Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I ordered one and they sent me the wrong one. I sent it back and they refunded my money but I was still out the shipping.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, thanks for the feed back Gary. Doesnt leave me with much confindence.

Thanks.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the B Series

There was a little confusion on ordering. I ordered it, waited two weeks and still no antenna. I contacted the company and they were very helpful and sent one out to me right away.

Here are a couple of pics of the B series. The radio reception seems to be good without extending it.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
How is AM reception with the stubby? What's with the wire wrapping around the stock antenna?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
How is AM reception with the stubby? What's with the wire wrapping around the stock antenna?
The wire wrapped around the stock antenna is to cut down on the singing of the antenna as it goes through the air...Skip...if not it would make a lot of noise that you could hear with the top down....

·
Registered
166 Posts
The wire wrapped around the stock antenna is to cut down on the singing of the antenna as it goes through the air...Skip...if not it would make a lot of noise that you could hear with the top down....
Ah, no kidding. My truck and other GM car have it too, I never bothered to inquire about it until now though :lol:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Is the Stubby Base required too?

When purchasing the Stubby J or B series, does the base need to be ordered as well. I've taken delivery today and wanted to order an Antenna.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I didn't order a base, just the "B" stubby antenna. I installed it on right after taking delivery a few days ago, and it is working great! Plus, it looks so much better than the stock whip antenna.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
From basic feel of the antenna, how's it's "carwash durability"?

Not that my future Redline will often see a carwash unless I seriously have no time. I've had a car wash snap 2 antennas on a previous car:banghead:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I didn't order a base, just the "B" stubby antenna. I installed it on right after taking delivery a few days ago, and it is working great! Plus, it looks so much better than the stock whip antenna.
Thank you.. I just ordered mine.. How long did it take you to receive yours. Do you recall?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of the B series. The radio reception seems to be good without extending it.
^ ^ ^ Agree

Got the same one, vert pleased with the quality of the product, the look on my (graphite) Sky and the radio reception even without extending it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
J or B? Black or silver?

Suggestions anybody?

J or B, or a different one?

Black or silver on a Chili Pepper Red?? :)

Chili Pepper Red
Premium Tan top and interior
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
LSD
Monsoon upgrade

Dealer in Virgina tells me I'll have the Sky before Christmas :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I got the B Series in Chrome. It looks great to accent the chrome trim on the car, and also goes along with the Little Chromies from KappaSphere. Reception is good, and it has survived many a carwash. Read about it here:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5397

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts