Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everyone nit picking this car to death anyway? Some don't like the top, some don't like the antenna, some don't like the engine, some don't like the standard equipment.... Right now you have two options... take it the way it is presented to you, or buy something else...

GEEE Enjoy the fact we will be able to buy this car with what it has at less than half the cost of a Vette roadster...

Saturn has a way to voice your opinion right to them. instead of ranting here send your complaints to them directly and maybe if enough do you can get your changes....
here is that phone number.
Saturn Customer Assistance
Center at 1-800-553-6000 option 3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
superg said:
You're comparing this to a corvette roadster?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was comparing the affordability of the Sky with the Vette, PERIOD....
many more can afford a SKY at 25K than a Vette at 55K, Right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
623 Posts
classic66vair said:
Why is everyone nit picking this car to death anyway? Some don't like the top, some don't like the antenna, some don't like the engine, some don't like the standard equipment.... Right now you have two options... take it the way it is presented to you, or buy something else...

GEEE Enjoy the fact we will be able to buy this car with what it has at less than half the cost of a Vette roadster...

Saturn has a way to voice your opinion right to them. instead of ranting here send your complaints to them directly and maybe if enough do you can get your changes....
here is that phone number.
Saturn Customer Assistance
Center at 1-800-553-6000 option 3
Exactly, I think the base Sky is great. If you don't want OnStar/XM get a Solstice. The smaller engine is OK, as long as they make a RL (and they said they would). I think an I4 is perfect for a small car like this. The Sky is about a perfect a car as I can find, and once the RL comes out it will be the perfect car!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DuSpinnst said:
Exactly, I think the base Sky is great. If you don't want OnStar/XM get a Solstice. The smaller engine is OK, as long as they make a RL (and they said they would). I think an I4 is perfect for a small car like this. The Sky is about a perfect a car as I can find, and once the RL comes out it will be the perfect car!
I agree with you, I would love for someone to name one car that was perfect right out of the box, that couldn't be improved upon... thats why next years cars will be different from this years.
it's so funny but some complain they don;t want AIR and ABS and Power Windows, but if you go to the Solstice forum some over there are complaining that they are not standard... you can't please everyone...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
It IS interesting how people will jump in and just blast away at what they perceive as the negatives of this car and its older sibling, the Solstice. For GM if they had come out with a rectangular black box when nobody else domestic had a black box but all the imports did they would complain about the color. Maybe they should have made it look like this or that, bigger, smaller, faster, (not slower) It won't be right for everyone. But if it is just enough right that 20,000 plus are built and sold each yeasr for 10+ years I'll be happy with what we get.

What do we get with the Sky (or the Sol, it does seem that the same Trolls are blasting the Sky here and the Sol over there). We get the reinvention of the great American roadster! Nothing less. What the Woodhill Wildfire and the Kaiser-Darrin and Devin did to birth the 'vette and the performance revolution that followed is is what we are again seeing here. The rebirth of American hotrodism. It's okay to tune a ricer and put body kits all over it but teh American car has to stay as is??? People, pay attention. You've already been told at the beginning of this thread that you are not being forced to buy this or any car. there is also no law against adding your own bodywork, which BTW with the old style Saturn plastic panels would have been more difficult. Now with steel you can actually weld on parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
this car needs 5 wheels! who woulda put out a car on the road with 4 wheels? what they think they can balance a car on that pavement with 4 wheels!?! thats freakin nuts! :willy:













:sarcasm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
The Sky is about a perfect a car as I can find, and once the RL comes out it will be the perfect car!
People talks... I do it my-self, but wait till its front of you!
I bet you 100$ that the day I'll see the sky in front of me with my own eyes I will fall in love!
And then when the Red Line will come out... I'll make some pressure so they can legalize marriage with cars!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
The scrutiny and criticism is just natural. When something is almost perfect, it invites lots of scrutiny because we all want it to be perfect. The nitpicking is more along the lines of "the Sky would be perfect if..." That's all it is. And therefore it is understandable.

It is like the Pontiac GTO. If only it looked awesome, it would be a perfect muscle-car. Instead it is only a fabulous muscle car with real weak looks. So we bitch. Perfectly natural.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
classic66vair said:
Why is everyone nit picking this car to death anyway? Some don't like the top, some don't like the antenna, some don't like the engine, some don't like the standard equipment.... Right now you have two options... take it the way it is presented to you, or buy something else...

GEEE Enjoy the fact we will be able to buy this car with what it has at less than half the cost of a Vette roadster...

Saturn has a way to voice your opinion right to them. instead of ranting here send your complaints to them directly and maybe if enough do you can get your changes....
here is that phone number.
Saturn Customer Assistance
Center at 1-800-553-6000 option 3
I hate to nit pick, but actually we don't have 2 options right now. We may in a year from now (if it comes in on schedule), but right now we can only yak about it... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SkyHawk said:
I hate to nit pick, but actually we don't have 2 options right now. We may in a year from now (if it comes in on schedule), but right now we can only yak about it... :lol:
Ahh got me on that one... My oversight...but you get what I mean...
Thats why there are so many differnt kinds of cars out there, not one is perfect .. every owner of every car can find some little thing that they think should have been better if it had only been designed differently...
Being in engineering and knowing the cost of things I work with you sometimes have to make compromises, just to bring the thing in under budget...
If we wanted to wait 5 more years and pay twice as much I bet they could fix most of the complaints listed in these forums, but even with that someone would complaining about how long it took or how much it cost, or they would still find something wrong with it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
classic66vair said:
Ahh got me on that one... My oversight...but you get what I mean...
Thats why there are so many differnt kinds of cars out there, not one is perfect .. every owner of every car can find some little thing that they think should have been better if it had only been designed differently...
Being in engineering and knowing the cost of things I work with you sometimes have to make compromises, just to bring the thing in under budget...
If we wanted to wait 5 more years and pay twice as much I bet they could fix most of the complaints listed in these forums, but even with that someone would complaining about how long it took or how much it cost, or they would still find something wrong with it....
I got your point and it has some validity.
That said, most of us became interested in the Sky because of its design and we believe that with a bit of luck, it may have sufficient attributes which will cause us to buy one. Price is only one issue. If it handles and performs like a Hummer, then it wouldn't matter how beautiful or cheap it was, it would only sell to those whose only criteria is cheap and beautiful.
For many others, like me, it'll have to meet other criteria, or we will choose another roadster - such as, I'm 6'5" and if I can't fit, I will quit.
As for your comment "so many different kinds of cars out there, not one is perfect", That is not necessarily correct. My 2003 Z4 is perfect in virtually every respect (for me). Handling, performance, interior room, trunk space, design, absence of squeaks & rattles, etc,etc is the best I've ever had and can find no area where it could be improved.
By the time the Sky RL comes out I'll have had it for GT 4 years and so I've begun my search for a possible replacement early. My default is to hold onto my Z4 for several more years.
People on this forum can only comment on what they see - the design and visible features. We could sit here and talk all day about how pretty the car is and not comment on the other obviously visible features which may fall short of "world class" but that would be kinda boring, eh?
The bigger issue will be what we can't see and that is how will it handle and perform relative to its competition?
Will it match the Miata, will it come within artillery range of entry models of the S2000. Boxster, Z4, TT, Z350?
If not, that's when people will weigh the options you pointed out..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
SkyHawk said:
As for your comment "so many different kinds of cars out there, not one is perfect", That is not necessarily correct. My 2003 Z4 is perfect in virtually every respect (for me). Handling, performance, interior room, trunk space, design, absence of squeaks & rattles, etc,etc is the best I've ever had and can find no area where it could be improved.
QUOTE]

Sir I don;t believe you got the point, but you made it in what you said about your Z4 " My 2003 Z4 is perfect in virtually every respect (for me). " what is your definition of "virtually"? To me that means Almost....so is there anything even in minor detail you would change? if so that was the point I was making.... , I was just saying why all the nitpicking about the minor details? I haven;t seen one thing yet that will keep me form buying a Sky... Even though I don;t like the bee stinger Onstar antenna...(minor detail)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Heh, I like the Onstar antenna personally..

More to follow what you said - to each his own.

~D.J.~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
classic66vair said:
Why is everyone nit picking this car to death anyway? Some don't like the top, some don't like the antenna, some don't like the engine, some don't like the standard equipment.... Right now you have two options... take it the way it is presented to you, or buy something else...

GEEE Enjoy the fact we will be able to buy this car with what it has at less than half the cost of a Vette roadster...
My friend-- I owe you a beer :D

Seriously-- I'm glad you posted this, and I hope that it makes a few of the more...erm..."vocal" critics of this as-yet unreleased car stop and think about the absurdity of bashing the unholy hell out of a car they've never once set eyes on, let alone driven.

It looks ridiculous, the amount of pissing and moaning on this board.

But that's what keeps some people going through the day, I guess.


Classic-- here's to you :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
mdlestat said:
It looks ridiculous, the amount of pissing and moaning on this board.

But that's what keeps some people going through the day, I guess.


Classic-- here's to you :cheers:
That's prbably it. Skysters are upset that the Sol is coming out first and so far shows 7 more hp on paper (just the real world catching up with engineering, my bet is when production is announced Sky will be 177 as well)

Or why not complain that Saturn has sold out and gone steel bodies, heaven forbid.

I won't even mention, ssh(trunk size). :lol:

At thos point it is all :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :willy: :willy: :willy:

:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
achieftain said:
That's prbably it. Skysters are upset that the Sol is coming out first and so far shows 7 more hp on paper (just the real world catching up with engineering, my bet is when production is announced Sky will be 177 as well)

Or why not complain that Saturn has sold out and gone steel bodies, heaven forbid.

I won't even mention, ssh(trunk size). :lol:

At thos point it is all :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :willy: :willy: :willy:

:lol:
Most of the pissing and moaning I have read on here are personal preferences... nothing Major, other than HP or Trunk size, but even then you need to wait til we get one in our hands to decide the major problems are real or percieved....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
classic66vair [SIZE=3 said:
" what is your definition of "virtually"? To me that means Almost....so is there anything even in minor detail you would change?[/SIZE]
Stop nit picking my posts.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SkyHawk said:
Stop nit picking my posts.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
okee dokee.... :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
yup..

I totally agree. I mean, you really don't buy a roadster for the room..And personally, I think hey, it's one of the cheapest roadsters I've seen that actually looks sweet. If they did make it legal to marry a car, I too would be a married woman next year! I do think people have a right to an opinion on forums (since that's what makes it interesting), but I'd have to say for the sky -- like it or leave it, ya know? Make suggestions to Saturn... Maybe for future models they'll modify it differently to accommodate some of those suggestions.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top