Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made a trip to drop off my Sky at my dealer (located somewhere in the contiguous United States) and was astonished to find a relative plethora of Skys.

On the lot was the following:
1. My silver graphite baseline obviously not for sale
2. A second silver graphite baseline for sale (used)
3. A yellow baseline for possible sale (owner having second thoughts)
4. A red baseline for sale (from sister dealership)
5. A white baseline for sale
6. A bluestone baseline for possible sale (owner having second thoughts)

They all had come in the day before and I don't know exactly what the story is behind each of the cars and if they even were technically for sale to anyone who wanted. But if you want the name of the dealer feel free to PM me for details.

As for the bluestone, it really really needs to be seen in person to get an idea of its color. Its a much deeper and smoother color than I had imagined from seeing all the pictures on this site and in promotional materials. It was very unique and I give it a thumbs up approval. Again, pictures don't seem to capture it well at all -- though the one I took does seem to be more accurate to me since I was there and knew the lighting and such at the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
There is a Red and a Yellow one at my dealers. They said they bought them on E-bay.

·
Registered
18,022 Posts
for those of you who are considering the bluestone...that is the true color of what u r getting...like it or leave it...u know my opinion

·
Registered
322 Posts
There is a Red/blk and a Graphite/blk at Saturn of "Somewhere" MA. Red 5-spd, Graphite, auto. Both loaded. Also a Graphite w/ red coming in on a resale.
Alas my order is still in process.
There seems to be ZERO interest here, possibly as winter is arriving shortly.....:banghead:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Help!!!

Let's remember we are not to post current stock at any specific retailer if they are not Supporting Dealers.

I know you all trying to help but, rules are the rules!!! :cheers:

Regards,

BA... :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I was trying to avoid being specific Sky Spy. :)

Legal Disclaimer: The dealer mentioned above may be a figment of my imagination.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ya me too, I didn't know about that. Thats a great plan as I will now go to my Dealer and inquire as to why they are NOT a supporting dealer?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
2 at mine

My dealer (which I won't mention but you can PM for info..:D ) has 2 available -- a midnight blue that the buyer backed out of, and another midnight blue (Eye on Sky's used). Also have a red 5spd coming in soon with no buyer. This was 'as of' today...stopped over there to check on the status of the a/c compressor that has been on order for over 2 months - it's finally due to arrive on Thursday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The dealer close to me has a list about 20 long:banghead: . They get about 1 a month and their allocation for 2007 has been sold out:mad: . My wife and I had to fly to chicago to get one. We drove it home:cool: they're a nice dealer to deal with. If a person wants one like we did, you will have to search several different dealers to find something close to what you want and go for it:thumbs: .

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Saturday my Pontiac dealership had 6 cars on the lot for sale. By next week they'll be gone and new ones will be in to replace them. Now for a Saturn dealer to have 6 is really rare. My dealership has also had a current forum record of 7 GXP allocations to date. Thursday should be #8 and is my allocation.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
Saturday my Pontiac dealership had 6 cars on the lot for sale. By next week they'll be gone and new ones will be in to replace them. Now for a Saturn dealer to have 6 is really rare. My dealership has also had a current forum record of 7 GXP allocations to date. Thursday should be #8 and is my allocation.
I thought the word was no more Solstice GXP allocations this year?:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar experience. I also learned from a salesman friend that those dealerships with the higher sales volumes are more likely to receive higher allottments than those lower volume dealers. There were 5 Sky's on the lot I visited with all of them being new. I picked up a silver pearl with auto trans and chrome wheelcovers and drove it home......... YES!

·
Registered
517 Posts
this is really good news, especially owners having second thoughts!:)

when the inventory of used skys begins to build, the price will drop like a rock. :D

a new sky which sold for $25,000 and then the owners were offered 5 - 10 grand over that, those days are past. that new sky is now a used sky and will be worth considerably less than $25,000 next year.:lol:

i might be able to get one yet!!!!:thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts