Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunni 1 was to be picked up in the afternoon, Friday. Well, I was home Thursday night and realized I had never taken a test drive. A plan emerged. Take the drive - pull up to where my wife works and let her get a preview (plus I could practice my rusty 5-speed moves). You know - whet my appetite for the "real thing" tomorrow.
So I get to the Saturn Store and the say "Sure -- take Sunni for a ride!" and they open the doors and pull her outside (she was in the showroom - right in the middle.). A couple of the Sale consultants were kidding me that I had said I was afraid that if I took Sunni for a ride - I'd never bring her back....

Well, I didn't!!:willy: :cool: :willy:

When I got to my wife’s place of work, she was about to leave (about 2 hours early). I called the dealer and asked -- "Hey can we do the deal tonight?" The answer came back -- "Sure!"
So I took her for a ride and never brought her back! Lil Sunni 1 is sitting in my garage as I type. This stupid grin makes it tough to see the keyboard -- but I'll live with it!
What a ride. Even with my rusty shifting skills this motor sounds way cool! Cruising down the main street of the town I live in may cause a rash of neck strains at the 24-hour Emergency Care Center! I have to spend some quality time with her setting radio stations, trying every control out. Need to get the mirrors aimed better...
I found nothing unexpected thanks to the great feedback from all you earlier owners. Now to settle back and read the owners manual!!
:D :cheers:

·
Registered
151 Posts
That is awesome Rick! Glad you have your beauty at home.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The long wait is finally over. Congrats. Can't wait to see it in person (and you, too, of course) next month in Downers Grove.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What joy is in store for the two of you from here on out:cheers: :cool: :thumbs: !

·
Registered
802 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Sunni 1 was to be picked up in the afternoon, Friday. .....................................were kidding me that I had said I was afraid that if I took Sunni for a ride - I'd never bring her back....Well, I didn't!!:willy: :cool: :willy: cheers:
Congratulations Rick. Now is the time for comments and pictures. Super!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Sunni 1 was to be picked up in the afternoon, Friday. Well, I was home Thursday night and realized I had never taken a test drive. A plan emerged. Take the drive - pull up to where my wife works and let her get a preview (plus I could practice my rusty 5-speed moves). You know - whet my appetite for the "real thing" tomorrow.
So I get to the Saturn Store and the say "Sure -- take Sunni for a ride!" and they open the doors and pull her outside (she was in the showroom - right in the middle.). A couple of the Sale consultants were kidding me that I had said I was afraid that if I took Sunni for a ride - I'd never bring her back....

When I got to my wife’s place of work, she was about to leave (about 2 hours early). I called the dealer and asked -- "Hey can we do the deal tonight?" The answer came back -- "Sure!"
So I took her for a ride and never brought her back! Lil Sunni 1 is sitting in my garage as I type. This stupid grin makes it tough to see the keyboard -- but I'll live with it!
What a ride. Even with my rusty shifting skills this motor sounds way cool! Cruising down the main street of the town I live in may cause a rash of neck strains at the 24-hour Emergency Care Center! I have to spend some quality time with her setting radio stations, trying every control out. Need to get the mirrors aimed better...
I found nothing unexpected thanks to the great feedback from all you earlier owners. Now to settle back and read the owners manual!!

So did you drive it like you stole it? :thumbs:

That is great! really :cool:
:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Finally

The best is yet to come, now that you are behind the wheel.
Congratulations Rick :thumbs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:

Congratulations Rick learn all the controls, then get the camera out and show it off to us:cheers:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Congrats

Now you probably never want to stop driving. I bet your wife was thrilled to see you pull up at work. I just can't wait to see it in person, next month in Downers Grove for the Show.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Congratulations man,

I know how hard it is to leave it at the dealer .. I had to do that with mine...

and I am glad you said this.
"Now to settle back and read the owners manual!!"
if only every new owner would do that, A bunch of the questions we see here would be answered...:)
7,750miles and still Smiling:)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That's just awesome, Rick! So happy for ya, buddy! :cheers: Now go and drive the heck outta her! :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Have Fun!!!!

Even with the trany mishap I had I LOVETHIS CAR and you will have lot's of fun with yours.:D

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Enjoy:cheers:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Short Stay

I thought it would be hard for anyone to leave their new Sky with the dealer for a full week or more after it had arrived!:lol: Glad you could steal it, guess it kinda feels like you're getting a little something extra sneekin' it away like you did!:D Have fun and enjoy!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Whew! I thought you meant your car was actually STOLEN! :eek:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Congrats! I didn't think you'd be able to leave it at the dealership without it driving you nuts. :lol:

Lots of pictures please.:thumbs:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great story, Great color

1 - 20 of 26 Posts