Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because saturn emblem is impossible to find in Europe, I am looking for a steering wheel airbag emblem in good condition

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've never tried to remove the emblem, but from what I understand there are a number to tabs inserted through the air bag cover and bent over. Revoking the emblem will result in major damage to the thin metal emblem.

Best option may be to swap complete air bags?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tought about that as well, but if I can save some €'s. :) I live in Belgium witch is world champion on taxation of residents.
Any way that would be an option. The labor time is basically the same.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's what I was going to say. But I'm not sure if the airbag itself is the same device between Europe and USA.
I Think it is doable any way, if you remove the cover from the US model and swap it with EU version.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Yea he has had a couple stealth entries in the last week. I think he is trying to stay under the radar of MM. lol

As Marvic said, changing them is the way to go. You should be able to find someone here that wants the Opel one and vice versa. I would not remove it. I watched a video on the design and they are specifically made for the cars. They are designed to tear a certain way so the mass goes toward the door, not the driver. Bending and pulling on them, could change that I guess.

·
7,036 Posts
Still kicking.......

WTF? Marvic's back???!!! Yay!
Yes, but from time to time only....

Hi Mark, I never got an email from you while I was gone on the Windshield and Left and Right Windows..
I had asked skersfan twice to contact you about those Items and for you to get a hold of me the way he did, text of email....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess this rookie never heard of "Diawo G2X.... :lol:

And, To Stay on Topic, here is the "Airbag"...
I didn't knew the model until recently when I was on the hunt for an used car for scarse sunny days. But Deawoo isn't distributed in Western Europe any more only in Eastern EU country's with Soviet roots, all Deawoo models are sold by Chevrolet in the west. Plus I never would drive a deawoo because in Belgium nobody wants to drive a deawoo. They have a very bad rep.

·
7,036 Posts
Ideas...

This first picture was a small project I decided to do with my steering wheel airbag cover.
Opel Wheel caps:

Then decided to get and buy the real McCoy,
An Opel Airbag.

·
Premium Member
5,294 Posts
Vic,
Do you still have your car?

I researched this when I was thinking about doing the Opel rebadge. I found information that was not encouraging about the emblem and design of it. I went with the Opel Air Bag also.

Possibly Davhamm could give us some information or has access to this type of information.

I would not tamper with it personally, but have heard that others have. Mavic confirms that. I just don't want to see someone get hurt, because I failed to offer a word of caution.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts