Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum but plan on posting often as I work on my Sky, I bought it a month ago for $2500 with 94,000 miles on it. No major mechanical issues whatsoever (check engine light is on but autozone employees assured me that none of the codes were for anything majorly important). Interior cosmetics are in great condition given the mileage, just minor exterior cosmetic issues like paint flaking and one or two small thumbnail sized dents here and there . And also my hood doesn’t line up to the passenger side fender and bumper properly (but I’ll start a new thread for help with that). Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and show y’all the car. Since I’ve gotten it I’ve had new tires and wheels put on (staggered setup), I’ve baked the headlight assembly and painted it black and white, installed a full borla exhaust system, and added the wing in the back (not sure how I feel about that yet tho).

The first four photos are what the car looked like the day I bought it. The next two are right after I finished the headlights, and the last two after mounting the wheel 🤘🏻

·
Registered
748 Posts
Glad you are here. I really like your change in wheels. White wheels on a white Sky looks exceptional! Just plan on lots of wheel maintenance....brake dust and road grime inside the rims.

I am not into rear spoilers (most especially that sheet metal type) but if God made us all the same, life would be boring.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What a wacky good price for a Sky, howdy from a fellow Texan

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Can't help but notice that you still have the old license plates and a registration/inspection window sticker that is 2 years out of date. Is there a particular reason for that? Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think I’ve seen your car on the Sky FB group. That seems like a great price for an NA that’s in that condition. I’m sure most of those cosmetic issues can be fixed or replaced. I’m in Austin and have been trying to establish an ATX Kappa group for cruises and meets. Let me know if you’re in the area and want to join.

·
Registered
748 Posts
What a wacky good price for a Sky
I was thinking the same thing ($2500 for a Base with 94,000 miles)

In my case I should have paid $One Dollar$ ($4700 for a Base with 120,000 miles) because of all it took in additional money and my time invested along with the surprise massive odometer rollback. As readers here can tell, I am still trying to emotionally get over it. Please give me more grace and time. Eventually I will stop bringing it up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't help but notice that you still have the old license plates and a registration/inspection window sticker that is 2 years out of date. Is there a particular reason for that? Welcome to the Forum!
Last week I actually got my new stickers and the office just transferred the plates when I did a title transfer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I think I’ve seen your car on the Sky FB group. That seems like a great price for an NA that’s in that condition. I’m sure most of those cosmetic issues can be fixed or replaced. I’m in Austin and have been trying to establish an ATX Kappa group for cruises and meets. Let me know if you’re in the area and want to join.
Ayy I didn't know an ATX group existed! I'm in North Austin/Pflugerville area

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ayy I didn't know an ATX group existed! I'm in North Austin/Pflugerville area
We’ve been working on setting one up with a few members here. Most conversations were held here for the meet and greet last month in the Southwest thread in the groups and clubs section. Austin ATX/ Central Texas Kappa Group

I’ve posted a couple of times about it in the Sky Owners Group on FB , but I’m working on setting up a dedicated ATX Kappa FB group to make it easier to discuss cruises and meets. You’re welcome to join anytime!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That car had a front end accident by the look of that front bumper cover...but go for the spoiler. I originally did not have one on my car but after a year....I saw it on other SKYS....I grew to like it. What u need with those rims are whitewall tires...

I think so to, it’s only had three owners including me and the previous owner claims no accidents, car fax also shows no accidents but who know. The metal bar behind the bumper definitely looks crushed on one side though, had the frame checked however and the frame is still lined up correctly.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Way to go SeanJames for getting your SKY street legal!

... go for the spoiler. I originally did not have one on my car but after a year....I saw it on other SKYS....I grew to like it.
What u need with those rims are whitewall tires.

Still trying to bring those whitewalls back into style Mike?
Here they are being advertised back in 1947 Popular Mechanics, June & July.
"Add the final touch of smartness! You can get a deluxe snap on set of 4 for just $9.95"

It looks like he may have already gotten a rear spoiler... and it's a big one.

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Way to go SeanJames for getting your SKY street legal!

Still trying to bring those whitewalls back into style Mike?
Here they are being advertised back in 1947 Popular Mechanics, June & July.
"Add the final touch of smartness! You can get a deluxe snap on set of 4 for just $9.95"
View attachment 113779

It looks like he may have already gotten a rear spoiler... and it's a big one.
If u notice those r not WWS....they are the stick ons.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Oh yeah, read it quite completely.
If u notice those r not WWS....they are the stick ons.
They are "snap ons" which "cost less than half what you used to pay for white wall tires... are easy to clean... can't scuff on curbs... have no upkeep expense..." They also "make tires look larger and wheels smaller than ever before to get smarter car appearance." Lyon Incorporated of Detroit, Michigan.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Welcome to the owners club and this forum.

$2500 with 94k for a NA is a pretty sweet deal for you.
Interior in great condition, exterior in pretty good condition given the miles.
For $2500 price tag that is a steal.
New tires are gonna make a difference. It now sticks like glue as it should.
Staggered set up- no rotation of the new tires then?
Old age & tires are not a good mix here.
Best thing you could have done right off the bat imo.
Brake pads & fluid change would be the next best thing, unless the battery is old?

Black to White rims is a different look too, looks good imo.
Most of the time it is the other way around here. Dechromed.
New aftermarket exhaust system.
Check rear view mirror and maybe your closest neighbor too before...you test it just say'n.

Check engine light, Autozone employee, codes and not majorly important stuff
for you to worry about. Yeah Autozone & their employees are experts on our cars.
I would have gotten the codes, posted them here and let our experts figure out IF
they are important or not to you?
Lot of smart owners here, lot to learn from their vast knowledge about our gem.

Hood, front bumper, passenger fender line up. 3rd owner, clean car fax.
But.. the metal bar behind the bumper looks crushed. Frame is ok.
You or a good body shop can make adjustments.
Passenger fender could have been a battery replacement & misalignment?
Front bumper/hood given the lack of real visible damage could have been a
parking lot SUV backed into it or a concrete/garage wall touch by the previous owner?
No respray, just adjust the gaps.
There is a PDF file here, use search function on Body panel adjustment by the factory for tolerance clearance levels.
Remember here- the masses out there can't see our car in their mirrors. To low to see it.
Careful in Walmart parking lots with SUV's, lifted trucks, maybe the odd soccer mom in rush to get to the game as it is her week to supply the team snacks & refreshments.

The Wing. An X-Wing? Tie fighter wing? No wing to 2 different wings looks like it to me.
1st one looks like an RL spoiler mounted forward of the normal position on the body?
Old Fiero GT wing/spoiler? The 2nd wing is way different adjustable twin blade design. Visibility out the back issues?

Water pump? Battery? Brakes? Fluids changed out? Console Cup holder ok? You know important stuff.

LAC

1 - 20 of 24 Posts