Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I finally have some news from my GM. I have been on a waiting list for awhile. Able to put a deposit down on March 22. It has been 2 months. Our car has not been ordered due to all of the constraints (chrome, auto, red leather). Got a call today that all of the constraints have been lifted and they will order our car June 1st. Then it should take a month to build and 3-4 wks for delivery. I know a lot of you have waiting since last year for your cars so I feel bad complaining, but I can't believe that it took 2 months for my order to go through. Does that seem about the right time frame and did anybody else experience this? I see other people on the forum that put their deposits down the same time I did for the same car and already took delivery. It just doesn't make sense. :willy: I'm going crazy here waiting.

·
Registered
256 Posts
hmmmm I'm not really sure to tell you the truth. I was on the "chrome" hold for awhile but I was imaged on 3/14. The car was delayed due to this but it arrived yesterday. I would think that they could put your order in now but they probably don't have an available image until June 1st. Just at thought...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
moni6 said:
OK, I finally have some news from my GM. I have been on a waiting list for awhile. Able to put a deposit down on March 22. It has been 2 months. Our car has not been ordered due to all of the constraints (chrome, auto, red leather). Got a call today that all of the constraints have been lifted and they will order our car June 1st. Then it should take a month to build and 3-4 wks for delivery. I know a lot of you have waiting since last year for your cars so I feel bad complaining, but I can't believe that it took 2 months for my order to go through. Does that seem about the right time frame and did anybody else experience this? I see other people on the forum that put their deposits down the same time I did for the same car and already took delivery. It just doesn't make sense. :willy: I'm going crazy here waiting.
It does not matter when you put your deposit down. That just gets you a place in line. You have not ordered the car yet. "Waiting" really starts after you order.
So far looks like build is closer to 2 months and depending on where you live delivery is 2 weeks to 2 months. Once you get a TPW you will know a more realistic build time. As far as waiting to put teh order in - it depends where you were "in line". Originally I was #9 at our dealer meaning I most likely would not order until July/Aug. By luck I got pushed up to #4 and waited "only" 3 months to order.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were #4 in line. The GM told us June 1st will be their first customer-ordered allocation. They are allowed to order 6 cars. They already pre-ordered 12 cars and have received 5 so far, (one of them sunny yellow-nice!) Could this mean they used up their allocations for the dealer pre-orders and pushed the customer orders back? Everyone ahead of us in line bought the pre-ordered ones when they came in, so we are the first ones to get a custom-ordered car. So waiting for 2 months for an order # seems about right? That means I'll get my car end of July-early August!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I put a deposit down two days after you, and I am just getting my chance to order too. It did seem. to take a long time and I wonder if they held up new orders while they made the switch over from Saturn to GM ordering system, but that is just business. My dealership was only allocated 10 cars, they are only making 10-12 thousand for the U.S. so I was lucky to even get in on time to get an order. I look at all the folks who waited a REALLY long time, and suddenly 3-6 months just isn't a big deal I am just glad I moved fast enough to get in line. I will be the next to order, when GM gives the dealer a chance to do so, and I could conceivably have my car by my anniversary! Yippeeeee! :)

Update: My order is in, I have a TPW of June 26. With the trend, I figure earliest date is July 26 or so, latest is around end of August. I am stoked.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
moni6 said:
We were #4 in line. The GM told us June 1st will be their first customer-ordered allocation. They are allowed to order 6 cars. They already pre-ordered 12 cars and have received 5 so far, (one of them sunny yellow-nice!) Could this mean they used up their allocations for the dealer pre-orders and pushed the customer orders back? Everyone ahead of us in line bought the pre-ordered ones when they came in, so we are the first ones to get a custom-ordered car. So waiting for 2 months for an order # seems about right? That means I'll get my car end of July-early August!
You are quoting "Dealer math".
Being that you are in sunny CA -- your dealer most likely had an allotment of 18 cars. They decided to "pre-order" 12 to sell to first come first serve and reserved 6 for "custom" orders. In reality they had 18 to custom order. You think they would have ordered their list first then the floor cars but that is their business.
So - every 5 cars allocated in one car per month (Starting January as the first order) so they have been ordering for 4-5 months 3-4 cars a month. So a delivery of 9-12 is about right.
I just think it stinks that that took deposits from guaranteed sales - blew them off and ordered cars to sell first come first serve. Slap in the face for loyalty! Our local store custom orderd their entire allocation. First in line - orderd the first car.
I'd say your July-Aug could be right if you order in early to mid June..
Good luck!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
You are quoting "Dealer math".
Being that you are in sunny CA -- your dealer most likely had an allotment of 18 cars. They decided to "pre-order" 12 to sell to first come first serve and reserved 6 for "custom" orders. In reality they had 18 to custom order. You think they would have ordered their list first then the floor cars but that is their business.
So - every 5 cars allocated in one car per month (Starting January as the first order) so they have been ordering for 4-5 months 3-4 cars a month. So a delivery of 9-12 is about right.
I just think it stinks that that took deposits from guaranteed sales - blew them off and ordered cars to sell first come first serve. Slap in the face for loyalty! Our local store custom orderd their entire allocation. First in line - orderd the first car.
I'd say your July-Aug could be right if you order in early to mid June..
Good luck!
Thanks alot for the input. As always your a big help. You seem to know more than my GM. I just needed to vent and I feel better now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was imaged the end of March and I don't even have a build date yet. The dealer doesn't know what the hold up is. It may be the red leather and the chrome, who knows. Very frusterating.

·
Registered
178 Posts
no tpw either!!

MISky said:
I was imaged in march and I don't even have a build date yet. The dealer doesn't know what the hold up is. It may be the red leather and the chrome, who knows. Very frusterating.
i was imaged early april and have been sitting at 3000 since middle april and i have nothing ordered that has had constraints......and yes, it is very fustrating

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Something else unusual: No five speed slots available. There was actually a hold on Manual transmission when my order went in. Struck me as odd. Not sure what it means big picture...but thought I would mention.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Same here! Ordered April 4, just found out today still at 3000. No restraints. :banghead:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Picked up my car this afternoon!! All I can say to the rest of you waiting, IT REALLY IS WORTH THE WAIT. The only bad thing is I walked in saw my car on the show room floor and first thing we realized is the wheels were wrong. I ordered Chrome and they had painted. The dealer apologized but said there is a lack of chrome wheels right now. Not sure if BS or not? Any way they promised next Wednesday they will put the C-wheels for me at the same cost as promised. I was scared to death to drive because you sit so low. But, determined to see it through. In a few minutes I was relaxed and feeling great. The car handles beautiful, and the sound even with the top down is unbelievable. Can't wait to get drive her again tomorrow!! It's tuff waiting, but don't give up, it is sooo worth the wait!!
Hey, Seagull, 2 down and 1 more to go. Marco, we're waiting on you now!!
Theresa

·
Registered
239 Posts
WOOHOOO!! Your gonna be my twin!! Nice....remember you owe me a ride =)
I forgot to call Julio today!! Ok I will try tomorrow.
Where are the pics?

Marco

tolaiz said:
Picked up my car this afternoon!! All I can say to the rest of you waiting, IT REALLY IS WORTH THE WAIT. The only bad thing is I walked in saw my car on the show room floor and first thing we realized is the wheels were wrong. I ordered Chrome and they had painted. The dealer apologized but said there is a lack of chrome wheels right now. Not sure if BS or not? Any way they promised next Wednesday they will put the C-wheels for me at the same cost as promised. I was scared to death to drive because you sit so low. But, determined to see it through. In a few minutes I was relaxed and feeling great. The car handles beautiful, and the sound even with the top down is unbelievable. Can't wait to get drive her again tomorrow!! It's tuff waiting, but don't give up, it is sooo worth the wait!!
Hey, Seagull, 2 down and 1 more to go. Marco, we're waiting on you now!!
Theresa

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got My Sky

I wonder if I am some sort of record. I put down deposit on 3/19/06. Dealer was able to order car on 3/27/06 due to the restriction on red/black leather. Car arrived at dealership on 5/20/06. Silver Pearl, auto, limited slip, single disc, xm & painted. One problem to report, they had to order a new radio for my Sky, clock and setting malfuctions. Saturn did correct the minor wind noise around driver ear left glass and passenger ear right glass. Only two things to correct with the next generation Sky, more storage space and easier top operation. That's it ! Love the car rides better than my 04 Acura TL. Oh, almost forgot. I can't believe they will use the same breaking setup for the Redline version. Adequate for Sky, but will never be enough for Redline. P.S. Number 2 on my Dealers list for the Redline. Good luck to all and to all a good night.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Tolaiz

HotRedRoadster said:
WOOHOOO!! Your gonna be my twin!! Nice....remember you owe me a ride =)
I forgot to call Julio today!! Ok I will try tomorrow.
Where are the pics?

Marco
Marco, give her a chance, once you get your car you will see.
It is more important(or FUN) to drive the car.
Rather then take pictures. :thumbs:
You're Next.
Then we can set up a meeting with the other So Cali. Sky owners.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts