Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly, my New Orleans Saints aren't in it. Nor are The Dallas Cowboys who are the favorite of most at our WindRestrictor offices.

Of course the early favorites to make it are The Carolina Panthers and The New England Patriots. Out of these two I'd have to go with New England. Although, I'll admit Carolina has looked damn near unstoppable.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
E A G L E S EAGLES...

...will certainly not be going either. ;)

I don't follow football enough to have this kind of insight...and my Anaheim Ducks, one of the favored NHL teams to win the Stanley Cup this year, have tanked too. LOL

So yea, I can predict who WON'T go apparently.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
I'm a Dolphins fan. However, to be the best you have to beat the best. And, as far as I'm concerned, the Patriots are the best.

Best run teams in sports.... Patriots, Spurs, Hendrick Racing, St. Louis Cardinals, (I don't know Hockey.... Red Wings?), Alabama (Even though I DETEST Saban).... anyone else?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sadly, my New Orleans Saints aren't in it. Nor are The Dallas Cowboys who are the favorite of most at our WindRestrictor offices.

Of course the early favorites to make it are The Carolina Panthers and The New England Patriots. Out of these two I'd have to go with New England. Although, I'll admit Carolina has looked damn near unstoppable.
Heck yeah, REMATCH! Curse you Vinitari! (that should clarify who I'm pulling for)

--

Nawlins is "still alive":

Code:
Still Alive 
Seed Team Division Record 
7  Tampa Bay  South 6-7-0 
8  Atlanta  South 6-7-0 
9  Philadelphia  East 6-7-0 
10  N.Y. Giants  East 6-7-0 
11  St. Louis  West 5-8-0 
12  New Orleans  South 5-8-0
Brees is always dangerous :thumbs:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've been able to predict the winner of every Super Bowl since Namath threw the ball for the Jets in the first one. This year's winner will be

......the team with the most points at the end of the game.:jester:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I was a Houston Oilers fan... meh...

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Any time a team can go 4-8 and be considered a playoff team, something is truly wrong. Can not watch pro football. Hate all the side shows. But the wife wants the Chiefs to win it. Doubtful. Totally dislike/detest the Patriots and Bell a cheater.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
My top Engineer is a huge Cowboy fan. He was still telling me last week they had a chance at the Super Bowl.

College you lose a game, your normally done. But your not getting to the championship with two losses very often.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I hate to see any Texas team loose, (except the Longhorns..) but I lost faith in the Cowboys after Staubach and Landry left..

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
The panthers are undefeated simply because, look at the schedule? and their sorry ass division...
When they play a championship caliber team or 2, we will see if they are for real...so far they have been playing soft teams..

I hate the patriots and belicheat.. and brady with his under-inflated balls..

Who will win the SB? who the hell knows...:D

·
7,019 Posts
The panthers are undefeated simply because, look at the schedule? and their sorry ass division...
When they play a championship caliber team or 2, we will see if they are for real...so far they have been playing soft teams..

I hate the patriots and belicheat.. and brady with his under-inflated balls..

Who will win the SB? who the hell knows...:D
Frank, I'm not a fan but I think the Carolina Panthers will go undefeated in the regular season this year. They have 3 game left with these guys:
NY Giants - Atlanta Falcon and Tampa Bay Buccaneers...
And I agree that the Panthers had a easy schedule this year, the toughest team they played were the Seattle Seahawks...

·
Registered
873 Posts
Yeah, Seahawks and GB...BEAT 'EM. :rolleyes: Injuries, soft schedule, crappy division, yada, yada, yada are just BS excuses. Panthers were thought they were going to be left for dead losing their #1 WR in K. Benjamin in training camp. But they aren't and have found ways to win regardless of what others say. The NFL has A LOT of crappy teams this year. They play who they play. There is no other team, or fans for that matter, that would be bitching if they were in the position the Panthers are in with their "weak schedule." Any that do are full of ****. Sorry the Panthers don't have the long history of GB, Pittsburgh, NE, 49ers, etc., but they are making history nonetheless. Will they win the SB? Who knows, but I hope they take it all that way all the haters will just shut it. But I know even if they win the SB, there will still be people out there that say they only won it because of their "weak schedule." GMAFB.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I'm a Dolphins fan. However, to be the best you have to beat the best. And, as far as I'm concerned, the Patriots are the best.
The Eagles beat the Patriots...Heeeeeeeyyy...maybe we have a shot at this yet! LOL ;)

Best run teams in sports.... Patriots, Spurs, Hendrick Racing, St. Louis Cardinals, (I don't know Hockey.... Red Wings?), Alabama (Even though I DETEST Saban).... anyone else?
LOL...Red Wings...During the 90s and 2000s yes but today, not so much. The thing with hockey is that ever since the strike of 04-05 and the introduction of the salary cap, there has been a lot more parity in the league. However, the Chicago Blackhawks and...uhg...LA Kings (I'm a huge Anaheim Ducks fan, Kings are our biggest rivals so it pains me to say this...) are probably the two most dominant teams in the last 10 years. Certainly about the last 6.

My top Engineer is a huge Cowboy fan. He was still telling me last week they had a chance at the Super Bowl.

College you lose a game, your normally done. But your not getting to the championship with two losses very often.
Yea, but there are a couple more college teams than there are pro teams and the caliber of those teams cover a far greater spectrum than the pros. You have some programs that are clearly not nearly as good as others and that disparity means you always have a couple of teams with almost perfect records.

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Seldom do you get a team with a perfect record. Bama would be the only one and I think they just did one in their run. Way too much parity in the top 5 conferences. 2 or 3 good teams in all of them now.

Only one made it so far this year, Clemson, and I doubt they get thru the playoff the winner. I think Oklahoma will destroy them.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts