Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you feel confident; you can change radios and add USB without losing your custom backlighting. With minor changes the USB radio can be used with your current faceplate. This is what I suggested and what the post I linked to on the Solstice Forum shows how to do. Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Well..................

I bought a brand new unlocked OEM radio and then swapped radios. The brand new radio makes the same irritating screeching sound as my original radio. So the original radio is back in the car. Next up is changing Monsoon amps. I have no idea if there are differences with them like there are with radios. Here is mine. I took these pictures when I had the car apart during its mild restoration.

I will be communicating with HoosierGXP.
Rectangle Material property Font Box Gas

Font Material property Handwriting Rectangle Parallel

• Sad
Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The screeching sound used to happen after playing the radio at higher volume for extended periods. It has since gotten worse. Now I can get the screeching sound to happen immediately upon turning on the radio and cranking up the volume. It is odd that the screeching sound now continues after turning off the radio. I actually have to turn off the vehicle "AND" remove the key to stop the screeching.....wierd!

I sure hope replacing the amp will solve the problem.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The screeching sound used to happen after playing the radio at higher volume for extended periods. It has since gotten worse. Now I can get the screeching sound to happen immediately upon turning on the radio and cranking up the volume. It is odd that the screeching sound now continues after turning off the radio.
That's 'sounding' (hah!) more and more like it's the amp, then.

BTW, I've never heard of any changes in the amp, nor anti-theft locking. But then there's very few (if any) that have reported changing the amp :/

21 - 25 of 25 Posts