Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all of my fellow Sky Roadster supporters. YES...my SKY that was lost for 11 days was found and she is now with ME!!

FIRST IMPRESSIONS 200 MILES:
LIKE:
-Looks, looks, looks. Did I happen to mention “looks?”
-Hugs road & corners very well
-Crisp tight steering
-Cockpit like seating--SNUG (don’t plan on doing ANYTHING other than driving)
-Supportive, hold your body in seats
-Leather done nicely
-Climate control, very easy to understand & operate
-Rubber strips on the metal pedals, really helps foot from slipping off
-Digital readouts showing fuel consumption, outside temp, etc.
-Standard radio/CD/Speakers sound fine to me
-LARGE wheels & tires
-Smooth ride...suprised at how the car absorbs more bumps then my SUV
-LOOKS...she is SEXY!!!

DISLIKES:
-Exterior color mismatch. Painted plastic parts vs. painted metal parts radically different shades of yellow
-Blind spots--serious limited vision when driving (large rearview mirror, thick front windshield surround, short Tommy-gun side window, Aero ferrings & Buttresses)
-No place to clip sunglass/eyeglass holder, cell phone
-Speedometer, difficult to determine 45 & 55 MPH at a glance (only dashes, not numbered) & difficult to read with my prescription sunglasses.
-Major wind turbulence with top down. Much more than expected. Don’t think even the KappaShield will block enough to keep the hair looking fixed.

WATCH OUT FOR
-Long hood, much longer then expected when viewed from the drivers seat.
-Any clothing put in trunk that sheds such as a fleece, WILL get fibers on your top if it touches.

Hope you like the pics!!!
Diana "Sunny Ragtop"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
CONGRATZ!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Niiiiiiice!!!!! :willy:

Enjoy!!!

Regards,

:willy: BA :willy:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've told you many times before...I'm so excited for you!!! I'm so happy I got to see you take delivery! :cheers: I hope you guys have fun. I'll be looking around town for you! :cool:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
:cheers: Congrats and welcome to the world of roadsters, they all have long hoods and its a convertible, of course you are going to get your hair blown!:lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Looks GREAT -- rminds me of a car I bought... Heheheh Oh minus the Spoiler...
But WAY COOL!:thumbs:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well Sunny Ragtop, I am having your experience. My car shows delivered on 4/7. But....no sign of her yet. Now if it is 11 days like yours then it should show up inside the next 8 days. I am driving my husband crazy. Everytime the phone rings, I jump, just hoping it is my GM or Salesman. Hopefully:driving: soon.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
MOMDRAE said:
Well Sunny Ragtop, I am having your experience. My car shows delivered on 4/7. But....no sign of her yet. Now if it is 11 days like yours then it should show up inside the next 8 days. I am driving my husband crazy. Everytime the phone rings, I jump, just hoping it is my GM or Salesman. Hopefully:driving: soon.
Congrats, welcome to the happy motoring club. Glad to here you got her.

As for MOMDRAE, it will show delivered when it leaves the plant on the carier. It is at that time it goes 050, EVT500, meaning that it is now owned by the dealer, no longer property of the plant. Mine went 050 the day it was shipped, 13 days to Texas from Delaware. Train all the way to Ft Worth, transporter to dealer. Be patient, it will be there soon, getting closer as we speak.

·
Registered
274 Posts
love the car!!!
Sunny Ragtop said:
DISLIKES:
-Exterior color mismatch. Painted plastic parts vs. painted metal parts radically different shades of yellow
oh no!!!!! I'm a car freak!!!! I would not buy nine if the mismatch is as bad as your back bumper....
oh no !!!!!... I would even sell it on ebay... if this happened...
i'm criying already..... :eek::eek::mad::mad::mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :brentil: :brentil:

but then again your car looks great!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Sunny Ragtop said:
DISLIKES:
-Blind spots--serious limited vision when driving (large rearview mirror, thick front windshield surround, short Tommy-gun side window, Aero ferrings & Buttresses)
-No place to clip sunglass/eyeglass holder, cell phone
-Speedometer, difficult to determine 45 & 55 MPH at a glance (only dashes, not numbered) & difficult to read with my prescription sunglasses.
-Major wind turbulence with top down. Much more than expected. Don’t think even the KappaShield will block enough to keep the hair looking fixed.

Diana "Sunny Ragtop"

Diana....is the paint mismatch noticeable from the pictures you posted? If so...could you please point out which pic it is visible in? I studied the pics closely and could not visibly see anything. Maybe it's something that you actually have to see in person? Regardless, that would have to be very frustrating! :banghead: Has your dealer or Saturn Corp. offered any recourse for this problem?

You mentioned "blind spots"...is this with the top up, down, or both?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I actually noticed this same problem on the yellow demo in Spartanburg, SC. It was getting late so the lighting was bad... I just figured it was a combination of the poor lighting, shadows from the angles on the car, and my imagination. I didn't think twice about it. I must have been wrong.

I have only seen yellow SKYs so I don't know if this is a problem associated with any other color :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
NC Sky said:
I actually noticed this same problem on the yellow demo in Spartanburg, SC. It was getting late so the lighting was bad... I just figured it was a combination of the poor lighting, shadows from the angles on the car, and my imagination. I didn't think twice about it. I must have been wrong.

I have only seen yellow SKYs so I don't know if this is a problem associated with any other color :confused:
I noticed it on the Silver Pearl demo here... not very noticeable, but is there. I am wondering if the panels are not being sprayed at the same time. :nono:

I don't think it is too bad though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
nc

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I cannot wait any longer to see my yellow sky, what kind of reaction are you getting from the general public?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I guess it is hard to get the plastic and metal areas to match. I wonder how this could be fixed at the factory :confused: Does this have something to do with primer... or just how paint looks on different surfaces?

I hope it isn't noticable on the black!

Regardless - the cars look HOT!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
well now that i got a great idea of what mine is gonna look like!!! thanks for the pics ENJOY looks AWSOME!!!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
RMFNSKY said:
I assume you are talking about this area. If so I think (and hope) that that is a effect of the lighting:eek:
:agree: Looks like a reflection of something on the rear quarter panel. But then again, I don't know what it looks like in person...only Diana knows the answer to that and she has stated that the paint is mismatched...which is a major bummer. :nono:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts