own reasoning, it seems as if they will be available beginning March 20. I'm guessing this b/c that is the first day of Spring (Saturn keeps announcing "Spring 2006"). Also, the Sky calendar on the Saturn of Canada website pretty much ends on March 20 (again, the first day of Spring). Any thoughts or input on this idea? Or has this come up?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
NC Sky said:
Hi everyone! I'm new here and just had a question about when the Skys will become available. Through my own reasoning, it seems as if they will be available beginning March 20. I'm guessing this b/c that is the first day of Spring (Saturn keeps announcing "Spring 2006"). Also, the Sky calendar on the Saturn of Canada website pretty much ends on March 20 (again, the first day of Spring). Any thoughts or input on this idea? Or has this come up?
Welcome aboard, always glad to have new members. This is the only forum I know of where the inmates run the asylum!:willy: :eek: You can learn a lot by reading on this forum, very helpful to, informative etc(upside). The fact that we are all slowly going insane waiting for our babies to be born, if there is one, the downside.

March seems pretty reasonable guess, there is a possibilityu of some middle to late Feb, mostly dealer demos though. Opinion only, no basis in fact:lol:

ERNEST
07 Slvrprl.Red lthr/blk top/loaded(and the car will be too!!:lol: :cheers: :jester:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
My advice is - be patient :rolleyes:
Spring lasts until June and, if production is anything like the Solstice, the Sky may trickle out for the time being. I placed an "order" with my dealer on 1/7 but I will be waiting for my image since I chose the automatic. I figger I'll be happy if my Sky gets delivered by the end of spring - if not, it'll get here when it gets here.

Last time I checked, they're not gonna let me build my own.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fair pricing

Does anyone know what Saturn dealers plan to do about pricing in respect
to a dealer bump to get extra bucks? I would hope Saturn wouldn't allow this,
but I ask the Torrance,CA, finance manager about this at the LA car show, and he said his dealership was going to get whatever it could over list.
I know that the Solstice dears are doing this, but hope Saturn would remain
true to its pricing policy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
rjreiser said:
to a dealer bump to get extra bucks? I would hope Saturn wouldn't allow this,
but I ask the Torrance,CA, finance manager about this at the LA car show, and he said his dealership was going to get whatever it could over list.
I know that the Solstice dears are doing this, but hope Saturn would remain
true to its pricing policy.
I know at the dealership I'm dealing with all those that are on the pre-order list will get their SKY's at msrp but anyone else will be paying up to $2,000 over msrp.

·
Registered
102 Posts
rjreiser said:
to a dealer bump to get extra bucks?
Yes and no.
It's been going up.
Mix of MPRP+ and non optional addons.
Expect 4-5k over MSRP in some form at the moment.
Still a game of chicken in SoCal.
Some dealers are settling in on that range, but many others are still waiting to see how
the ultimate demand shapes up by the time they get their test-drive cars.

·
Registered
727 Posts
NC Sky said:
Even if Saturn gets some cars to dealers by March 20, it will be a while before they catch up with orders and demand for the car. At least the major hurtles the Solstice faced should be avoided by the Sky's launch because of the experience of the Solstice.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
skywatcher said:
Yes and no.
It's been going up.
Mix of MPRP+ and non optional addons.
Expect 4-5k over MSRP in some form at the moment.
Still a game of chicken in SoCal.
Some dealers are settling in on that range, but many others are still waiting to see how
the ultimate demand shapes up by the time they get their test-drive cars.
I agree with Skywatcher, I left one dealer because they were going to charge over MSRP. I found another who stated that they are going to sell at MSRP. Then told me the only way I could get a car not loaded with extras was if I purchase the car between the time it got ordered and the time it got delivered, so it would not get stuff added on to it.

What a Bunch of :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
richmcc said:
Then told me the only way I could get a car not loaded with extras was if I purchase the car between the time it got ordered and the time it got delivered, so it would not get stuff added on to it.

You've had better finds than I, or I don't understand, or the dealer's left it ambiguously open.....
All I've run into are no add-ons, no sale. Even custom ordered.
You have to press in with the same question (think cross examination) to get the full scoop.
Some amount of add-ons aren't too bad, it's a matter of degree.

Please don't read this as any criticism of sales consultants or managers, anyone.
They're just the messengers with a tough job.
My own opinion on this, but that's how I see it.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
msrp

Our dealer is selling at msrp. there is, from what i understand, a no haggle thing that they are suppose to stick to, not add to the msrp to pad for themselves. We were told that if Saturn finds a dealer that is "padding" or "discounting" they could very well loose their license as a dealer. Hmmmm..... from what i read, i am not sure who is watching who.... and making that stick.... I also hope my car gets here SOONER vs LATER... we were told so many different things,.. like dont expect it before june. then, maybe in march or april,... then when we went in a bought my husbands 2006 Vue/gold series a few weeks ago , we were told very possibly feb... Ernest and the gang have been great getting info here and i love reading and learning as much as i can about my car... JUST CANT WAIT... NOT PATIENT...
SkyBaby-07

Bluestone
leather
chrome
monsoon
xm
all the good stuff......
Lic.Plt. Sky Baby :driving:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Not to worry. Seems to be a regional thing that pops up in a few markets.
I had one dealer claim a recent memo from Saturn Corp freed them from any restraint.
Take that with a pound of salt, as I thought pricing had always been up to each dealership anyway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
MSRP ... a word to the wise

It is against Federal Law for auto makers to MANDATE the prices charged by independent dealers! MSRP is just that ... a SUGGESTED retail price. The dealer can charge whatever he wants and Saturn can't do anything about it ... if Saturn were to try to do something, the dealer would win a hugh court settlement!

Also ... "No Haggle Pricing" means everybody pays the same price ... again that price set by the DEALER ... some Dealerships are saying "Sure, we will follow the Saturn principle of "No Haggle Pricing" ... everybody who wants a Sky from our dealership will pay the same price ... and that will be MSRP + "$omething" ... and $omething" is up to $5K.

If you want to be sure you will be paying MSRP ... GET IT IN WRITING.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
skywatcher said:
Not to worry. Seems to be a regional thing that pops up in a few markets.
I had one dealer claim a recent memo from Saturn Corp freed them from any restraint.
Take that with a pound of salt, as I thought pricing had always been up to each dealership anyway.
The good dealers will follow the guidelines set forth, the reason is repeat happy customers are by far the best form of advertising, bar none. My dealer is of the highest integrity, has a list of repeat long time customers.
The ones who are seeking instant gratification financially, will suffer the biggest losses down the road. I beleive that the mahjority of dealerships will adhere to the Saturn ethics, the few who choose not to will cut their own throats. Personal advertising is the best media!!!!!:cool:

ERNEST:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Maybe Gm should cut out the middle man and ship direct:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
326 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Our dealer is selling at msrp. there is, from what i understand, a no haggle thing that they are suppose to stick to, not add to the msrp to pad for themselves. We were told that if Saturn finds a dealer that is "padding" or "discounting" they could very well loose their license as a dealer. Hmmmm..... from what i read, i am not sure who is watching who.... and making that stick.... I also hope my car gets here SOONER vs LATER... we were told so many different things,.. like dont expect it before june. then, maybe in march or april,... then when we went in a bought my husbands 2006 Vue/gold series a few weeks ago , we were told very possibly feb... Ernest and the gang have been great getting info here and i love reading and learning as much as i can about my car... JUST CANT WAIT... NOT PATIENT...
SkyBaby-07

Bluestone

leather
chrome
monsoon
xm
all the good stuff......
Lic.Plt. Sky Baby :driving:

If you want the closest thing to the truth is to call Saturn directly , their number is at the bottom of their home page (click on contact us). I have called several times with questions. They have said basically the franchises can set their own prices.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,568 Posts
At one point, Saturn bought a lot of retailers that did not follow their protocols... they have since either closed or sold them to new owners that would.

MSRP and no-haggle are two different things... however, it is assumed that if they don't haggle, they wouldn't go over the MSRP... I am still surprised some would. I don't put it past the Pontiac dealers... but the Saturn retailers?!?!?!? :banghead:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Msrp

Saturn dealers are business men .. charge what the market will bear ... if someone is willing to pay over MSRP ... let them pay over MSRP. But an intelligent consumer will shop arround and try to find a dealer who will be satisfied to sell at MSRP ... a word to the wise!

·
Registered
326 Posts
NC Sky said:
Dealer Add-On: All the Charlotte NC area Saturns are owned by the same company, and within 2 weeks they are meeting to set policy how many ADD-ONs will be done to every CUSTOM ordered Sky even if the ordering customer does NOT want the add ons. WHAT?? I'm told to expect no less then an EXTRA $400-$800 mandatory add-ons from the dealer. No way do I want the dealer adding protectant, pin stripe, etc. to my SKY. These current dealers add mud flaps, pin stripe, floor mats, exterior/interior protectant, etc to EVERY car that comes in even if it's a custom order. I better not show up to pick up my Yellow Sky and see a nasty pin stripe on it! Then have to pay for if?!! Will give more details after their 5 store meeting early Feb. (I have deposit down and am #2 in line to order--all 5 dealers will use 1st image as their demo)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones...

...b/c my dealer isn't charging over MSRP and will grant me GM Supplier pricing IF, and only IF, GM is allowing it at the time of delivery. My parents bought from one Saturn dealer that adds the pinstripes, VIN Etching (which I can't stand), and door edge guards to all of their vehicles - customers have no say. My dad asked me to buy from them since he gets $$$ from referrals (yes, he offered to spilt it!) - but I said no for those reasons. I found a dealer that doesn't add on the crap, I guess unless the customer wants it. So far I've made a couple of Sunday visits to their lot and there are no cars with pinstripes or add-on charges (stickers next to the factory window sticker).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts