Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to my dealer and was told that I am at 025. I was imaged on 3/24. How long does it take to get picked up for production? I was bumped up on the list for dropping chrome, so I would think that it would be picked up sooner after imaging. Can anyone tell me their timelines between 025 & 030??

·
Registered
233 Posts
My dealer told me typically it stays there for 8 days so you can make changes, then it's finallized to 030 and you can't change anything from then on.

Mine sat there for about 6 days tho. /shrug

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
tyler07 said:
My dealer told me typically it stays there for 8 days so you can make changes, then it's finallized to 030 and you can't change anything from then on.

Mine sat there for about 6 days tho. /shrug
Yes I was tol dit sits around 7 days -- my dealer told me I was at 25 but would be 30 on Tuesday as I had no changes...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
looks like 8 days is the norm. There have been a few exceptions but mostly 8 days. Mine changed from 025 to 030 on the 8th day. the switch from 25 to 30 seems to be automatic... not to much is gonna stop it from going to 030.
Its after your at 030 when things aren't as clear. It appears that they aren't really using the TPW like you would expect. I think Rick posted on here today that he heard they were kinda bypassing that step which goes along with what we have been seeing. many have gone straight from 030 with no tpw to 040 after a couple of weeks.
2 cars have now gone straight from 030 with no tpw to 040 at my dealership. I'm at 030 now with no tpw and not really planning on seeing one. I expect I'll walk in and find that its gone straight to 040 after a few weeks at 030. (barring any constraint issues)
my 2cents

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. That makes sense. A week seems like a month.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SKY SCRPR said:
thanks guys. That makes sense. A week seems like a month.
HEHE, no joke... time has just been crawling, wait till you get a chance to drive a demo (if you haven't already) I drove one for the first time on monday and now time has pretty much come to a standstill. I should have never drove it!! cause now I really can't wait

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, I don't want time to slow down, and I wonder if driving the demo due in this after noon will make matters worse!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Made the wait worse for me after driving my dealers demo.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
skywulf said:
Well, I don't want time to slow down, and I wonder if driving the demo due in this after noon will make matters worse!
oh ya, it will make it worse but its worth it!!!!!!!

go drive it!!!!! let us know what you think when you get back.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Okay. I am convinced. I go drive. Always trust a Marine, right?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mine went to code 030 quickly because several people ahead of me dropped off the waiting list because they did not want to order the car without first seeing/sitting in it. Their image was already in place and would have went 030 very quickly. Dealer called me and told me what had happened and he has about 24 hours to change it before that image would go 030. Got all my changes in and went 030 over the weekend.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Well, seems like a little faith gets you in faster. I was told that is the story in my case. I am number 3 right now, they had 15 total. I wonder if that is all the dealer is going to get?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I wouldnt care if in order to sit/ride in this car that you would have to wear a sanitary pad on your head while singing "It's raining men", I WANT THIS CAR. But yea, I did get to sit in one, freaking awesome.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
They seem to be about a week behind reporting changes..... just means my baby will be here sooner... than i think... i hope.. SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I believe it's either Thur or Tue is image pickup day or something like that.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
brentil said:
I believe it's either Thur or Tue is image pickup day or something like that.
Hmmm...that's interesting, because my image was sent through on a Monday. Or is that different from what you're referring to?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
Hmmm...that's interesting, because my image was sent through on a Monday. Or is that different from what you're referring to?
I believe an image (once the dealer has it) can be entered any time after it arrives - however orders are only picked up on Tuesday -- although I HAVE heard of Tuesdays and Thursdays. At that time orders in are updated as well... So if you ordered on Monday -- that order was picked up the next day.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts