Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I have to jump in here and say considering the recent events I would think everyone should be welcome and nothing should be exclusive.

There are many different personalities and not all care for each other. Some just remain more silent on the subject and attend events regardless of the other attendees. If you don't like someone attending, go to the other end of the room, pretend they're not there and have a great time with whom you choose to spend time with.

We are a family, completely disfunctional, but a family nonetheless.

Has the pain we have felt this week taught us nothing?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
One could add that some of us are slow learners as well ... the little yellow bus would be very crowded :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
<EDIT>

ok.. so I edited (removed) my post here... because while I consider myself a Massc member and friend to all, I am far from consistently active in the regional (Massc and non-Massc) events which keeps me away from personalities and other things which can come up.

So.. that being said..

I'm not really qualified to chime in on this topic.

Please excuse my "sticking nose in"-ness.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Mark..this has been known for a long time..it went public because they were testing....here is the bottom line...for everyone to understand.

There is a sickness out there...for someone in their 40s to start crying I cannot go..boo hoo...I do not want to associate with these people. Without mentioning names, others also.

Everyone cannot be nice...I cannot embrace everyone...If this car becomes your life, I can only pity that person....If someone else wishes to take responsibility for this event...it can easily be arranged...if u do not want to come, do not subscribe. " It's my party and I'll cry if i want to" also!

Life goes on...even after a tragedy.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
What is not understood is that you are saying it's a non-MASSC event, yet it is exclusionary. Wouldn't by virtue of it being a non-MASSC event mean that it's non-exclusionary, that all are welcome to attend? And I don't see any mention of exclusions in any of the previous posts, so why would I know that I'm being excluded? Maybe you'll want to post a list of the exclusions so others that aren't invited will know that.
Lisa, I just wanted to explain the part about the non-MASSC event to you in a non-confrontational way so that you understand why marlboromike always stresses that his events are not MASSC events.

solli4me and I, as the two founders of the original MASC (back when only the Solstice was available and the club had only one S) formed the club to be open to all who had a passion for the Solstice, without discrimination or exclusion.

When the Sky was released and there was a movement to form a Sky club, some members of the original MASC thought it was a great idea to add the Sky to the existing MASC club and rename ourselves MASSC instead of having two competing clubs, especially since a lot of the members were "cross-posters" who participated and made friends equally among both the Sky and Solstice communities.

As such, solli4me and I have asked that anyone who wants to plan a MASSC event not put any restrictions on who may attend.

marlboromike is, in his own obnoxious way, trying to adhere to our request by ensuring that MASSC, a non-discriminatory Kappa club, is not involved in the planning of his events.

With that in mind, I hope you continue to feel welcome at any and all official MASSC clubs that may take place in the future. :grouphug:

·
Registered
487 Posts
ME2 . . . Ignoring all the massc / non-massc stuff. I'll be there since its in my backyard. Just need to get a date finalized.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
This is the list of tentative ATTENDEES...September date has not been determined. If I move it to Oct 4th...it will be more seasonal...considering this if members r amenable.

07Bluestone
BillSolt (Sept. 20th only)
Dengel
MarlboroMike + Spouse
Morfious
Smartin
Spag
TarantulaSky + Winston
XMicroRL
XMicroSR
Please note the new date of Oct 4th if aggreeable...Sept 27th is null & voided.

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Oct 4th:thumbs:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mike i would really like to come but if the date is oct 04 i can't. I will be going to Cleveland with my sons to see the Cleveland Browns:banghead:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I cannot make it for October 4th. I will be in Ohio for the T2TR Double Header, and doing Pre-Runs for the 2010 National Meet in Canton (where I hope we will make a good showing!)

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
This Saturday will be a good day to sit around the round table...I don't want to miss the day for Apple picking like last year...we were one week too late

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Hey Mike,

Dad and I will be there.

And to chime in on the people who are attending, I do not understand why if someone knows the uncomfortable feeling people have about them...........Why would you want to come? :willy:

If I was unwanted, I would not even waste my time with those people. I think it is sad that it has to be so blunt, why can't subtle hints be enough?? In the good old days, when people ignored you or "turned the other cheek", it was a quiet way of saying that they do not mix well with you. So you would walk away quietly and at least retain you dignity because nothing was said aloud.

I know many of you are more politically correct than Mike, but I see no other way he can communicate his feelings to certain members without doing it this way, it is sad, and it is his event that he wants to enjoy the day, I have to say I do not blame him.......Sorry, I get it Mike. :cheers:

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
This is embarassing but the ME 2 clause was not followed...so I have started a new list.

Dengel
Morfious (U cheated)
theFred (this may need qualification)
XMicroRL

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
This is embarassing but the ME 2 clause was not followed...so I have started a new list.

Dengel
Morfious
theFred (this may need qualification)
XMicroRL
You may have missed my previous post, but if the date has changed to Oct 4, I CANNOT attend. I will be in Ohio that weekend.

Please confirm the date.

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #38 (Edited)
The date will be confirmed this weekend at Casablanca...It is my belief that if we do it Sept 20th...that will be too early for all the wooden caricatures to be out for halloween..and if we do it too late, there will be no apple picking...and to be seasonal, it should be in October...It is too early to call the farm...I am leaning towards Oct. 4th so we can still hopefully have seasonal weather. I know this date does not sit well with some members...I will try to satisfy date requirements as much as I can.

Upcoming events...Harold's Deli...late fall by (un)popular demand.

Comments r welcomed!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
oh my goodness... Ouch.... What is wrong with you... Be nice...You are stressing me. I am stressed.... Oh my this is like a soap opera....
We are Family..... I love you all...

What is wrong with everyone... Goodness... MM you need to quiet yourself and do some talking to God. I love you... T

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
.....hey Mike....i'd love to go but unfortunately it would violate my parole:lol:...it would've been nice to show off my new G.I. Joe hood liner:thumbs::lol:

21 - 40 of 187 Posts