Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am one that is waiting for an RL and saw a previous post that worried me. To all the sky owner out there: does the manual shifter bobble back and forth while the engine is running? I have only had one car that did that brand new (a mazdaspeed miata) and I was disappointed. Has anyone here noticed this? Thanks in advance....:thumbs:

·
Registered
72 Posts
We've had ours a whole week now, and nope, No bobble what-so-ever. A few other little problems that I'm looking into, but no Bobble.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Nemesis said:
I am one that is waiting for an RL and saw a previous post that worried me. To all the sky owner out there: does the manual shifter bobble back and forth while the engine is running? I have only had one car that did that brand new (a mazdaspeed miata) and I was disappointed. Has anyone here noticed this? Thanks in advance....:thumbs:
I was reading on the saturn site it highlights a short throw manual for the red line, is this the same for the base? I didn't order a manual so don know bout em.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I notice it moves a bit -- not really a bobble... Seems rather an insignificant thing...

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am a retired Field Service Eng. from a major US manual transmission manufacturer and I have 8000 miles on my Sky and no shifter shake or buzz.
I had a 99 Miata from April 98 to Dec. 05 and no shifter issues there either. Runout in the syncros will cause it though. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I feel it bounce around a little bit now. I don't recall it doing it before.
It's not much movement though, so not sure if the "post" in reference was one of those reviews.
There was a review (edmonds?) which described it as a coke can dancing around or something, but some of the complaints in it really played up quirks into major amusing issues. Cute and pretty writing, it was, but not exactly accurate on all points.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
It moves a bit.... but not much.. nothing i would think to worry about. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys and gal. I appreciate the hlp. Thi makes me feel much better. I drove that MaZDASPEED MIATA sometime back now and was shocked, then saw the reviews and was worried. I am not worried now...thanks so much!:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
i drice a stealth twin turbo stick it has 225k on it and has a little movement you cant see it but you can feel it when you have your hand in the stick. also the tranny is stock and no re bulds sometimse it will make a buzz noise when shifting in to seccond and it has alot of lash in the drive line when you are cruseing and you let off it and step back in to it if you jam the trottle it will clunk

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
marklynn70 said:
Stick shifts bobble but they don't fall down. :jester:
It all depends on how fast you take those bumps that make it bounce.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just got my car and noticed that my stick shift bobbles. It looks like it is floating and slightly moves up and down. I wasn't sure if that was normal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts