·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Reactions: GarrettG

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
There are replacements available?
I've been treating my rubber with special chemicals to help it last.
I think that the top-to-windshield seal is not available, but I also thought that about the door window seals, so .....

I do know that 10 years ago that seal listed for something like $500.

Reactions: squilliam

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Edit: found em! Holy mother of @%%! wtf, 600 dlls for the weatherstripping. Does a new convertible top include that?
No. That weatherstrip is attached to the top of the windshield frame.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Would it be possible to print new rubberlike parts out of TPA plastic after some trial and error?
While nearly everything is "possible", weatherstrips are currently far from practicable. The shapes are complex, the parts are fairly large and, as @steveorama said, the materials are not the most suitable.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Other than yours I have not seen a tinted backup light. It looks more like an owner mod than anything OEM.

The part-red backup light is a Euro-spec light for the Opel. It was not fitted to the Sky. The red is a separately switched rear fog light.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Will maybe try some local dealers in the valley. My dealership contacts back in MN are all 6 foot under. Still no answer to the hoods$!? Of the cars up on auction all seem to have bumper and hood injuries:(
Most Kappa collisions are front damage. I suspect that excessive speed could be a common factor.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
I agree with you. I wish my Base Sky had dual exhaust tips like the Red Line. It would look balanced. Heck GM could not even install a 2-note horn in the Sky. How could I expect a dual exhaust in my Base? Doing so saved them a whopping $10.

Even my 2014 Nissan Altima Sedan with the fuel economic 2.5L-L4 engine has dual exhaust and it looks right.
Technically it is not dual exhaust, but in any case it was done to provide an additional visual distinction between the NA and the RL, and not to save cost.

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
How much would it have cost GM to add the automatic window switch on the passenger side? They downgrade because they probably believe that they will sell more expensive cars. But I wouldn't have bought anything other than the Sky because that is what I liked. Sales are probably lost on a $5.00 upgrade part. Maybe they bought Mustangs instead.
Look through the 2004 GM catalog to see what was available with an automatic passenger window.

There was a waiting list in my area for both cars until the shutdown was announced so I doubt they lost many sales.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts