Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summer Solstice Meet Columbia River Gorge June 24 & 25

Summer Solstice Meet Columbia River Gorge June 24 & 25

To celebrate the Summer Solstice, the Pacific Northwest Solstice and Sky Owners Club will meet on Saturday, June 24 and Sunday, June 25 for a driving tour of the beautiful Columbia River Gorge. Pontiac chose this area for both Press Events for the Solstice last year!
We will meet each day in Hood River, OR. at 11:00 am at the Starbucks at I-84 and Hwy 35 (Exit 64). Lunch at 11:30 will be at the Riverside Grill at the Hood River Inn, next to Starbucks. After lunch, we will head out for the Columbia Gorge Historic Highway, a stop at Rowena Crest, and then on to The Dalles, OR. We then plan to cross over to Washington State for a stop at The Stonehenge at Maryhill, WA. The Loop continues back west to the Maryhill Museum, the Maryhill Winery, Lyle, Bingen, and White Salmon, WA.

We also plan to have dinner together Saturday and Sunday nights for those folks that want to stay later. Dinner on Sat and Sun evenings will be at the Big Horse Brew Pub at 115 State St in Hood River around 4:30 or 5:00 pm. Please PM me to let me know if you will be there each night.

We will have two fun routes and the weather should be great!

For more information on Hood River, OR. http://www.hoodriver.org/

Photo preview: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=63916&posted=1#post63916

Pacific Northwest Solstice and Sky Owners Club

(No rules, no dues, just Meets!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Are there any more Skys in the Pacific Northwest?

These Solstice and Sky owners plan to attend.

Saturday, June 24

SumWin
Lucky5
SweetSly
Bugeye
tatooedsn
SgtMilburn
SunSports
Gizmo
Jen#744
Oregonian
DB 7
ron

Sunday, June 25

Sky List:

lchrisns

Solstice list:

O! Sole Mio
SunSports
DB 7
Bugeye
JohnLee666
Oregonian
O_A_G
Gizmo
Oregonsolstice
Solfull

·
Registered
105 Posts
SunSports said:
These Solstice owners plan to attend. Are there any Skys in the Pacific Northwest yet?

SunSports
DB 7
Bugeye
JohnLee666
SweetSly
Oregonian
ron
O_A_G
Gizmo
Oregonsolstice
oregon solstice
Solfull
Yes, there is one in Portland. Vin #100542

Can we attend the Solstice convention?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Summer Solstice Meet Pre-Run May 28!

We have 3 Sols and 1 Sky that will be doing a "Pre-Run" of the Summer Solstice Meet on May 28 if you want to join us. We will be meeting at the Starbucks at I-84 and Hwy 35 (exit 64) in Hood River on Sunday, May 28 at 12 pm. Let us know if you can make it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
lchrisns said:
Yes, there is one in Portland. Vin #100542

Can we attend the Solstice convention?

Chris
We would LOVE to have you attend and see your new Sky! I will put you on the list!

(No rules, no dues, just Meets!)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saturday and Sunday!

Due to popular demand, we have added Saturday, June 24 to the Meet. We will have a different route each day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
aaaack.... already committed, Sky to be no show for this weekend

My wife reminded me that, unfortunately, we are committed to the Beach with the family this coming weekend, and but we will be able to meet with the group in June.

Oh, we saw our first Solstice in Cannon Beach, Oregon today. I did a 180 and chased it down. We took turns looking each over [like two dogs meeting at the park], exchanged salutations, and headed out of town. His parting shot (said with a smile) was, "Get that piece of junk of the road!"

He was from Vancouver, B.C. and paid $38,000 Canadian.

Chris & Nita

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Summer Solstice Meet Pre-Run Sunday, May 28!

The pre-run is this Sunday, If anyone else wants to join us. I drove some of the route today, it will be BIG fun!

We have 3 Sols and 1 Sky that will be doing a "Pre-Run" of the Summer Solstice Meet on May 28 if you want to join us. We will be meeting at the Starbucks at I-84 and Hwy 35 (exit 64) in Hood River on Sunday, May 28 at 12 pm. Let us know if you can make it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
SunSports said:
The pre-run is this Sunday, If anyone else wants to join us. I drove some of the route today, it will be BIG fun!

We have 3 Sols and that will be doing a "Pre-Run" of the Summer Solstice Meet on May 28 if you want to join us. We will be meeting at the Starbucks at I-84 and Hwy 35 (exit 64) in Hood River on Sunday, May 28 at 12 pm. Let us know if you can make it.
ok, the Sky is back in for SUnday [weekend at the beach cancelled]. There are now three Sky's on the road in Oregon but I do not know the other owners.

Chris & Nita

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great! It will be fun to see your Sky! We will see you then!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Two weeks away!

Only two weeks away! Anyone else want to join us?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dinner

Dinner on Sat and Sun evenings will be at the Big Horse Brew Pub at 115 State St in Hood River around 4:30 or 5:00 pm. Please PM me to let me know if you will be there each night.

I drove some of the route today. Big Fun!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you ready?

85, sunny, light wind, your new Sky, top down, twisty roads, and some great friends.

Are you ready?

This is one of the reasons that you bought this car!

·
Registered
314 Posts
We did the WCKCC's event at Lake Tahoe last weekend. We were the only Sky but that didn't damper our fun one iota. We are booked so cannot join your event - sounds like lots of fun to be had by all attending. Maybe next time we can catch you. Good luck! :cheers: :driving:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SkyHope said:
We did the WCKCC's event at Lake Tahoe last weekend. We were the only Sky but that didn't damper our fun one iota. We are booked so cannot join your event - sounds like lots of fun to be had by all attending. Maybe next time we can catch you. Good luck! :cheers: :driving:
Come up for the Solli4Meet!

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5343

Solli4Meet Mt. Hood, OR. Sat, July 29

Since solli4me will be here in July, it gives the Pacific Northwest Solstice and Sky Owners Club an excuse to have another Solstice and Sky Owners Meet!

The Solli4Meet will be a Loop around Mt. Hood, OR. on Sat, July 29. We will meet at Crown Point near Corbett, OR. at 10 am.

Next stop will be Multnomah Falls, along the Old Historic Highway.

On to Hood River, OR. and up to Mt.Hood and the Timberline Lodge for lunch.

If you could not join us for the Summer Solstice Meet, this is your chance for a nice drive with some new friends!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Thanks for the invite

July 29th we will be slumming on the Mendocino coast with friends and family at an annual abalone dive. (There are those of us encourage the divers of the group - terrific eats). We're going to do a dry run packing to see if it is possible to get two sleeping bags and a change of clothes in the SKY. Worst case we'll send our gear ahead.

We have a daughter living in Florence and plan to visit her no later than October. Will watch for opportunities to combine our visit with any Sky/Sol gatherings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
SkyHope said:
July 29th we will be slumming on the Mendocino coast with friends and family at an annual abalone dive. (There are those of us encourage the divers of the group - terrific eats). We're going to do a dry run packing to see if it is possible to get two sleeping bags and a change of clothes in the SKY. Worst case we'll send our gear ahead.

We have a daughter living in Florence and plan to visit her no later than October. Will watch for opportunities to combine our visit with any Sky/Sol gatherings.

You crazy kids are too busy!
We have talked about another Oregon Coast Run in the Fall. Keep in touch!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sunny and Hot! Nice drive, great folks, good food, etc.

And we get to do it again on Sunday!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Rowena Loops!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts