Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More and more folks are taking ownership of their SKY and STUBBY ANTENNA's are being used more. That being said, what say you all on which model STUBBY ANTENNA and the strenght of your signal. Would you choose and different model? :confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what model do you have and signal strenght?

Would you suggest a better model .... which ....

·
Registered
482 Posts
Anyone that strikes your fancy, as long as it is 4-5 reception. We were going 75mph today and the antenna whistles at those speeds when extended, but silent when retracted.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have the "J" series in black...4 out of 5 for reception...I'm happy with it. :thumbs:

Whoops, sorry...I am mistaken...I have the "B" series.

·
Registered
388 Posts
We have the "O" series in black. Very short so the reception is a 3.5 out of 5. Don't get great reception through areas where there are mountains. Since we have XM it doesn't matter, but sometimes I would like to listen to local radio. I wouldn't get it again, but my husband really likes how it looks. I would get the "B" next time.

·
Registered
18,281 Posts
reception has to do with signal strength...but also depends on mountains and valleys...if u r in an urban area, doesn't matter what type of antenna u get...hey, u can even use a hanger...we used to use that before cable or satillite tv...for those of us who can remember black and white tv...and don't ask what that is!

·
Registered
669 Posts
B Series - 4 out of 5 reception. Works great on local stations...still pretty good on distant (90 miles) stations. For a view, check my gallery.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've got a B also and drove it up north thru the mountains. It kept the signal at least as long as my old one. Never lose a signal in town.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Do you have to change the antenna base too or just unscrew the stock one and screw the new one on?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just ordered my black B stubby today. Now I will have my new alumni license plate frame, dlo Transpod, B stubby antenna, Kappasphere Sky chrome satin key fob, and polishing cloth ready. All I need is my Sky!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I went with the B model in chrome to go along with the chrome wheels on my Graphite Sky. I am very pleased with the quality of the materials.

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
1994SC2 said:
I went with the B model in chrome to go along with the chrome wheels on my Graphite Sky. I am very pleased with the quality of the materials.
I purchased the B model in chrome and black for when I get my SKY but hubby took the black one and put it on his VUE. I'm amazed on how good the reception is on it and we didn't even have it extended.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"B" it is .... reception is important and yet I am going to look at that 'Z' model yet. I am just killin time waiting for my RL.... :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
marlboromike said:
reception has to do with signal strength...but also depends on mountains and valleys...if u r in an urban area, doesn't matter what type of antenna u get...hey, u can even use a hanger...we used to use that before cable or satillite tv...for those of us who can remember black and white tv...and don't ask what that is!
Sometimes a little tin foil on the rabbit ears can help also.:lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts