Saturn Sky Forum banner

Stubby Antenna?

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  blueskygal 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I ordered one and they sent me the wrong one. I sent it back and they refunded my money but I was still out the shipping.

#5 ·
I have the B Series

There was a little confusion on ordering. I ordered it, waited two weeks and still no antenna. I contacted the company and they were very helpful and sent one out to me right away.

Here are a couple of pics of the B series. The radio reception seems to be good without extending it.

Attachments

#15 ·
Here are a couple of pics of the B series. The radio reception seems to be good without extending it.
^ ^ ^ Agree

Got the same one, vert pleased with the quality of the product, the look on my (graphite) Sky and the radio reception even without extending it.

#7 ·
How is AM reception with the stubby? What's with the wire wrapping around the stock antenna?

#8 ·
How is AM reception with the stubby? What's with the wire wrapping around the stock antenna?
The wire wrapped around the stock antenna is to cut down on the singing of the antenna as it goes through the air...Skip...if not it would make a lot of noise that you could hear with the top down....

#9 ·
Ah, no kidding. My truck and other GM car have it too, I never bothered to inquire about it until now though :lol:

#10 ·
Is the Stubby Base required too?

When purchasing the Stubby J or B series, does the base need to be ordered as well. I've taken delivery today and wanted to order an Antenna.

#11 ·
I didn't order a base, just the "B" stubby antenna. I installed it on right after taking delivery a few days ago, and it is working great! Plus, it looks so much better than the stock whip antenna.

#21 ·
:D
Suggestions anybody?

J or B, or a different one?

Black or silver on a Chili Pepper Red?? :)

Chili Pepper Red
Premium Tan top and interior
19' TSW Kyalami Chrome
LSD
Monsoon upgrade

Dealer in Virgina tells me I'll have the Sky before Christmas :thumbs:
See my pictures above for the black antenna on the Chili Pepper Red. I debated on the silver or the black and went with the black. I thought that if I didn't like the black, for $8.99 I could order the silver.

I hope that you have your Sky soon!

#20 · (Edited)
I got the B Series in Chrome. It looks great to accent the chrome trim on the car, and also goes along with the Little Chromies from KappaSphere. Reception is good, and it has survived many a carwash. Read about it here:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5397

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.