Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Where is the best place to order one from. Dont really like the stock one, toooooo tall :willy: Thanks for any imput....:thumbs:

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good deal, thx

·
Registered
388 Posts
Noticed our reception decreased dramatically with our stubby. We live closer to the mountains so maybe that had a lot to do with it. We bought the "O" series. The look of it is way better than the original one.

·
Registered
262 Posts
moni6 said:
Noticed our reception decreased dramatically with our stubby. We live closer to the mountains so maybe that had a lot to do with it. The look of it is way better than the original one.
When you go to the www.carccessory.com web site you will see a note on each antenna indicating reception performance. Such as for the A-Series antenna, it says Reception: 3 out of 5
Others in the stubby series say Reception: 4 out of 5

You might want to keep that in mind when ordering an antenna if you are going to drive in marginal areas. The antenna is easy to change and the OEM does not take up much room in the trunk. It could be taken along for the ride on a long road trip if reception gets bad.

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
When you go to the www.carccessory.com web site you will see a note on each antenna indicating reception performance. Such as for the A-Series antenna, it says Reception: 3 out of 5
Others in the stubby series say Reception: 4 out of 5

You might want to keep that in mind when ordering an antenna if you are going to drive in marginal areas. The antenna is easy to change and the OEM does not take up much room in the trunk. It could be taken along for the ride on a long road trip if reception gets bad.
Hey thanks. We got the O-series thinking it would be good enough but it's not. I am going to buy another one with a 4/5 rating and see the difference. They are only $8 so no big deal.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
dmbdlatc said:
The antenna is easy to change and the OEM does not take up much room in the trunk. It could be taken along for the ride on a long road trip if reception gets bad.
The antenna will fit in the Trunk!!!??? :lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I just ordered a black in the "B" series (4 out of 5 reception)...saw it on a Sky that somebody recently posted pics of here on this forum (sorry can't remember who it was...but the Sky was Silver). I think out of all of them, the "B", the "J", and the "Y" series look the best overall.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I got the J-series. Closed up it's chrome with two small rings at top.
I'm attaching two photos, one closed and one open. They are inexpensive enough so you can get a chrome one and a black one. Swap them out for a change. Yes you can keep your original one in the trunk and swap them out if you get in a bad reception area. Mine works fine even closed up :thumbs: . But. then again there are no hills in Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Who needs an antenna? I got XM and 6 cd player. I took the antenna off and put a rubber cap over the stud. I had a wire belt rack, from Home Depot, that I cut the end of the rubber protector off of. :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nighttamer said:
Who needs an antenna? I got XM and 6 cd player. I took the antenna off and put a rubber cap over the stud. I had a wire belt rack, from Home Depot, that I cut the end of the rubber protector off of. :D
I have the exact same radio, but still want to listen to local radio once in a while...

·
Registered
23 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
Luke Sky Watcher said:
Got mine here. http://www.carccessory.com/product.asp?key=Stubby_Short_Antenna_
:thumbs:
Works fine for me and took about 30 seconds to change. Have photo if you need one. Just PM me.
Hey Luke. Sales Guy called me after you advised him which antenna you bought. It look's great but up here in Spring Hill the reception is horible for all the Tampa station's. But what the hell, I mostly play MP3's

·
Registered
160 Posts
Barry said:
Hey Luke. Sales Guy called me after you advised him which antenna you bought. It look's great but up here in Spring Hill the reception is horible for all the Tampa station's. But what the hell, I mostly play MP3's
Dont know what to say :confused: but I have no problem locally and I keep mine closed. I plan to keep the original in the trunk just in case I travel and get weak signals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts