Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is this happening to anyone else--

with radio off, anytime dash warning beeps are activated, I hear static thru the speakers for about 5 seconds after the beeping stops.

(When I say dash warning beeps, I mean that annoying warning beep that you hear when your door is ajar or you forget to put on your seatbelt.. etc.)

Does the "beep" come thru the speakers? In my other cars it appears that there is probably an underdash source for the beep but maybe it comes thru the speakers in the Sky, hence the low static noise when they go off??

This weekend I'll put my ear next to the speaker and do something to set the beep off and try to hear if that is why I hear the static.

Until then, anyone experience this?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not me

·
Registered
295 Posts
not me

·
Registered
453 Posts
usmc said:

with radio off, anytime dash warning beeps are activated, I hear static thru the speakers for about 5 seconds after the beeping stops.

(When I say dash warning beeps, I mean that annoying warning beep that you hear when your door is ajar or you forget to put on your seatbelt.. etc.)

Does the "beep" come thru the speakers? In my other cars it appears that there is probably an underdash source for the beep but maybe it comes thru the speakers in the Sky, hence the low static noise when they go off??

This weekend I'll put my ear next to the speaker and do something to set the beep off and try to hear if that is why I hear the static.

Nope, not me either :confused: T

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Yep... i have had that problem..... very odd..and static comes out of the little speakers by the sides of the windshield..... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
262 Posts
usmc said:

What sound system do you have?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have said..... I have the base system.
single Cd no monsoon.

how about you skybaby?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I have the XM, MONSOON, MP3 , 6 CD..... but,,, still have had the problem...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I read on the Solstice forum that there was an update to the ECM to take care of this??

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts