Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I'm back in NH winters..... wheels are stuck:willy: . Our image went in on 3/7 and on 3/14 we were at code 025. Just talked to our dealer, and no change, still code 025 status unknown. It seems that our image was accepted with chrome wheels prior to them realizing there was a problem. Now that the image has been accepted it can't be changed to polished or painted even if I wanted to. eeerrrrgggg:banghead:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm not hearing anything about why my order is still sitting. I have to assume it's because it's a Canadian order and will hopefully be processed and built in time for the May 11th release date. It is very frustrating thou. I may snap before the car reaches the dealership. We have already lost a few members.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frustrating is putting it mildly. Now I know the real meaning behind the saying "Stuck between a rock and a hard place". If in fact the chrome wheels are the problem, they should consider recalling all of their pre-production "show cars" and take the chrome wheels off them to use to deminish the back log of orders !

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yikes!, mine was imaged 3/10 and I may be in the same boat as far as the chrome wheels. Darn (actually the word I am thinking of is a lot stronger!), I was so happy to get my order in so soon. I went from #4 to #2 due to others wanting automatics. Still waiting for my TPW. Hope they get some more chrome wheels pronto!

·
Registered
55 Posts
stuck in canada and our snow is almost gone

JUST NOT KNOWING IS WHAT GETS ME. MY SALESPERSON IS GREAT, HER BOSS IS NICE ,THE DEALERSHIP IS FIRST CLASS ,BUT ,BUT, BUT,NO INFO ON THE PROGRESS OF MY SKY. I EVEN CALLED SATURN CANADA ,VERY PLEASANT PERSON ON THE PHONE BUT NO NEWS. :confused: :confused: THE ONLY THING I KNOW I'M NOT ALONE:cheers:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My car was imaged on February 23rd & has been "released to carrier". We ordered the chrome wheels & haven't heard from the dealer that there is any problem.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Chrome Wheels

I ordered the chrome wheels, red/black interior, my order sat at 030 for weeks, and although my dealer was great, no info to speak of the whole time.
I got a call yesterday afternoon from the dealer with a VIN (801) and that the car had already been released to the carrier.
Went from 030 to released to carrier in one day. Go figure!:)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
ozyman222 said:
I ordered the chrome wheels, red/black interior, my order sat at 030 for weeks, and although my dealer was great, no info to speak of the whole time.
I got a call yesterday afternoon from the dealer with a VIN (801) and that the car had already been released to the carrier.
Went from 030 to released to carrier in one day. Go figure!:)
After a long talk with my GM last night (at the Saturn Store I am ordering from) he said that we will see 30-to VIN to be quite common. The reason is with the ongoing switchover to GM ordering and the fluidity of parts (Red/Black, Automatic and Chrome) that certain cars like mine (manual - painted wheels) would be pushed through passing cars waiting. On the other hand when parts are available then those cars would take precedence and move through quicker - All to keep the lines running

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I hear GM paid a lot of workers at Delphi to quit work. I hope they are paying lotso overtime to the guys on the assembly line building my Sky, aka the remedy to my midlife crises :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts