Saturn Sky Forum banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Regarding the Saturn and/or Sky name stated on the car.....

To achieve best results when restoring the original paint on our Base Sky, I removed the "SKY" name from the rear bumper and the GM chiclets in the front fenders. This leaves the three red Saturn logos and five silver logos. For reasons I cannot explain, people don't notice the Saturn badges and often ask me "What car is that?" With the top down, people think it's some kind of exotic Italian sports car.

So, I am not inspired to badge "Sky" and "GM" back on the car. Without them sticking up, it remains a lot easier to give the car a good polishing.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
For reasons I cannot explain, people don't notice the Saturn badges and often ask me "What car is that?"
Because for most of it's lifetime, the Saturn logo had the word "SATURN" underneath it. It was only in the last few years that they went with the square logo without lettering.

So, previously, people would see the Saturn word and read that - for the most part ignoring the actual Saturn image. Now, when they see the image by itself, they don't recognize it.

Motor vehicle Rectangle Font Gas Jewellery
Rectangle Wood Art Picture frame Font

Reactions: CoopSky and SkyVue2

·
Registered
73 Posts
since people dont remember these cars all that much...
i decided to remove all badges
to confuse them further,
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

i installed PININFARINA BADGES ...even on the steering wheel
it goes well with the 3 tone Ferrari Fiam air horn

Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Emblem Symbol

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
since people dont remember these cars all that much...
i decided to remove all badges
to confuse them further,
i installed PININFARINA BADGES ...even on the steering wheel
it goes well with the 3 tone Ferrari Fiam air horn
I took my after market bodied 56 MG to a local Italian car day and everyone thought it was some Italian car they had never heard of (only hint was the engraved "MG" on the knock off spinners).

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Yeah, it is about the only 'kit car' I have ever liked the look of - they managed to get the proportions right - 1960s Corvette windshield and 911 rear window. . I powered it with a GM 3.4 V6 and T5.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts