Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Saturn needs to concider, is designing a cell phone holder in the passanger side cup holder(not the armrest cupholder). Something that would keep it upright and easy to see from the drivers seat. What Im using as of now is a (half the size of a mouse pad) rubber like thing. I've lade it across the cupholder and set my Palm Sprint 650 flat on it. I have made fast turns, and it hasn't flown off of it. Oh Well, it works. Pictures coming soon. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I don't use my cellphone while driving...it's too distracting to me. So I guess this whole "where do I put my cellphone" thing just isn't an issue with me. Besides...I keep my cellphone in my purse (which sits on the passenger seat)...but I suppose that's a 'girl' thing...:D :lol: Men could always carry a 'man purse'...LOL...oh I'm JUST KIDDING!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nscrbug said:
I don't use my cellphone while driving...it's too distracting to me. So I guess this whole "where do I put my cellphone" thing just isn't an issue with me. Besides...I keep my cellphone in my purse (which sits on the passenger seat)...but I suppose that's a 'girl' thing...:D :lol: Men could always carry a 'man purse'...LOL...oh I'm JUST KIDDING!!!

I know sometimes I think I need a manbag! ha:lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cupholder

Watching TV last night I saw an ad for an insert that goes inside your cupholder.
It has an opening for a phone, change, pen, and another little slot. I have a
650 so I doubt if it will fit (too wide) but if you have a smaller phone it may work and it gives you a place to keep change.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
nscrbug said:
Im with you girlfriend, besides with Onstar why would you use your cell, to hard to use when shifting. I just forward my cell to my onstar and Im set...:thumbs:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
agirltrucker said:
Im with you girlfriend, besides with Onstar why would you use your cell, to hard to use when shifting. I just forward my cell to my onstar and Im set...:thumbs:

Good point! But, as of June 23rd Onstar has yet to get me a phone number in the 325 area code!!:banghead: Onstar emergency works, phone doesn't!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Mitchell said:
Good point! But, as of June 23rd Onstar has yet to get me a phone number in the 325 area code!!:banghead: Onstar emergency works, phone doesn't!
Oh wow, that stinks. Sorry to hear your having probs my friend....:mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I keep the cell in my pocket when in the car as I will not answer it while driving :nono: I gave (or am giving) the very few people who even call me my Sky Number which is 708-3--- What do you think I'm crazy???:lol:
The few calls I have received (have not made one except to OnStar) have been crystal. two I was stopped - one I was doing 30-40 mph all top down.
I bought the extra 100 min for a year -- and my not use the whole 130 min! in that time. I hate communication via telephone! :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I dont know if I have seen a car with a specially designed cell phone holder. I recommend you get one of the clips that glues on to the back of the phone and then slides in to a small holder taped or glued to the car.

I always keep it in my pocket and set it to vibrate since I drive with the music too loud to hear it anyway.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thats good cause it works best for you sweetie, but alot of us have Verizon and they are also part of Onstar. Due to that we dont have to buy extra minutes, just added our cars on as part of the family plan for $9.95 and now we can call free anytime to any verizon customer and get free nights & weekends. :thumbs:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is this kinda what you're referring to?

Click here

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Thats good cause it works best for you sweetie, but alot of us have Verizon and they are also part of Onstar. Due to that we dont have to buy extra minutes, just added our cars on as part of the family plan for $9.95 and now we can call free anytime to any verizon customer and get free nights & weekends. :thumbs:
I am Verizon as well.
I can pay $120.00 a year to use Verizon or $17.00 for the 130 minutes... I went with the minutes.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I just have a piece of velcro on the left side of the console and a small piece on the back of my phone.... holds GREAT...... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
I was marveling at all of the cell phone holders at my local Car Wash while I was waiting for the baby to get its bath. Everything from side-clampers to pouches to sticky velcro pads... The works. You might want to check out a similar place in your neighborhood, or the "interior accessory isle" of your favorite auto parts store...

As for me, I have a RAZR which is very thin, so I keep it in my shirt pocket or in the flap in front of the seat if I don't have a shirt pocket. It fits perfect in the flap of the passenger seat with the recharge cord going to the lighter directly above. A perfect place to keep it while it charges...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
I am Verizon as well.
I can pay $120.00 a year to use Verizon or $17.00 for the 130 minutes... I went with the minutes.
Understand, but your missing out on the free cell to cell and free nights & weekends.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Mitchell said:
What Saturn needs to concider, is designing a cell phone holder in the passanger side cup holder(not the armrest cupholder). Something that would keep it upright and easy to see from the drivers seat. What Im using as of now is a (half the size of a mouse pad) rubber like thing. I've lade it across the cupholder and set my Palm Sprint 650 flat on it. I have made fast turns, and it hasn't flown off of it. Oh Well, it works. Pictures coming soon. :cheers:
Search eBay for Cell Cup Holder Auto Organizer and you'll find stuff like you are wishing for.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Nice idea.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Understand, but your missing out on the free cell to cell and free nights & weekends.
I am not missing it since I will not use the $17.00 worth of minutes. You have to pay $120.00 to get Verizon (I rounded to 10 bucks a month). So even for paying the minutes I save $103.00 a year... I don't call many people from my car and don't have many calls to the car.
Now, if you use your phone a lot -- yes it is a fine deal. But I'll save the $103 thank you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jdigiant said:
I was marveling at all of the cell phone holders at my local Car Wash while I was waiting for the baby to get its bath. Everything from side-clampers to pouches to sticky velcro pads... The works. You might want to check out a similar place in your neighborhood, or the "interior accessory isle" of your favorite auto parts store...

As for me, I have a RAZR which is very thin, so I keep it in my shirt pocket or in the flap in front of the seat if I don't have a shirt pocket. It fits perfect in the flap of the passenger seat with the recharge cord going to the lighter directly above. A perfect place to keep it while it charges...

Great Idea Thanks:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm thinking of one of those beer can hats........

But a beer can hat that holds your big gulp...cell phone...coffee...ipod...cd case...garage door opener....what an idea.... I must patent it soon!! I will be rich...rich I say!.....And we will look so cool with one on! :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts